Articles by Benjamin Reeves
- Toyota June US Car Sales Bounce Back 60 Percent
July 03 2012 11:39 AM
Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE: TM) June U.S. sales rose 60.3 percent compared to the year before, the company announced Tuesday.
- General Motors June US Car Sales Rocket 16%
July 03 2012 10:51 AM
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) reported 15.5 percent year-over-year U.S. sales growth in June and the best sales month for the company since September 2008.
- Ford June US Car Sales Gain On Demand For SUVs
July 03 2012 10:37 AM
Ford reported Tuesday that June sales rose 7 percent over the year before driven by strong sales of trucks and SUVs.
- June US Car Sales - Ford, GM, Chrysler Report Big Gains
July 03 2012 10:34 AM
Detroit?s carmakers saw strong June U.S. car sales with Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reporting 20 percent year-over-year sales growth and Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) reporting more modest 7 percent sales gains.
- Chrysler Reports Best June Sales Since 2007
July 03 2012 9:24 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reported June sales rose 20 percent compared to the year before, making it the best June sales month in five years.
- Time Warner, CNN Brand May Gain From Anderson Cooper's Gay Announcement
July 02 2012 4:37 PM
Time Warner Inc.'s (NYSE: TWX) share price and advertising spending on CNN are unlikely to be impacted by Anderson Cooper's announcement that he's gay. The news may have a long-term positive impact on his brand and cable news show, Anderson Cooper 360.
- 'Bath Salts' Drug May Have Fueled Nude Carjacking in Arizona
July 02 2012 2:59 PM
The now notorious zombie drug bath salts may be to blame in the case of a nude carjacking in Scottsdale, Ariz., that left seven injured, including a pregnant woman who broke both of her legs, media reports said.
- Bird T---s And Your Car: Beware The Emu Poop
June 29 2012 7:00 PM
Smart USA employed zoology, statistics, engineering, and some cheeky graphic design to put an obnoxious Twitter follower in the right about the effects of bird doo-doo on cars. Here's the dirt on how much damage bird poop can cause to cars, and which color cars are most subject to aerial bombardment.
- Toyota May Face Govt Investigation For New Floor Mat Recall
June 29 2012 1:45 PM
Toyota just can't seem to get the floor mats right on its cars. Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) is recalling approximately 154,000 model-year 2010 Lexus RX 350 and RX 450 H cars for potential floor mat interference with accelerator pedal, the same problem which afflicted millions of the company's cars in 2009 and 2010. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is considering launching an investigation of Toyota regarding delays in notifying the agency about the...
- Losses in Europe, Growth in US - Time For Ford To Leave Europe?
June 29 2012 12:48 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) must be asking itself when the European automotive market becomes too toxic as sales in the region slump, the euro zone teeters on the brink of disaster and carmaker predicts European losses of close to $600 million in the second quarter.
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 Preview: Moving Motor Show, Jenson Button and the McLaren MP4-12C [PHOTOS]
June 28 2012 7:19 PM
The Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012 kicked off Thursday with the annual Moving Motor Show. The Festival of Speed hillclimb will be the big draw during the weekend at Britain's largest auto show.
- Iran Oil Sanctions: China Gets Exemption From White House; U.S. Will Boost Monitoring Of Banks
June 28 2012 4:05 PM
Following an extended game of chicken, the Obama administration granted China and Singapore an exception to the Iranian oil sanctions, senior White House officials said Thursday.
- Microsoft's Athens Headquarters Firebombed
June 27 2012 2:32 PM
Microsoft Corporation's (Nasdaq: MSFT) Athens, Greece headquarters was firebombed on Wednesday by gunmen who drove a van loaded with gasoline through the doors of the four story building, Reuters reported.
- Apple Facing Justice Dept. Discrimination Accusations
June 27 2012 2:19 PM
Applesauce might be on the menu if Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) doesn't take swift actions to ameliorate members of a coalition representing Iranian-Americans and speakers of Farsi who were allegedly denied sale of iPads and other merchandise by Apple store employees in recent weeks.
- Last Chance To Buy 'New' Gasoline-Powered Saab - Cars Languishing in Ports To Be Auctioned
June 27 2012 11:25 AM
The collection of new Saab Automobile AB 9-3, 9-4 and 9-5 cars that have been languishing in U.S. ports following the company's bankruptcy will be liquidated at auction beginning on June 28 with a lot in Newark, N.J.
- US Car Sales June 2012 Preview: Plateauing Sales A New Equilibrium
June 26 2012 4:26 PM
U.S. car sales are expected to have remained strong in June, maintaining a total seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of around 14 million vehicles, however sales are beginning to slow at the beginning of summer and a return to pre-recession sales levels is not foreseen anytime soon, according to early predictions by analysts at LMC Automotive and Kelley Blue Book.
- Ghosn-zilla! Brazilian CEO Is Biggest Earner In Japan
June 26 2012 11:06 AM
Nissan Motor Company (Tokyo: 7201) CEO Carlos Ghosn was the highest-paid CEO in Japan in the last fiscal year with a salary and bonus totaling 987 million yen ($12.5 million), according to Reuters.
- Apple's Export Compliance Policy Ambiguous, Leaves Room To Deny Sale To Farsi Speakers
June 22 2012 5:15 PM
Apple Inc. has become embroiled in controversy after reports that Atlanta-area Apple Store employees refused sale of iPads and other merchandise to Farsi speakers and people of Iranian descent. At the center of the accusations of racial profiling is how the company is interpreting the U.S. embargo on Iran.
- Tesla Shares Gain On Model S Anticipation, Goldman Sachs 'Buy', and Wells Fargo Backing
June 22 2012 3:21 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) will begin deliveries of test-drivable, production versions of its long-awaited successor to the Roadster electric car, the Model S sedan on Friday.
- Apple Responds To Anti-Farsi Bias Charge, More Cases Emerging: NIAC
June 22 2012 12:56 PM
After allegations of racial profiling by Apple Inc. employees against Farsi-speaking customers at Apple stores, the company issued a statement Friday saying it doesn't discriminate against anyone, but it failed to address accusations of specific incidents at Atlanta-area stores.