- Is Apple Rotten Without Jobs? Alleged Discrimination Against Farsi Speakers Adds To Company's Image Problems
June 21 2012 6:03 PM
Apple's shining white façade is picking up grime in the year after the death of genius CEO Steve Jobs. Recent weeks have brought a marketing gaffe at the World Wide Developers Conference and accusations of racial profiling against Iranian-Americans and Farsi speakers by Apple Store employees.
- Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn May Step Down In Mid-Term
June 21 2012 4:58 PM
Nissan Motor Company (Tokyo: 7201) CEO Carlos Ghosn may step down before the start of the company's next mid-term business plan begins in five years, according to Bloomberg News Thursday.
- Apple Workers 'Engaging In Racial Profiling' By Refusing Sale To Farsi Speakers: NIAC
June 21 2012 2:54 PM
The National Iranian American Council joined the Council of American-Islamic Relations in denouncing Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and asserted that Apple Store employees who have refused to sell iPads and other products to customers speaking Farsi, the language of Iran, have been clearly engaging in racial profiling.
- Apple Silent On Workers Refusing Sale To Farsi Speakers, Talking To CAIR
June 21 2012 12:17 PM
The Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) says it's talking to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) about an official response to reports employees have been refusing to sell iPads and products to customers speaking Farsi, the Iranian national language.
- Stunning New Aston Martin 310 Vanquish Fills Super Grand Tourer Niche [PHOTOS]
June 20 2012 6:13 PM
After much anticipation, storied British carmaker Aston Martin finally released its new flagship the AM 310 Vanquish, reviving the Vanquish name after an absence of years and securing a niche for the super grand tourer.
- Apple Store Employees Refuse iPad Sale To Farsi Speakers
June 20 2012 10:41 AM
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) stirred controversy following reports that employees of Apple stores have refused to sell products to customers overheard speaking Farsi, the language of Iran, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said in a statement Wednesday.
- Greece Remains In Economic Death Spiral Despite New Government
June 20 2012 9:19 AM
The formation of a new Greek government Wednesday staves off fears of a swift departure from the euro zone by the Hellenic Republic. But this week's election and installation of a new administration merely extends the country's economic death-spiral as its economic woes remain deep and pervasive.
- No Lay-offs Despite Toyota Cutting Domestic Output 10%
June 20 2012 7:02 AM
Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) plans to cut Japanese production capacity by more than 10 percent by 2014, according to Auto News Tuesday.
- The Quick And the Dead: Legal Battle Keeps Carroll Shelby's Body In Dallas Morgue Limbo
June 19 2012 2:33 PM
Legendary racing driver and muscle car builder Carroll Shelby is no longer quick, in both senses of the word, as a weird legal battle between his children and the last of his seven wives for possession of his remains has left his body stationary chilling in a Dallas County morgue, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.
- German Economic Sentiment Experienced Worst Decline In 13 years
June 19 2012 11:26 AM
German economic sentiment has deteriorated in June, according to the ZEW economic indicator which fell 27.7 points to minus 16.9, its strongest decline since October 1998.
- 'Satoshi Motoyama Is Our Hero!' Nissan DeltaWing Driver Real Hero Of Le Mans 2012 [VIDEO]
June 18 2012 5:02 PM
In what was possibly the most dramatic moment in this weekend's 24 Heures Du Mans, the experimental and much anticipated Nissan DeltaWing racing car, which promised to revolutionize the sport, was struck by a LMP1-class Toyota racer, sending it flying into the tires and prematurely ending its day at the races. However, the real story was just beginning when the car flew off the track.
- Requiem For The Supercar: Last Days For Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, Lamborghini Aventador?
June 18 2012 12:32 PM
We are living at the end of an era, during the swan song of greatness, the twilight years of a golden age, the last days of the great supercars, ultra-high horsepower paeans to driving: the Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, McLaren MP4-12C, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. They may all soon be replaced by electric cars and hybrids.
- Chinese Car Companies Hiring European Designers
June 18 2012 11:12 AM
State-owned Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Company (commonly known as Beijing Automotive Group or BAIC) hired Leonardo Fioravanti, legendary designer of the Ferrari Daytona, to transform the Chinese car conglomerate into a world-class maker of luxury cars by 2025, according to Bloomberg News.
- From Mustangs To Trans Ams To GTs, Carroll Shelby's Iconic Designs And Hitler's Parade Car: An Investor's Guide To Classic Autos
June 16 2012 6:35 PM
In the weeks leading to the Barrett-Jackson Auction Co.'s collector car auction in Orange County, Calif., a new group of people appears to be joining aging-vehicle aficionados in paying attention to this annual event, as an increasing number of investors are turning to older vehicles as the latest safe havens for their money.
- Despite Occupy Wall Street, CEO Pay Rose In 2011: The Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs [PHOTOS]
June 16 2012 4:53 PM
Executive compensation continued to rise last year -- despite Occupy Wall Street's vociferous howling and gnashing of teeth -- and on average the pay of CEOs at S&P 500 companies increased 6 percent, according to a report by compensation-data company Equilar.
- Christian Missionaries Protest Arab International Festival With Pig's Head [VIDEO]
June 16 2012 1:54 PM
Christian missionaries held an anti-Islamic protest at the Dearborn, Mich., Arab International Festival and taunted Arab-Americans with a pig's head mounted on a pole while shouting You're gonna burn in hell, according to reports Saturday.
- Greek Economy Slipping Into Dark Ages As Election Approaches
June 16 2012 1:31 PM
As Greek voters prepare to the go to the polls on Sunday and central banks around the world prepare to enter crisis mode if far left-wing candidate Alexis Tsipras wins and reneges on the country's bailout package, thus threatening euro zone solidarity, the Greek economy may slip into something resembling medieval Europe's Dark Ages.
- Death of Saudi Crown Prince Nayef Reopens Succession Question
June 16 2012 12:09 PM
Saudi Crown Prince Nayef (Naif) bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, heir-apparent to King Abdullah and a staunch enemy of al-Qaeda as head of Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry, died today at 78, according to the International Islamic News Agency. Nayef's death reopens the question of who will succeed King Abdullah.
- How To Watch 24 Hours Of Le Mans Online Live Stream: DeltaWing, Nissan, Corvette, Audi, And Toyota
June 16 2012 10:10 AM
It's perhaps the greatest automotive race of all time: 24 Heures du Mans (the 24 Hours of Le Mans) on the Circuit de la Sarthe outside of Le Mans, France -- here's how to watch it online. Also known as the Grand Prix of Endurance and Efficiency, the 24 Hours of Le Mans is the oldest race in motorsport and has been held annually since 1923.
- For Saab, Questions Linger: Electric Cars And A Chinese Government Connection?
June 15 2012 2:09 PM
Details of the fate of bankrupt Swedish carmaker Saab Automobile AB continue to emerge following the June 7 news that the company had been purchased by a Sino-Japanese joint venture National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB, or NEVS. NEVS plans to use Saab to produce electric cars, the consortium announced Friday.