- US Stock Futures Signal Higher Open
November 08 2012 4:02 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a higher open Thursday ahead of the Labor Department's weekly jobless claims data and the Bureau of Economic Analysis's trade deficit report.
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers
November 08 2012 12:09 AM
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers Wednesday were QUALCOMM Incorporated, Bloomin' Brands Inc, Himax Technologies Inc and InterMune Inc. The top after-market NASDAQ losers Wednesday were Universal Display Corporation, Monster Beverage Corporation, Nanosphere Inc, RealPage Inc and Concur Technologies Inc.
- South Korea’s M2 Money Supply Growth Slows Down In September
November 07 2012 11:57 PM
South Korea's M2 Money Supply grew at a slower rate in September than in the previous month, indicating that more monetary easing policies are necessary to increase the amount of currency in circulation, which in turn can result in reviving the country’s economic growth.
- Japan Core Machine Orders Decline 4.3% In September
November 07 2012 10:48 PM
Japan’s core machine orders fell in September compared to those in the previous month, showing that there is an urgent need to take additional measures to enhance the growth potential of the economy.
- Japan’s Adjusted Current Account Falls In September
November 07 2012 10:24 PM
Japan’s current account on a seasonal adjusted basis posted a deficit in September, indicating a continuing decline in the economic condition of the world's third largest economy.
- Obama’s Re-election Lifts US Stock Futures
November 07 2012 3:38 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a higher open Wednesday as investor sentiment was lifted following the re-election of Barack Obama as the President.
- Asian Markets Rise On Obama's Re-election
November 07 2012 2:47 AM
Most of the Asian markets gained Wednesday as investor sentiment rose following the re-election of Barack Obama as U.S. President.
- Top After-Market NASDAQ Movers (Amyris, Silicon Graphics International, Procera Networks, Tangoe, Plexus, LivePerson, EZCORP, Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Rubicon Technology)
November 07 2012 12:07 AM
The top after-market NASDAQ gainers Tuesday were Amyris Inc, Silicon Graphics International Corp, Procera Networks Inc and Tangoe Inc. The top after-market NASDAQ losers Tuesday were Plexus Corp, LivePerson Inc, EZCORP Inc, Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc and Rubicon Technology Inc.
- US Stock Futures Signal Flat Open As Presidential Election Looms
November 06 2012 4:08 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a flat open Tuesday as investors maintain a cautious mode ahead of the Presidential election.
- Japan’s Leading Economic Indicator Index Falls In September
November 06 2012 1:39 AM
Japan’s leading index, a composite index based on 12 economic indicators designed to predict the future direction of the economy, fell in September from the previous month, indicating a continuing decline in the country's economic condition.
- Asian Markets Fall Ahead Of US Presidential Elections
November 06 2012 12:30 AM
Most of the Asian markets fell Tuesday as investors remained cautious ahead of the U.S. Presidential elections.
- Philippines Inflation Rate Slows To 3.1% In October
November 05 2012 10:53 PM
The Philippines' rate of inflation continued to decrease in October from the previous month, indicating that the country’s inflationary pressures are well contained, providing room for further monetary easing policy measures required to boost economic growth.
- US Stock Futures Signal Slightly Higher Open
November 05 2012 4:15 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a slightly higher open Monday ahead of Tuesday’s Presidential election.
- Indonesia's GDP Meets Expectations, Grows 6.2% In Q3
November 05 2012 12:21 AM
Indonesia’s economy continued to grow as expected in the third quarter compared to the same period last year.
- China's Services Activity Grows At Moderate Pace In October: HSBC PMI
November 04 2012 11:28 PM
China's services activity continued to expand in October but growth was slower than that in the previous month, indicating that the economic growth momentum is on track.
- Weekly Roundup: Asian Stocks Rise
November 02 2012 11:54 PM
Asian markets rose in the week with investor sentiment turning positive following the encouraging economic indicators from the U.S.
- China’s Non-Manufacturing Activity Rises In October: Official PMI
November 02 2012 11:53 PM
China's non-manufacturing activity rose in October compared to that in the previous month, decreasing the concerns over the slowdown in the economic growth of the country.
- US Stock Futures Signal Flat Open
November 02 2012 4:31 AM
The U.S. stock index futures point to a flat open Friday, ahead of the Bureau of Labor Statistics' nonfarm payrolls report and unemployment report.
- BoJ Promises Continued Monetary Easing
November 02 2012 12:52 AM
The Bank of Japan has assured that it will continue to ease the monetary policy to help the country overcome deflation and return to a sustainable growth path.
- Japan’s Monetary Base Rises 10.8% In October
November 02 2012 12:39 AM
Japan's monetary base rose in October compared to that in the previous month, indicating that the monetary easing policies are leading to an increase in the amount of currency in circulation, which in turn results in reviving economic growth.