- Hurricane Sandy Live Blog, Day 10: 113 Dead; NJ Allows Email Voting; Cold Weather Arrives
November 04 2012 9:13 AM
The insurers are asked to ease the rules on documenting the damage so that the debris could be removed ahead of another storm.
- Governors Declare State Of Emergency Ahead Of 'Frankenstorm'
October 27 2012 10:22 AM
A state of emergency was declared in Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Washington, D.C., ahead of Hurricane Sandy.
- 'One Small Step For Man, One Small Step For Mankind' - Neil Armstrong, First Man To Walk On The Moon, Dead At 82
August 25 2012 3:41 PM
Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, has died at 82.
- SEC Shuts Down Zeekrewards.com and Zeekler.com After Declaring Company A Ponzi Scheme
August 17 2012 10:10 PM
Zeekrewards.com was shut down by the Securities and Exchange Commission after the regulating agency declared it a $600 million Ponzi scheme, according to reports.
- 7 US Soldiers Among 11 Dead In NATO Blackhawk Crash In Aghanistan
August 16 2012 9:40 AM
A Blackhawk military helicopter crashed in Southern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing 11 people, seven of them U.S. soldiers, according to the Associated Press.
- Cristina Fernández Nationalized Big Oil In Argentina; Is Gambling Next?
June 30 2012 2:20 PM
Reports indicate that Argentina's president is planning to nationalize gambling, one of the country's most treasured pastimes. It's unclear whether this step would be good or bad for the average gambler. But it holds nothing but trouble for Argentina's economy.
- Supreme Court Upholds Individual Mandate In Victory For 'Obamacare': Report
June 28 2012 10:23 AM
The Supreme Court has upheld the individual mandate, crucial to Obama's signature healthcare law overhaul, in a victory for the Obama administration.
- Egyptian Ex-President Mubarak Clinically Dead: Sources
June 19 2012 5:54 PM
Hosni Mubarak, who ruled Egypt for three decades until overthrown by a revolution in the Arab Spring last year, was declared clinically dead by his doctors on Tuesday, the state news agency MENA said in a report confirmed by a hospital source.
- MacBook Pro With Retina Display Delayed Due To High Demand
June 16 2012 4:11 PM
The MacBook Pro With Retina display will ship from Apple in three to four weeks, the Apple Store website says. This is a further delay from the two to three weeks Apple told customers they'd have to wait for the laptop as recently as a few days ago, technology website Vr-zone reported Friday.
- They're Back: George Allen Wins Virginia Republican Senate Primary, Faces Tim Kaine In November
June 13 2012 10:28 AM
Former Virginia Senator George Allen won the Virginia Republican Senate primary Tuesday night and will face former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine in a November contest to fill retiring Senator James Webb's (D-Va.) seat.
- Democrat Wins Election For Gabrielle Giffords? Former Arizona House Seat
June 13 2012 2:08 AM
Arizona Democrat Ron Barber was declared the winner in the nationally highlighted special election to fill Gabrielle Giffords' former seat in the House of Representatives, news reports said.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Miller Lite Gets A Taste For MonstrO Thursday Night
June 09 2012 3:59 PM
Opening night of Bonnaroo tends to be a little low key, as thousands are still pouring into the campgrounds from their long journey to the 700 acre Manchester, Tenn. farm. The Great Taste Lounge brewed by Miller Lite was anything but low-key on Thursday though, as Atlanta natives MonstrO took the stage.
- Bonnaroo 2012: The Kooks, Avett Brothers Rock Early Friday Sets
June 09 2012 3:51 PM
It was clear that Bonnaroo concertgoers were hurting a little bit on Friday afternoon.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Aziz Ansari Talks Marriage, Delights Crowd
June 09 2012 3:44 PM
Aziz Ansari wants to talk about marriage.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Radiohead Disappoints on Friday Night
June 09 2012 3:40 PM
I know that I'll be attacked and criticized for not bowing down and adoring Radiohead like many of the other Bonnaroo concertgoers, but their performance on Friday night simply didn't appeal to me.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Day 3 Preview
June 09 2012 3:30 PM
The third day of Bonnaroo has a little bit of everything for fans, including headliners like Dispatch and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, legends such as Alice Cooper, up and comers like Donald Childish Gambino Glover, and a major surprise waiting in Superjam.
- Poor, Desperate, And Black: Illegal African 'Intruders' Stoke Anti-Immigrant Attitudes In Israel
June 09 2012 1:26 PM
Israel received about 4,600 asylum applications from Africans last year, according to the U.S. State Department. About 3,700 were rejected, while only one was approved. The others are pending.
- Romney Wins Texas Republican Primary And Goes Legit
May 29 2012 11:19 PM
Based on the Associated Press' projected delegate count on Tuesday night, Mitt Romney won more than the 88 delegates he needed to remove the word presumptive from his description as this year's Republican presidential nominee.
- European Central Bank Reportedly Propping Up Greece With Secret ?100 Billion Emergency Aid
May 22 2012 7:23 PM
The European Central Bank (ECB) is propping up Greece with a secret infusion of ?100 billion ($126 billion) in emergency liquidity assistance (ELA) funds, the Financial Times reported Tuesday.
- From House Arrest to Freedom: Blind Chinese Activist Departs Beijing On Flight To US
May 19 2012 11:58 AM
Chinese blind legal activist Chen Guangcheng and his family were allowed to leave Beijing on a plane headed to the U.S. on Saturday, indicating a that a diplomatic impasse between the two countries may be over.