Articles by Brett Forman
- MacBook Pro With Retina Display Delayed Due To High Demand
June 16 2012 4:11 PM
The MacBook Pro With Retina display will ship from Apple in three to four weeks, the Apple Store website says. This is a further delay from the two to three weeks Apple told customers they'd have to wait for the laptop as recently as a few days ago, technology website Vr-zone reported Friday.
- They're Back: George Allen Wins Virginia Republican Senate Primary, Faces Tim Kaine In November
June 13 2012 10:28 AM
Former Virginia Senator George Allen won the Virginia Republican Senate primary Tuesday night and will face former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine in a November contest to fill retiring Senator James Webb's (D-Va.) seat.
- Democrat Wins Election For Gabrielle Giffords? Former Arizona House Seat
June 13 2012 2:08 AM
Arizona Democrat Ron Barber was declared the winner in the nationally highlighted special election to fill Gabrielle Giffords' former seat in the House of Representatives, news reports said.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Miller Lite Gets A Taste For MonstrO Thursday Night
June 09 2012 3:59 PM
Opening night of Bonnaroo tends to be a little low key, as thousands are still pouring into the campgrounds from their long journey to the 700 acre Manchester, Tenn. farm. The Great Taste Lounge brewed by Miller Lite was anything but low-key on Thursday though, as Atlanta natives MonstrO took the stage.
- Bonnaroo 2012: The Kooks, Avett Brothers Rock Early Friday Sets
June 09 2012 3:51 PM
It was clear that Bonnaroo concertgoers were hurting a little bit on Friday afternoon.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Aziz Ansari Talks Marriage, Delights Crowd
June 09 2012 3:44 PM
Aziz Ansari wants to talk about marriage.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Radiohead Disappoints on Friday Night
June 09 2012 3:40 PM
I know that I'll be attacked and criticized for not bowing down and adoring Radiohead like many of the other Bonnaroo concertgoers, but their performance on Friday night simply didn't appeal to me.
- Bonnaroo 2012: Day 3 Preview
June 09 2012 3:30 PM
The third day of Bonnaroo has a little bit of everything for fans, including headliners like Dispatch and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, legends such as Alice Cooper, up and comers like Donald Childish Gambino Glover, and a major surprise waiting in Superjam.
- Poor, Desperate, And Black: Illegal African 'Intruders' Stoke Anti-Immigrant Attitudes In Israel
June 09 2012 1:26 PM
Israel received about 4,600 asylum applications from Africans last year, according to the U.S. State Department. About 3,700 were rejected, while only one was approved. The others are pending.
- Romney Wins Texas Republican Primary And Goes Legit
May 29 2012 11:19 PM
Based on the Associated Press' projected delegate count on Tuesday night, Mitt Romney won more than the 88 delegates he needed to remove the word presumptive from his description as this year's Republican presidential nominee.
- European Central Bank Reportedly Propping Up Greece With Secret ?100 Billion Emergency Aid
May 22 2012 7:23 PM
The European Central Bank (ECB) is propping up Greece with a secret infusion of ?100 billion ($126 billion) in emergency liquidity assistance (ELA) funds, the Financial Times reported Tuesday.
- From House Arrest to Freedom: Blind Chinese Activist Departs Beijing On Flight To US
May 19 2012 11:58 AM
Chinese blind legal activist Chen Guangcheng and his family were allowed to leave Beijing on a plane headed to the U.S. on Saturday, indicating a that a diplomatic impasse between the two countries may be over.
- The End Of An Era: Republican Sen. Richard Lugar Defeated In Indiana Primary
May 09 2012 12:17 AM
Six-term Sen. Dick Lugar was defeated in Indiana's Republican primary Tuesday by Tea Party-backed State Treasurer Richard Mourdock, marking the end of an era for one of the Senate's longest serving members.
- Best Buy's Troubles: A Smaller Strategy For Saving The King Of The Big Box Store
May 05 2012 1:38 PM
Layoffs, store closures, massive loss of earnings, and the departure of its CEO -- nothing is going right with the world's largest consumer-electronics specialty retailer.
- Winning Mega Millions Tickets Purchased In Kansas, Illinois and Maryland: Lottery Officials
March 31 2012 11:24 AM
Winning Mega Millions tickets were purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland, the Associated Press reported. The ticket holders will split the $640 million jackpot, perhaps the largest such prize in history, a lottery official said. The winning numbers were 46, 23, 38, 4, 2 and Mega Ball 23.
- Syria Says Revolt Over, Army To Pull Out Gradually
March 31 2012 8:42 AM
Syria says the year-long revolt to topple President Bashar al-Assad is now over, but it will keep its forces in cities to maintain security until it is safe to withdraw in keeping with a U.N.-backed peace deal.
- Santorum Wins Alabama And Mississippi GOP Primaries, Sweeping Deep South
March 14 2012 12:57 AM
Rick Santorum has won the Alabama and Mississippi GOP presidential primaries, news outlets report.
- Mitt Romney Takes GOP Caucuses In Wyoming And 3 Territories
March 10 2012 8:29 PM
Mitt Romney won the Wyoming Republican presidential caucuses, news sources report. He also won caucuses in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Kucinich Beaten by Fellow Democratic Colleague in Ohio
March 07 2012 3:26 AM
The longtime Ohio congressman was defeated Tuesday by Marcy Kaptur, a fellow incumbent Democrat and liberal stalwart, in a contest forced by redistricting.
- Multiple Tornadoes Slam US Midsection, Four Dead in Indiana
March 02 2012 7:39 PM
A swarm of tornadoes tore through the U.S. midsection on Friday, splintering homes, damaging a prison, overturning trucks and killing at least four people in the hard-hit state of Indiana, officials said.