- Gluten-Free Beer Company New Planet Taps Into Rapidly Expanding Market
January 27 2012 4:15 PM
Pedro Gonzalez began to miss the simple foods within a couple years. In 2003, doctors diagnosed Gonzalez with celiac disease, a genetic autoimmune disease triggered by consumption of gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley and rye, according to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.
- The Big Lead on the USA Today Acquisition: A Q&A with TBL Editor in Chief Jason McIntyre
January 26 2012 8:20 PM
Take a look at The Big Lead's site and you'll see a list of the Top 15 online sports properties along the side. It's a measure of how far the once-fledgling site started in 2006 by former newspaper and magazine journalist Jason McIntyre has come in those five years. Now, Big Lead Sports by FSV ranks No. 6 in online sports properties, in front of the sports media group that just took over a majority stake in it -- USA Today. The Big Lead makes up the centerpiece for USA Today and Gannett...
- Barack Obama's Car is on eBay, and You Can Buy it for a Mere $1 Million
January 26 2012 6:34 PM
Lisa Czibor is positive her listing of the 2005 Chrysler 300C -- one that President Barack Obama reportedly once owned or leased and drove -- will sell for the hefty price of $1 million.
- Could Generation Y Lead Hybrid, Electric Vehicle Push?
January 26 2012 3:08 PM
A new survey conducted by Deloitte suggested Gen Y consumers, generally between the ages of 19 and 31, prefer hybrids or electric vehicles -- vehicles with some electrified elements.
- Nissan Pushes Growth in U.S. With Plans for $2 Billion Plant in Mexico
January 26 2012 2:11 PM
Nissan Motor Co. said Thursday that it will build a $2 billion plant in Mexico to manufacture small cars, most of which will be sold in the U.S.
- January New Auto Sales Steady: It's No Longer About 'Which Car Company is Going to Survive'
January 25 2012 6:02 PM
New car sales in January continued to rise at a steady pace, according to TrueCar.com, continuing the auto industry's slow but stable recovery.
- Chevy Volt Fire Investigation: House Hearing Gets Testy, but GM Defends Volt
January 25 2012 2:00 PM
Dan Akerson, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, began efforts to rebuild the image of the Chevrolet Volt in testimony delivered to a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing in Washington.
- Chevy Volt: Can GM Restore Electric Vehicle's Image After Fire Safety Investigation?
January 24 2012 5:10 PM
General Motors has effectively cleared one hurdle in its quest to market the Chevrolet Volt to the mass market. But the bigger hurdle is the one that has remained throughout the Volt's existence: Are Americans ready for an electric car?
- United Technologies Expects Increased Fourth-Quarter Earnings, Tempered 2012 Outlook
January 24 2012 11:12 AM
United Technologies Corp., manufacturer of jet engines, elevators, and products for the aerospace and building sectors, is expected to report another sizeable profit growth for the fourth straight quarter. But the company and analysts expect a step back in 2012.
- Chevy Volt Fire: NHTSA Closes Investigation, Says Electric Vehicles are Safe
January 21 2012 10:53 AM
The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration closed its investigation into fires in the Chevrolet Volt electric cars, concluding that Chevy Volts and other electric vehicles do not have an increased risk of fire compared to gas vehicles.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: Our Review, Top 5 Cars, Best in Show [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
January 20 2012 6:29 PM
The last public days of the 2012 North American International Auto Show are winding down in Detroit. Here's a look back at the top cars at the show:
- General Electric Earnings Report Expected to Show More Growth in 4Q
January 19 2012 3:12 PM
General Electric, the U.S.'s largest industrial manufacturer, is expected to report a 22.3 percent fourth-quarter profit increase when it announces its earnings Friday, driven by strong equipment order and pricing trends and growth in the aviation and energy infrastructure sectors. It marks the seventh straight quarter of operating earnings growth.
- GM Again World's Top Automaker, Beats Volkswagen, Toyota
January 19 2012 12:13 PM
General Motors has once again grabbed the largest share of global sales and become the world's largest automaker, moving past sales of Toyota and Volkswagen in 2011.
- Hyundai Tops J.D. Power Retention Ranks by Building Brand Loyalty Over Past Decade
January 17 2012 6:43 PM
Hyundai said Tuesday that it was proud to rank highest among automotive brands in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Consumer Retention Study, attributing the honor to an expanding model lineup and better perceptions of Hyundai's quality and appeal across the board in recent years.
- Electric and Futuristic Cars at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show [PHOTOS & VIDEOS]
January 17 2012 4:34 PM
DETROIT -- Three years ago at the North American International Auto Show, Nissan North America vice president Al Castignetti watched as most companies dismissed perhaps Nissan's biggest risk -- its electric concept vehicle, the Nissan Leaf.
- Average Age of U.S. Vehicles Reaches Record High: Have Clunkers Hit Their Peak?
January 17 2012 3:41 PM
The average age of U.S. vehicles rose to a record high in 2011, but an automotive analysis firm expects that to decline in the coming years as new sales climb and consumers gain confidence in a recovering economy.
- Acura NSX: Here's Honda's 'Supercar' from the 2012 Detroit Auto Show [PHOTOS]
January 16 2012 7:11 PM
Acura made noise last week at the Detroit Auto Show, as Honda unveiled the return of the NSX and boldly dubbed it the return of the supercar. And that certainly caught the most eyes on the first day of the press preview at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.
- S&P Downgrades: France, Austria Moved From AAA Rating; Germany Emerges With Solid Outlook
January 13 2012 6:30 PM
Standard & Poor's downgraded the credit ratings of nine Eurozone governments on Friday, an unprecedented relegation that included France and Austria but spared Germany.
- Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid at Detroit Auto Show 2012: Take a Look [PHOTOS]
January 13 2012 5:59 PM
Volkswagen introduced a hybrid version of the Jetta this week at the 2012 North American Auto Show in Detroit, a vehicle the company said will be one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the market.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: A Revitalized Detroit Leads to a Revitalized Auto Show
January 13 2012 1:59 PM
DETROIT -- As Marc Harlow walked around Detroit's Cobo Center during the first day of the 2012 North American International Auto Show, he saw a different scene from recent years. To Harlow, one of the members of the show's public relations team, the buzz of the Detroit Auto Show had returned amid a brightening global outlook on the automotive industry.