Articles by Brett LoGiurato
- Via Motors Markets Electric Vehicle Transformation to Fleets from Companies, U.S. Government at Detroit Auto Show
January 13 2012 8:34 AM
DETROIT -- Five years ago, Bob Lutz stood in front of a curious crowd at the North American International Auto Show and introduced a radical concept car to the world. Lutz, then the vice chairman of product development for General Motors, revealed the first electric plug-in concept car from a major automaker: the Chevrolet Volt. He still calls it the most important car the company has ever made.
- 2012 Detroit Auto Show: Best in Show, Other Awards [PHOTOS]
January 12 2012 1:26 PM
The media days at the 2012 North American International Auto Show are over, and it's time to recap what we've seen over the past few days.
- Bob Lutz at the Detroit Auto Show 2012: The Auto Industry Titan on the Electric Vehicle, the U.S. Auto Industry and More
January 11 2012 11:07 AM
The International Business Times spoke with Bob Lutz on Tuesday about Via Motors' plans, the state of the U.S. auto industry and more.
- How Nissan Avoided the Pitfalls of Honda and Toyota, Kept Momentum in 2011
January 10 2012 6:34 PM
DETROIT -- Soon after the earthquake and tsunami pummeled Japan last March, Nissan sent executives to their suppliers in Japan. They reported what parts had not been affected in what quantities.
- Nissan Pathfinder 2013 at Detroit Auto Show 2012: Q & A with Alfonso Albaisa, Head Designer [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
January 10 2012 3:25 PM
The International Business Times spoke with head designer Alfonso Albaisi, who led the design team for the all-new 2013 Pathfinder and is the Vice President of Nissan Design America.
- Honda Accord at Detroit Auto Show: Take a Look at the New Coupe [PHOTOS]
January 10 2012 11:39 AM
DETROIT -- John Mendel is looking for a big difference in his top-selling model. Due to a variety of factors and circumstances in 2011, Mendel -- Honda's executive vice president of North America -- saw sales of Honda Accord plunge while competitors grew in sales and market share.
- Toyota NS4 Concept: A Look at the 'Sleek, Futuristic' Plug-In Hybrid
January 10 2012 11:07 AM
DETROIT -- Toyota introduced a plug-in hybrid concept vehicle Tuesday here in Detroit at the 2012 North American Auto Show called the NS4, separating it from the Prius family of vehicles and showcasing a new design the company plans to carry into the near future.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: Big Three, U.S. Momentum on Display with Big Introductions
January 09 2012 6:43 PM
DETROIT -- As the music blared and the Dodge Dart rolled out to its debut, the stage shook underneath Dodge CEO Reid Bigland's feet before he stepped off.
- Lexus LF-LC Photos: New Hybrid Sport Coupe at Detroit Auto Show
January 09 2012 4:46 PM
DETROIT -- After releasing teaser photos leading up to the 2012 North American Auto Show, Lexus unveiled its highly anticipated LF-LC concept car to a bevy of onlookers Monday here in Detroit.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: The Best New Cars from America's Big Three Revitalization [PHOTOS]
January 09 2012 2:39 PM
Showcasing the best pictures from Day 1 of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Chevy Code 130R at Detroit Auto Show: GM Looks to Attract Young Buyers With Two Sleek Concepts [PHOTO]
January 09 2012 2:02 PM
DETROIT -- When Joe Baker was doing research for the new concept car he was designing for Chevrolet, one piece of information stood out. Baker, who designed the Code 130R concept, looked most at United States Census data that said 80 million American consumers are approaching the age of 30.
- Dodge Dart 2013 at Detroit Auto Show: After Going 'Through Hell,' Dodge Returns to Compact Market [PHOTO]
January 09 2012 12:52 PM
DETROIT -- For all of Chrysler's reinvigoration in a rebound 2011, Dodge brand CEO Reid Bigland noticed one glaring omission. Enter the Dodge Dart.
- Ford Fusion 2013 at Detroit Auto Show: Ford Looks to Take Over Midsize Market
January 09 2012 11:45 AM
DETROIT -- Ford chose a fitting venue to make the 2013 version of its midsize Fusion here at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: Top 5 Cars to Watch For [PHOTOS]
January 06 2012 6:52 PM
A preview of some of the most buzzed-about cars heading into the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Chevy Volt Crash Fires: GM Announces Modifications to Fix Issues
January 06 2012 1:27 PM
General Motors said on Thursday that it has enhanced the vehicle structure and battery coolant system in its maligned battery-powered Chevrolet Volt, in an attempt to prevent the battery from catching on fire days or weeks after a serious crash.
- Iranians Abandon Sinking Rial for Gold as Sanctions Bite
January 06 2012 11:41 AM
As the Iranian rial hits all-time lows against the United States dollar in the wake of imposed international sanctions, Iranians seek safer havens in more global currencies like gold, according to a leading economist at the National Commercial Bank in Saudi Arabia.
- December, Holiday Retail Sales: Macy's Among Strong Performers; Mild Weather Hurts Retailers
January 05 2012 7:06 PM
Retailers posted strong sales numbers in December, but at-times extreme discounts tapered good feelings, profits and earnings outlooks for the full year.
- Detroit Auto Show 2012: Craftsman to Introduce -- a Tractor?
January 05 2012 5:07 PM
Before next week, Craftsman's largest unveiling of a new tractor wasn't very large in scope at all. It certainly wasn't a tractor show with more than 40 introductions. It certainly wasn't an auto show of the same magnitude. It wasn't even open to the public.
- Fiat Increases Chrysler Stake, Plans Fuel-Efficient Dodge Dart
January 05 2012 12:03 PM
Italian automaker Fiat increased its majority stake in Chrysler on Thursday to 58.5 percent from 53.5 percent, reaching the goal set by the United States government after it bailed out and restructured the American automaker under bankruptcy protection in 2009.
- GM, Ford, Chrysler Report Strong December Sales: Momentum Built for 2012
January 04 2012 6:48 PM
The United States auto industry put a cap on its best year since crumbling to unforeseen depths in 2008, as the Big Three auto companies all reported strong December sales that met or exceeded analyst estimates.