- Chevy Sonic RS: A Look at GM's New Sporty Subcompact [PHOTOS]
December 19 2011 1:15 PM
General Motors announced Monday that it will unveil a new 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS next month, hoping to attract a new, younger generation of drivers to what the company calls a youthful style and driving experience.
- North American Truck of the Year Award: Which Will Win? [PHOTOS]
December 16 2011 11:38 PM
The first thing that jumps out about the three finalists for the North American Truck of the Year Award is that they don't quite fall into the conventional definition of truck.
- North American Car of the Year Finalists: Which One Will Come Out on Top? [PHOTOS]
December 16 2011 8:11 PM
Seventeen North American Car of the Year finalists entered. Three remain.
- Former 'Car Czar' Steven Rattner Calls 2009 Bailout a Success, Laments Not Pushing for More Cuts
December 16 2011 12:31 PM
Steven Rattner, the former head of the United States auto task force and dubbed President Barack Obama's car czar, called the auto industry's 2009 bailout an unambiguous success Thursday. But he acknowledged that taxpayers, footing the $82 billion bill to bail out Chrysler, General Motors and Ally Financial, will lose about $14 billion of their investment.
- Nissan to Unveil Electric Van, New Pathfinder Concepts at Detroit Auto Show
December 15 2011 6:52 PM
Nissan said Thursday it will unveil two concept vehicles -- an electric van and a new Nissan Pathfinder -- next month in Detroit at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.
- Cadillac's New Turbo, Four-Cylinder Engine to Debut in All-New ATS Sedan
December 15 2011 5:33 PM
General Motors said Thursday that a new high-performance turbocharged, four-cylinder engine that will debut in Cadillac's new 2013 ATS compact luxury sedan. GM will unveil the ATS sedan at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.
- Buick Encore 2013 Teaser Photo Released: See the Preview of GM's New Crossover
December 15 2011 1:10 PM
General Motors confirmed the addition of a 2013 Buick Encore on Thursday morning, a brand-new crossover addition to the Buick lineup.
- Ford Fusion 2013 App: You Can Virtually Test-Drive This Hybrid Before Its Unveiling [VIDEO]
December 14 2011 7:20 PM
Ford is using a smartphone and tablet app to draw interest to its new Ford Fusion that it will unveil in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Ford Focus Electric: Will You Buy This 100 MPGe Electric Car for $40,000? [PHOTOS]
December 14 2011 5:06 PM
Ford will begin production of the 2012 Focus Electric, the first five-passenger electric car to average more than 100 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) on the fuel efficiency scale.
- Acura to Introduce New 'Avengers' Concept Car at Detroit Auto Show
December 13 2011 7:25 PM
Acura said Monday it would unveil three brand new vehicles at next month's North American International Auto Show in Detroit, an aggressive push for a brand looking to climb in the luxury-vehicle market.
- Dodge Dart 2013: An Inside Peek at Chrysler's New Compact Car [PHOTOS]
December 13 2011 5:23 PM
Chrysler released an interior preview Tuesday of its 2013 Dodge Dart, the car the company hopes will help reinvigorate its standing in the compact-car market.
- Diamond Foods' Walnut Investigation Delays Earnings Filing
December 13 2011 12:11 PM
Diamond Foods said Tuesday that it would miss its fiscal first-quarter filing deadline because of an ongoing investigation by its own audit committee into how the company accounted for payments to walnut growers.
- Lexus to Unveil New Concept Car at North American International Auto Show
December 12 2011 7:40 PM
Lexus announced Monday that it will introduce a new concept vehicle at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this January.
- U.S. Auto Sales Jumped 7 Percent in November: Report
December 12 2011 6:40 PM
Chrysler and Hyundai led the way for strong automotive sales in the United States in October, as sales continue to rebound from recession slumps, according to analysis from the Great American Group released Monday.
- Amazon Price Check App Comes Under Fire from Congress, Retailers
December 09 2011 7:03 PM
The Amazon Price Check app seems simple enough. Shoppers use the app, introduced earlier in 2011, to compare the retail giant's prices with other retailers. They scan a barcode, snap a picture, say the product name or type the search.
- Coca-Cola Moves Secret Formula For First Time in 125 Years
December 09 2011 4:59 PM
The secret is out, Coca-Cola says in the first sentence of a release Thursday about its 125-year-old formula used to make its Coca-Cola Classic soda.
- Wal-Mart Investigating if its Overseas Workers Violated Corrupt Practices Act
December 09 2011 3:10 PM
Wal-Mart began an internal investigation within the last seven months to determine whether some overseas incidents violated U.S. federal law.
- DuPont Cuts Profit Outlook on Weak Electronics Demand, Housing and Construction Markets
December 09 2011 1:03 PM
The largest United States chemical maker DuPont lowered its full-year profit outlook on Friday, a troubling sign for the rest of the chemical market. The company cited slower growth in certain segments because of an unstable global economy as the reasons for the shift.
- McDonald's Pork Supplier Smithfield Farms Reaffirms Commitment to Phase Out Gestation Crates
December 08 2011 6:55 PM
Smithfield Foods, the McDonald's McRib pork supplier that has come under fire from The Humane Society of the United States, said Thursday its progress toward conversion from gestation crates for its pigs was on track to be completed by 2017.
- Costco Profit, Sales Rise on Higher Gas Prices, Currency Gains, Jump in Membership Fees
December 08 2011 5:36 PM
Costco Wholesale saw first-quarter profits jump 2.6 percent and revenue rise 13 percent in its fiscal first quarter of 2012, the company announced Thursday.