Articles by Carey Vanderborg
- IRS Has $917M In Tax Refunds For People Who Haven't Filed Since 2009
March 18 2013 10:50 AM
Refunds of more than $917 million may await an estimated 984,400 taxpayers. Find out if you're one of them.
- Volkswagen Recalls Cars In China
March 18 2013 9:24 AM
Volkswagen AG, Europe’s largest automaker, plans to recall vehicles in China after drawing scrutiny over defective gearbox systems.
- Toyota Recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers
March 15 2013 3:36 PM
2007 through 2013 model year FJ cruisers were recalled due to faulty seatbelt retractors.
- Taco Bell - New Menu Item, 15,000 More Jobs
March 15 2013 10:59 AM
Taco Bell’s wildly popular Doritos Locos taco helped the fast-food chain company create 15,000 jobs this year.
- Boeing's Better Battery Idea For The 787 Model
March 15 2013 9:45 AM
Boeing said its proposed battery fix will eliminate the risk of fire.
- Diamond Pet Food Recalls Products In 25 States
March 14 2013 2:50 PM
Diamond Pet Foods is voluntarily recalling several products due to low levels of thiamine.
- How To Cash In On The Samsung Galaxy S4 Via The NYSE
March 14 2013 12:51 PM
iShares, Samsung and everything you need to know about cashing in on the Galaxy S4 release.
- Back To The Dealership: Honda Recalls 250K Vehicles For Brake Problem
March 14 2013 10:05 AM
Honda is recalling nearly 250,000 vehicles worldwide for brakes that can suddenly kick in even when the driver isn't braking.
- GM To End Partnership With Chevrolet Ad Agency
March 13 2013 3:09 PM
General Motors has reportedly decided to change who is handling its Chevy ads, one of advertising's biggest accounts.
- Audi Determined To Become No. 1 In 2013
March 13 2013 10:51 AM
The race is officially on between luxury automakers Audi and BMW.
- The Best Used Cars For All Budgets [PHOTOS]
March 12 2013 3:10 PM
Consumer Reports has compiled a Best & Worst Used Cars list for model years 2003 through 2012.
- Forecast: US Retail Sales Probably Rose 0.2% In February
March 12 2013 10:01 AM
The Commerce Department's February retail sales report will show a 0.2 percent rise over January's level, analysts say.
- Bloomberg Calls Starbucks 'Ridiculous' For Not Conforming To Soda Ban Law
March 11 2013 3:42 PM
Bloomberg told television show Face The Nation that Starbucks not changing its offerings is "ridiculous."
- Junk Food Junkies - Hostess Creditor, Private Equity Eye Twinkies Brand
March 11 2013 10:29 AM
Both firms are rumored to be interested in buying some of the troubled snack cake brands, including Twinkies.
- India Car Sales Slide 26% - Biggest Drop In 12 years
March 11 2013 9:20 AM
Car sales in India's passenger market plunged nearly 26 percent last month on an annual basis, its worst performance in 12 years.
- Hooters Looks To Attract Female Customers
March 08 2013 12:00 PM
Hooters' overhaul would make each restaurant more than just a man cave, as salads, remodeling and a series of ads are rolled out.
- Pandora Shares Soar 20% As CEO Joe Kennedy Resigns
March 08 2013 9:44 AM
Pandora's stock soared after the company surprised Wall Street investors on Thursday with better-than-expected quarterly sales and an announcement that its CEO will be stepping down.
- Subaru Recalling Almost 50,000 'Zombie' Cars
March 07 2013 10:41 PM
The Japanese automaker Subaru is recalling nearly 50,000 "zombie" vehicles because they run the risk of starting themselves, without human intervention.
- Google Not Liable In Beverly Stayart Lawsuit
March 07 2013 10:44 AM
A Wisconsin woman trying to protect her "wholesome" image failed to persuade a federal appeals court to hold Google Inc. liable because searches for her name could lead people to advertisements for drugs to treat sexual dysfunction.
- Imported Oil Pushes Up US Trade Deficit
March 07 2013 9:58 AM
The trade deficit in the U.S. widened more than forecast in January as demand for imported crude oil rebounded.