Articles by Carey Vanderborg
- Cartoon Network Named In Lawsuit Filed By Ad Agency
May 23 2013 11:29 AM
A North Dakota advertising agency is suing the creators of a Cartoon Network show, alleging they copied a state marketing campaign.
- Lowe's - How Did The Prolonged Winter Affect Q1's Earnings?
May 23 2013 11:20 AM
Lowe's lower-than-expected Q1 earnings and revenue linked to cool and wet weather.
- Poultry Company Recalls 6,165 Pounds Of Product
May 22 2013 11:44 AM
Foster Farms is recalling about 6,165 pounds of its grilled chicken breast strips because they contain wheat and soy.
- Another Ray Of Light - Ford To Increase 2013 North America Capacity
May 22 2013 10:25 AM
The company built 2.8 million vehicles in the region last year, when it operated near full capacity.
- Man Fined For Violating NYC Illegal Hotel Law Via Airbnb
May 22 2013 5:50 AM
Airbnb is not illegal in New York City!
- For McDonald's Fast-Food Menu, Less Means More
May 21 2013 12:17 PM
McDonald's is reportedly scaling back its core menu.
- 'Gone In 60 Seconds' Mustang Sold For $1M
May 21 2013 9:36 AM
The famous 1967 Ford Mustang that was used in the 2000 feature film “Gone In 60 Seconds,” starring Nicolas Cage, has sold at auction for $1 million.
- Seamless, GrubHub In Online Food Delivery Service Merger
May 20 2013 12:38 PM
While a new name has yet to be decided, the combined company will expand delivery service to more than 500 cities in the U.S. and U.K.
- More Suicides at Foxconn, Labor Group Says
May 20 2013 9:59 AM
The alleged suicides, which involved a 30-year-old married man, a 23-year-old woman and 24-year-old man, follow a wave of previous suicides.
- Campbell's Soup - How Steaming Hot Was Its Q3 Earnings Report?
May 20 2013 8:39 AM
Campbell's Soup Co. reported increased earnings in the quarter, boosted by ready-made soup sales.
- Great Recession To Lurk In Shadows For Generation X
May 17 2013 11:31 AM
The Great Recession hurt a lot of people, and this loss of wealth will follow millions into retirement, according to a recently released report.
- Dubai Police Cop $1.4 Million Bugatti Veyron
May 17 2013 8:41 AM
Don't be distracted or take pictures of it while driving, Dubai police are warning motorists about the department's flashy new squad supercar.
- Fitch Ratings Upgrades Greece's Top Banks
May 16 2013 1:49 PM
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Greece's top banks' long-term issuer default ratings.
- RelayRides To 'Cease And Desist' In New York
May 16 2013 11:49 AM
New York State's Financial Services Department ordered the car-sharing service RelayRides to cease and desist its repeated false advertising and violations of insurance law, which are putting the public at risk.
- Look Who's Back! Spill-Tainted Former BP CEO Gets Hired
May 16 2013 9:01 AM
Mining and commodities trading giant Glencore Xstrata appointed former BP chief executive Tony Hayward as interim chairman.
- Most Expensive Cognac In The World To Be Sold For $156,760
May 15 2013 7:24 AM
Financial District Wine and Liquor has the only bottle in the United States of the most expensive Cognac in the world.
- Taco Bell Waffle Taco Gets Foodie Nation Rumor Mill Churning
May 14 2013 12:38 PM
Taco Bell is trying out a new breakfast waffle taco with scrambled eggs, sausage and syrup.
- Skechers Will Pay $40M To Settle Toning Shoes Lawsuit
May 14 2013 11:30 AM
Skechers settled charges over its unfounded claims that its shoes help people lose weight and tone muscles.
- RelayRides Acquires Competitor Wheelz
May 14 2013 9:05 AM
Peer-to-peer car-sharing service RelayRides announced on Tuesday the acquisition of competitor Wheelz.
- H&M Commits To Fire and Building Safety Agreement In Bangladesh
May 13 2013 11:30 AM
The move is a clear indicator that multinational retail clothing companies like H&M are taking the appropriate steps toward improving fire and building safety.