Articles by Carey Vanderborg
- Upside to Bird Flu? Cheaper McNuggets in Shanghai
April 08 2013 9:07 AM
McDonald’s restaurants in Shanghai slashed chicken McNugget prices amid rising bird flu concerns.
- Fisker Automotive Lays Off Majority Of Employees
April 05 2013 2:07 PM
Fisker has dismissed all but a core group of about 40 workers as it continues talks with three Chinese businesses considering buying or investing in its plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Will Original Recipe Boneless Chicken Be Salvation For KFC?
April 05 2013 12:40 PM
KFC will announce plans to roll out Original Recipe Boneless – a chicken platform that may be the brand's most important step since its founding.
- Airbus Claims No. 1 Spot Over Boeing In 1Q Orders
April 05 2013 10:11 AM
Airbus recaptured the aircraft industry's top spot as U.S. rival Boeing fell behind on orders and grounded its flagship fleet of Dreamliners.
- Samsung To Open Shops In Best Buy
April 04 2013 3:19 PM
Dubbed "The Samsung Experience Shop," consumers will be able to experience Samsung’s full range of mobile products.
- Lululemon Exec Out In See-Through Yoga Pants Fiasco
April 04 2013 12:07 PM
Lululemon says its chief product officer is leaving as the company updated the production problems it has had that rendered some of its pants see-through.
- Sluggish Economic Growth, But Not In Luxury Sector
April 04 2013 10:26 AM
Luxury spending in China will most likely not be affected despite poor economic growth predictions.
- SEC OKs Fair Disclosure And Social Media
April 02 2013 4:28 PM
Corporations and their executives can now use social media like Facebook and Twitter to spread company information.
- Bank Of America Is No. 1 -- In Customer Complaints
April 02 2013 2:13 PM
The database, unveiled Thursday, shows Bank of America easily trumping Wells Fargo, which had more than 12,000 complaints against it.
- Amazon Hires A Microsoft Developer - Smartphone Ahead?
April 02 2013 11:49 AM
Amazon hired a Microsoft veteran, fueling speculation the online retailer and Kindle maker will develop a smartphone.
- Pentagon May Outsource Supply Of Explosives Due To US Shortage
April 02 2013 10:17 AM
A lack of U.S. suppliers of some raw materials used in munitions may force the U.S. Department of Defense to go shopping overseas.
- Toys R Us Says No To IPO
April 01 2013 2:05 PM
Toys R Us Inc. withdrew its proposed initial public offering after weak results at the end of last year: Fourth-quarter income plunged 30%.