- World Cup protesters aimed to sabotage the biggest sporting event on the globe. Repression and negotiation changed that plan.
- It's all about whether citizens of the world's greatest soccer nation see Argentina primarily as a neighbor or a rival.
- The mood of Brazil was more glum than angry following Tuesday's World Cup loss to Germany.
- In the crowded bars around the FanFest, Brazilians sat -- some with faces blank with disbelief, others with their heads in their hands.
- Brazil's "team" of street vendors sees the World Cup as a chance to beat legal obstacles to long-term legitimacy.
- From culinary snobbery to corrupt construction contracts, Brazilians have plenty to be bothered about concerning the World Cup.