- Protesters Fizzled Out ... Like Brazil’s National Team
July 14 2014 2:10 PM
World Cup protesters aimed to sabotage the biggest sporting event on the globe. Repression and negotiation changed that plan.
- Here's Who Brazilians Support In Germany-Argentina Final
July 12 2014 8:56 AM
It's all about whether citizens of the world's greatest soccer nation see Argentina primarily as a neighbor or a rival.
- After World Cup Loss, Brazilians Cry In Their Beer, Burn A Few Buses
July 09 2014 3:50 PM
The mood of Brazil was more glum than angry following Tuesday's World Cup loss to Germany.
- 'Now I Feel Betrayed': Brazilians React To Devastating World Cup Loss
July 08 2014 5:50 PM
In the crowded bars around the FanFest, Brazilians sat -- some with faces blank with disbelief, others with their heads in their hands.
- Outside The Games, Street Vendors Take On Brazil's Cops
June 24 2014 12:54 PM
Brazil's "team" of street vendors sees the World Cup as a chance to beat legal obstacles to long-term legitimacy.
- World Cup Protests Erupt Again In São Paulo
June 20 2014 3:55 PM
Groups with varying agendas protested on the streets of São Paulo, and some of the demonstrations turned violent.
- US World Cup Fans Get What They Came For
June 17 2014 8:21 PM
U.S. soccer fans enjoyed victory and celebrity at a public viewing of the U.S.-Ghana World Cup match in Sao Paulo on Monday.
- In Brazil, World Cup And Corruption Talk Spurs Protest
May 19 2014 5:23 PM
From culinary snobbery to corrupt construction contracts, Brazilians have plenty to be bothered about concerning the World Cup.