Articles by Charles Poladian
- Watch The Peak Of The Geminid Meteor Shower Here
December 13 2013 9:05 AM
The Geminids is set to peak on Dec. 13 and there will be two live streams available, the first beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST, 2:30 p.m. PST.
- 'Doctor Who' 'The Time Of The Doctor' Spoilers: Christmas Special Trailer Reveals Plenty Of Monsters [VIDEO, PHOTOS]
December 12 2013 12:45 PM
Doctor Who -- "The Time Of The Doctor" -- will mark the end of Matt Smith's run as the Doctor and the beginning for Peter Capaldi.
- 'Downton Abbey' Q&A And Screening In New York
December 11 2013 4:22 PM
The cast and producers of "Downton Abbey" were in New York to discuss the fourth season of the hit show.
- NASA Details ISON's Fatal Encounter With The Sun
December 11 2013 3:14 PM
NASA presented its finding on Comet ISON's doomed trip around the sun at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting.
- Meteor Explodes Over Arizona Caught On Camera
December 11 2013 12:14 PM
A meteor exploded over Arizona on Tuesday and the event was captured on video.
- Mandela Ceremony Service Sign Language Interpreter Is A ‘Fake’
December 11 2013 9:22 AM
The Deaf Federation of South Africa claims the sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was a "fake."
- Mars One Announces Unmanned Mission To Mars For 2018
December 10 2013 3:55 PM
Mars One has announced an unmanned mission to Mars for 2018.
- Comet-Hunting Rosetta Satellite Sets Date To Land On A Comet
December 10 2013 12:16 PM
ESA's Rosetta Satellite will attempt to become the first spacecraft to land on a comet on Nov. 11, 2014.
- Winter Storm Dion Brings Snow And Ice To The Northeast
December 10 2013 10:01 AM
Winter Storm Dion refuses to go away and has brought another round of snow, ice and rain to the Northeast.
- NASA's IRIS Solar Observatory Captures Detailed Images Of Sun's Interface Region
December 09 2013 3:26 PM
NASA's IRIS has had plenty of success in its first six month, including detailed photos of the sun's interface region.
- Early Universe Is Less Dusty Than Previously Believed
December 09 2013 2:50 PM
New research indicates there is less dust in the early universe than had been believed, which could lead to changes in current theories on star formation.
- Scientists Discuss The Search For Life During US House Committee Hearing
December 09 2013 11:32 AM
Scientists discussed the search for life during a recent U.S. House Committee hearing entitled "Astrobiology: The Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond."
- 'Frozen' Knocks 'Catching Fire' From The Top Of The Box Office
December 08 2013 1:46 PM
'Frozen" is the new box office champion while "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" continues to be a huge hit overseas.
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Spoilers
December 08 2013 12:34 PM
'Doctor Who' has one more big event left for 2013, the Christmas special, "The Time of the Doctor," featuring the end of Matt Smith's run on the show.
- Winter Storm Dion To Bring Snow And Ice To The East Coast
December 08 2013 11:29 AM
Winter Storm Dion is making its way across the U.S. and the east coast is expected to receive a wintry mix of ice and snow.
- Where To Watch The VGX 2013 Live Stream
December 07 2013 3:10 PM
The rebranded Video Game Awards can be viewed by fans around the world beginning at 6 p.m. EST.
- Xbox One Backward Compatibility Prank Leads To Bricked System
December 07 2013 1:29 PM
Don't get stuck in a boot loop, warn gamers.
- Dangerous Weather Brings Snow, Sleet And Frigid Temperatures To Many States
December 07 2013 12:04 PM
Winter Storm Dion has brought frigid temperatures, snow, sleet and freezing rain to several states and is heading east.
- Successful Atlas V Rocket Launch Carries A Classified Payload
December 06 2013 11:44 AM
An Atlas V rocket launched from California Thursday is carrying a classified payload, suspected to be spy satellites.
- The Strange Science Of Quantum Entanglement And Wormholes
December 05 2013 11:53 AM
Researchers dig deep into the strange world of quantum mechanics and theoretical physics while discussing the link between quantum entanglement and wormholes.