Articles by Charles Poladian
- Japanese WWII Sub Found Off Coast Of Oahu
December 03 2013 1:32 PM
The Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory discovered the wreck of a historic 400-foot Japanese WWII submarine that had been headed for the Panama Canal.
- PS4: 2.1 Million Units Sold, And Climbing
December 03 2013 9:59 AM
Andrew House, group CEO at Sony, thanked the gamers who purchased the console and promised new features and updates in the future.
- Researchers Debunk Popular Theory On How Neutron Stars Heat Up
December 02 2013 3:59 PM
New research may rule out a popular theory on how neutron stars heat up.
- SpaceX SES-8 Launch Rescheduled After Three Delays
December 02 2013 1:22 PM
SpaceX has rescheduled its SES-8 satellite launch for a third time, moving the launch back to Dec. 3 after rocket anomalies were detected.
- Rare Baby Chasmosaurus Dinosaur Fossil To Be Used As A Teaching Tool
December 02 2013 11:43 AM
A baby Chasmosaurus fossil will be a highlight of the University of Alberta's "Dino 101" online course.
- Cyber Monday Deals From eBay, Gap, JC Penney, Staples, Toys 'R' Us And More
December 01 2013 5:56 PM
The Black Friday rush is over, but many stores have announced more deals.
- 'Catching Fire' And 'Frozen' Are Big Winners At The Box Office
December 01 2013 3:06 PM
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" faced stiff competition from "Frozen," but it topped the holiday box office.
- Black Friday Online Sales Reach $3 Billion
December 01 2013 1:13 PM
In the battle between "brick-and-click" and "online only," the former was the winner by a 3-to-1 ratio.
- Metro-North Train Derailment In New York: 4 Dead
December 01 2013 10:49 AM
The passenger train derailed near Bronx station Spuyten Duyvil. At least 67 people were injured.
- Cyber Monday Deals From Top Retailers
November 30 2013 5:35 PM
Cyber Monday promises plenty of deals without worrying about any lines. Here are some of the best deals from Amazon, Walmart, Target and Macy's.
- Dentist Sells Off Prime Comics Collection, Seeking A Cure
November 30 2013 2:54 PM
Steve Landman, a dentist from Illinois, was diagnosed with an auto immune disease that is limiting his ability to walk.
- Glasgow Helicopter Crash Death Toll Up To 8
November 30 2013 1:29 PM
The death toll for the police helicopter crash is up to eight with 32 injuries being reported by authorities.
- Hope For Comet's Survival After Disastrous Rendezvous With Sun
November 30 2013 11:48 AM
ISON may not be the object it once was, but new images give hope that some of the comet survives.
- ‘Nano-Camera’ Could Be Used In Everything From Medical Imaging To Video Games
November 27 2013 1:05 PM
MIT students have created a $500 nano-camera that creates 3D maps and can image translucent objects, including glass vases.
- Winter Storm Boreas Could Ground Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade Balloons
November 27 2013 1:00 PM
Winter Storm Boreas is wreaking havoc on holiday travelers and could affect the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC.
- What Are Oddsmakers Saying About A ‘Family Guy’ Return For Brian?
November 26 2013 3:24 PM
Brian Griffin is dead but oddsmakers have set up betting lines for his return on "Family Guy."
- Five Shocking TV Deaths In 2013
November 26 2013 11:09 AM
Brian Griffin's death on "Family Guy" was just one of several character deaths that had fans gasping in shock.
- SpaceX SES-8 Launch Live Stream
November 25 2013 4:02 PM
SpaceX is facing their biggest challenge yet with Monday's launch of the SES-8 satellite into geostationary transfer orbit. The live stream begins at 5 p.m. EST, 2 p.m. PST.
- The Physics Behind The Beer Tapping Prank
November 25 2013 3:02 PM
Researchers have explored the physics behind the beer tapping prank that leads to overflowing foam.
- A Solar Storm Collision Could Confront The ‘Comet Of The Century’
November 25 2013 11:35 AM
Comet ISON can't catch a break, as it could face a solar storm when it orbits the sun.