Articles by Charles Poladian
- NASA's Curiosity Discovers Water In Soil Samples
September 26 2013 3:00 PM
NASA Mars Rover Curiosity has discovered water in collected soil samples from the surface of Mars.
- 'Russia's Most Dangerous Drug' Comes To America
September 26 2013 9:30 AM
The first two cases involving Krokodil, a flesh-eating drug, in the United States were reported in Arizona.
- NASA Wants The Public's Help For The Asteroid Initiative
September 25 2013 4:03 PM
NASA is entering the workshop phase of its Asteroid Initiative and is encouraging the public to participate in the presentations beginning on Sept. 30.
- Cotton-Top Tamarins Whisper To Each Other When Threatened
September 25 2013 2:04 PM
Researchers discovered the first non-human primates, cotton-top tamarins, that whisper to each other.
- California Lets Minors Delete Online History
September 25 2013 11:31 AM
A new California law will give minors a clean slate as adults by letting them erase their embarrassing online history.
- New Photo Of The Cat's Paw Nebula Reveals Plenty Of Star Formation Activity
September 25 2013 10:00 AM
A new image of the Cat's Paw Nebula reveals plenty of star formation activity in the region.
- 'Young' Moon Loses 100 Million Years Off Its Age
September 23 2013 5:30 PM
Based on new calculations, researchers believe the moon is 100 million years younger than previously thought.
- Interview With NASA Astronaut Chris Cassidy
September 20 2013 10:57 AM
NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy just returned to Earth after spending five months aboard the International Space Station.
- NASA’s Curiosity Finds No Methane On Mars, A Setback For Life There
September 19 2013 3:55 PM
NASA's Curiosity spent months looking for methane in the atmosphere of Mars but did not find any, contrary to previously published reports.
- Biologists Say The Earth Will Be Habitable For At Least Another 1.75 Billion Years
September 19 2013 1:19 PM
Researchers predict the Earth will be habitable for another 1.75 billion years.
- Are Aliens Here? Scientist Claims Proof Of Extraterrestrial Life
September 19 2013 11:39 AM
A UK scientist claims to have found proof of alien life visiting Earth but there should be some skepticism over the sensational news.
- PlayStation 4 And Xbox One Dominate Tokyo Game Show 2013
September 19 2013 10:15 AM
The PS4 and Xbox One were the main attractions at the Tokyo Game Show even though both consoles won't be released until 2014 in Japan.
- DARPA Announces Experimental Spaceplane To Launch Satellites
September 18 2013 5:05 PM
DARPA has announced plans to develop a reusable spaceplane, the XS-1, to launch new satellites into orbit.
- Yahoo Japan Creates A Voice-Activated 3D Printer Attached To An Internet Search Engine
September 18 2013 3:40 PM
Yahoo Japan has created "Hands on Search," a voice-activated 3D printer attached to an Internet search engine.
- Brazilian Hackers Mistake NASA For NSA
September 18 2013 11:45 AM
Brazilian hackers accidentally attacked NASA, the space agency, instead of the NSA, the spy agency, last week.
- Microraptor Wind Tunnel Tests Provide New Insight In The Evolution Of Flight
September 18 2013 10:42 AM
Wind tunnel tests indicate the five-winged microraptor was capable of gliding over short distances and its feathers did not improve its flight capabilities.
- Astronomers Look At A Stellar Nursery Known As The Prawn Nebula
September 18 2013 6:43 AM
Astronomers captured the sharpest image of the Prawn Nebula, a stellar nursery that is about 6,000 light-years from Earth.
- NASA Captures Calm Skies Over Three Oceans
September 17 2013 3:46 PM
A satellite image, taken on Sept. 8, revealed relatively calm skies over the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans.
- High Tech Bike Sets New World Record
September 17 2013 2:42 PM
A high tech bike set a new world record as it achieved a speed of 133.78 kilometers per hour, 83.13 miles per hour.
- Reddit User Discovers Secret Message Hidden On 'GTA V' Map
September 17 2013 12:47 PM
Hundreds of comments have appeared on the Reddit thread, with users confirming the existence of hidden text on the new game's blueprint map.