Articles by Charles Poladian
- Rare Nintendo World Championship Cartridge Sells For Over $99K On EBay
January 26 2014 3:34 PM
It's not much to look at, but vintage status inspires big bidders; breaks previous record held by Legend of Zelda.
- Snowden's Latest Bombshell
January 26 2014 1:17 PM
The former NSA contractor on German TV made startling new claims about the scope of NSA spying.
- The Grammy Awards 2014 List Of Nominations
January 26 2014 11:05 AM
Jay Z is leading the field with nine nominations including for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album.
- NASA's Opportunity Rover Finds New Evidence Of Ancient Water On Mars
January 25 2014 4:58 PM
NASA's Opportunity rover has discovered new evidence of ancient water on Mars.
- Stephen Hawking Says Black Holes Are Not So Black After All, In New Paper
January 25 2014 1:47 PM
Famed astrophysicist weighs in on the "firewall paradox" debate.
- Watch NASA's TDRS-L Satellite Launch Here
January 23 2014 2:53 PM
NASA's new communications satellite, TDRS-L, will launch on Jan. 23 and the space agency's coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. EST.
- International Space Station Expedition 39 Crew Members Discuss Upcoming Mission [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
January 23 2014 1:30 PM
NASA astronaut Steve Swanson and Russian cosmonauts Alexander Skvortsov and Oleg Artemyev will arrive at the International Space Station in March.
- Astronomers Observe Supernova In Messier 82 Galaxy
January 22 2014 2:16 PM
Astronomers around the world observed a supernova in Messier 82, known as the Cigar Galaxy, and is the closest supernova since 1987.
- NASA Receives 58 Instrument Proposals For Mars 2020 Rover
January 22 2014 1:03 PM
NASA's call for instrument proposals that will be used on the Mars 2020 rover mission exceeded the space agency's expectations.
- Lagoon Nebula Is Teeming With Young Stars
January 22 2014 11:17 AM
The European Southern Observatory released a new image of the Lagoon Nebula that shows it to be a "perfect stellar nursery."
- 2013 Was The Fourth Warmest Year Since 1880
January 21 2014 4:18 PM
According to NOAA's global climate report, 2013 was the fourth-warmest year on record and continues a three decade long climate warming trend.
- Near-Earth Object Asteroid 2009 FD Not Likely To Hit Earth
January 21 2014 1:58 PM
One of the top five potential threats to Earth just got downgraded.
- New Gaia Observations Reveal The Milky Way Galaxy Formed ‘Inside-Out’
January 21 2014 11:13 AM
Researchers have discovered the Milky Way formed "inside-out," with the inner part of the galaxy forming faster than the outer region.
- Watch The 'Wake Up Rosetta' Live Stream Here
January 19 2014 4:52 PM
The "Wake Up Rosetta" live stream begins at 4:15 a.m. EST on Jan. 20.
- ‘Ride Along’ Cruises To Record-Breaking $41 Million At The Box Office
January 19 2014 1:17 PM
"Ride Along" was a big hit at the box office, earning $41.2 million in three days and is expected to earn $47.7 million over the holiday weekend.
- The Top 5 Nations With Cheapest Gas Prices
January 19 2014 11:35 AM
The average price per gallon of gas worldwide is $5.52 per gallon, but five countries pay less than $1 for gas.
- European Comet-Hunting Satellite Set For Historic Mission
January 18 2014 6:17 PM
The European Space Agency's Rosetta satellite will wake up on Monday.
- Mike Hindes Finds Lost Challenger Disaster Photos Found In Grandfather's Attic
January 18 2014 4:34 PM
Mike Hindes talked about finding the Challenger photos in his grandfather's attic with the International Business Times.
- Sudden Appearance Of A ‘Jelly Doughnut’ Martian Rock Baffles Researchers
January 18 2014 11:37 AM
The sudden appearance of a Martian rock in new images from the Opportunity rover has baffled researchers.
- First Ever Planets Found Orbiting Stars In A Star Cluster
January 15 2014 3:15 PM
Astronomers discovered three planets, the first ever, orbiting stars in Messier 67, a star cluster.