Articles by Charles Poladian
- 2013 Ig Nobel Prize Winners
September 14 2013 4:49 PM
The 2013 Ig Nobel prize award ceremony was held on Sept. 12, 2013 and honored some of the weirdest scientific studies ever published.
- Netflix Factors In Piracy When Purchasing A New Series
September 14 2013 1:51 PM
Netflix said a show's popularity on file-sharing sites is among the factors the company looks at prior to buying a new series.
- Planthoppers Use 'Mechanical Gears' To Jump
September 14 2013 11:29 AM
Researchers have discovered the first functional "mechanical gears" in nature, as juvenile planthoppers use cogs to coordinate jumps.
- Toyota 4Runner Preview
September 13 2013 2:20 PM
The 2014 Toyota 4Runner has been redesigned to offer the power and capability of its full-size-pickup sibling.
- Frog Photobombs NASA's LADEE Launch
September 13 2013 2:20 PM
Remote cameras captured an airborne frog during NASA's launch of LADEE.
- NASA'S Voyager 1 Spacecraft Has Left The Solar System
September 13 2013 10:40 AM
NASA's Voyager 1 has officially left the solar system, a historic milestone that is just the beginning for the spacecraft.
- World's Thinnest Glass Is Two Atoms Thick
September 12 2013 1:31 PM
The world's thinnest glass, as honored by the "Guinness World Records 2014 Edition," is two atoms thick.
- 2014 Toyota Tundra Preview
September 12 2013 12:57 PM
The redesigned 2014 Toyota Tundra adds more style but keeps the function and power of the popular full-size pickup truck.
- The Best 3D Map Of The Milky Way's Central Bulge
September 12 2013 7:18 AM
A 3D map of the central bulge provides a new look at the billions of stars located in the heart of our galaxy.
- Comet Ison Gets It Own Conspiracy Theory
September 11 2013 2:56 PM
The Comet Ison conspiracy theory suggests the "comet of the century" may actually be a UFO, but is there any truth to it?
- Lexus LF-NX Crossover Hybrid Concept May Be Perfect For City Life
September 10 2013 2:23 PM
Lexus revealed a new crossover hybrid concept, the LF-NX, at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday.
- The Tech Behind Arcade Fire's New Interactive Video
September 09 2013 2:18 PM
Arcade Fire introduced its new song "Reflektor" via an interactive video that users can manipulate on their computer, smartphone or tablet.
- More Than 200,000 Applied To Mars One
September 09 2013 12:24 PM
Mars One received more than 200,000 applications from candidates wanting to take part in the first mission to Mars.
- Jaguar Land Rover C-X17 Concept Live Stream
September 09 2013 10:47 AM
Jaguar Land Rover will reveal the C-X17 concept on Sept. 9 at 11 a.m. EDT from the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
- Sony Announces PlayStation Japan Release Date
September 09 2013 9:26 AM
Sony announced the PlayStation 4 will be released on Feb. 22, 2014, in Japan.
- Kim Dotcom Announces New Music Service
September 08 2013 5:25 PM
Kim Dotcom has revealed the first bit of information on his new music service which will be called Baboom.
- President Barack Obama's Grandparents Day 2013 Proclamation
September 08 2013 2:51 PM
National Grandparents Day falls on the first Sunday after Labor Day and became a United States holiday in 1978.
- NSA Can Access Smartphone Data: Report
September 08 2013 1:39 PM
Internal documents obtained by Der Spiegel reveal the capability of the NSA to access data from iOS, Android and Blackberry devices.
- Brown Dwarfs Blur The Line Between Star And Planet
September 08 2013 12:14 PM
Brown dwarfs defy easy classification as these objects are incredibly cool and blur the line between star and planet.
- Yahoo Releases First Transparency Report
September 07 2013 4:41 PM
Yahoo released its first transparency report, which details data requests made by governments from around the world.