Articles by Charles Poladian
- Alyssa Milano Sex Tape Leaks To Raise Awareness For Syria
September 04 2013 4:02 PM
Alyssa Milano's "sex tape" leaked but viewers may be disappointed about the video's content.
- Super-Earth GJ 1214 b May Have A Water-Rich Atmosphere
September 04 2013 2:38 PM
Super-Earth GJ 1214 b may have a water-rich atmosphere but may be too hot to sustain life.
- Afghan Woman Suspected Of Stealing $1.1 Million From Azizi Bank In Kabul
September 04 2013 11:33 AM
An international manhunt has been launched for Shokofa Salehi, a 22-year-old bank employee accused of stealing $1.1 million from Azizi Bank in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Lining Up: Bipolar Planetary Nebulae Are Aligned In The Same Way, Puzzling Astronomers
September 04 2013 9:00 AM
Bipolar planetary nebulae are mysteriously aligned in the central bulge of the Milky Way, a surprising discovery considering the diversity of these objects.
- Dark Energy Survey Probes Expansion Of Universe
September 03 2013 10:04 PM
The Dark Energy Survey will explore and map out a section of space in the hopes of answering questions about dark energy and the expansion of the universe.
- DC Comics Launches Villains Month
September 03 2013 3:39 PM
DC Comics' Villains Month will feature the bad guys taking over each "The New 52" title.
- Researchers Investigate New Ways To Deflect Asteroids From Hitting Earth
September 03 2013 1:05 PM
Researchers believe a large space probe could deflect an asteroid away from Earth thus avoiding a potential catastrophe.
- Ford Recalls 370,000 Vehicles For Steering Issue
September 03 2013 11:05 AM
Ford issued a voluntary recall of 370,000 cars due to a possible steering control loss that could result from severe corrosion.
- NASA Announces Funding For Six Innovative Advanced Technology Concepts
August 30 2013 3:35 PM
NASA has announced the funding of six advanced technology concepts that could alter the future of space exploration.
- Russia Announces S-500 Missile Defense System For 2018 Deployment
August 30 2013 2:58 PM
Russia has announced their most advanced missile defense system, the S-500, will be ready for deployment by January 2018.
- The Pirate Bay Opens The Survey Bay To The Public
August 30 2013 10:32 AM
The Survey Bay is open to the public and explores the massive user base of the Pirate Bay and the reasons behind file-sharing.
- Running With The Bulls Comes To America
August 29 2013 4:05 PM
The Great Bull Run held its first event on Aug. 24 and Americans can finally experience the thrill, and danger, of the running of the bulls.
- Mars Rover Curiosity Captures Solar Eclipse
August 29 2013 2:26 PM
NASA's Mars Rover Curiosity captured a solar eclipse as Phobos, the larger of Mars' two moons, passed in front of the sun on Aug. 17.
- Chinese Companies Offering Moon Insurance During The Mid-Autumn Festival
August 29 2013 11:51 AM
Two Chinese companies have partnered up to offer moon insurance during the Mid-Autumn Festival, insuring residents in 41 cities against bad weather that could obscure the full moon.
- Next-Gen Prius, Fuel Cell Car Coming In 2015: Toyota
August 29 2013 10:42 AM
The new Prius will be cheaper and more fuel-efficient than its predecessor thanks to a new powertrain system, the company says.
- HIP 102152 - The Oldest Twin Of The Sun
August 29 2013 8:49 AM
The oldest twin of our sun, approximately 4 billion years older but nearly identical, was found approximately 250 light-years from Earth.
- Artificial Eye Contact Software Lets Skype Users Look At One Another
August 27 2013 3:16 PM
New software can create artificial eye contact, eliminating that pesky problem of staring at the screen and not the camera.
- Three More Possibly Infected With Bubonic Plague In Kyrgyzstan
August 27 2013 3:12 PM
Health officials are reporting three more individuals may possibly be infected with bubonic plague in Kyrgyzstan following the death of Temirbek Isakunov on Aug. 22.
- Boy Infected With Brain Eating Amoeba To Donate Organs
August 27 2013 3:06 PM
The family of Zachary Reyna, the 12-year-old boy infected with a brain eating amoeba, announced plans to donate his organs on Facebook.
- Astronomers Capture New Image Of Stars Forming In Orion Nebula
August 26 2013 4:21 PM
The Orion Nebula is a perfect region of space for astronomers to gain new insights on star formation.