Articles by Charles Poladian
- Winter Storm Boreas Could Ground Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade Balloons
November 27 2013 1:00 PM
Winter Storm Boreas is wreaking havoc on holiday travelers and could affect the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC.
- What Are Oddsmakers Saying About A ‘Family Guy’ Return For Brian?
November 26 2013 3:24 PM
Brian Griffin is dead but oddsmakers have set up betting lines for his return on "Family Guy."
- Five Shocking TV Deaths In 2013
November 26 2013 11:09 AM
Brian Griffin's death on "Family Guy" was just one of several character deaths that had fans gasping in shock.
- SpaceX SES-8 Launch Live Stream
November 25 2013 4:02 PM
SpaceX is facing their biggest challenge yet with Monday's launch of the SES-8 satellite into geostationary transfer orbit. The live stream begins at 5 p.m. EST, 2 p.m. PST.
- The Physics Behind The Beer Tapping Prank
November 25 2013 3:02 PM
Researchers have explored the physics behind the beer tapping prank that leads to overflowing foam.
- A Solar Storm Collision Could Confront The ‘Comet Of The Century’
November 25 2013 11:35 AM
Comet ISON can't catch a break, as it could face a solar storm when it orbits the sun.
- The Best Black Friday Video Game Deals
November 24 2013 4:07 PM
That most-anticipated of all shopping days is almost here, and there are a lot of deals to sort through. Here are the best Black Friday video game deals we've found.
- 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Scores Biggest Nov. Opening Ever
November 24 2013 1:19 PM
The movie built upon the success of the first film, and the books' popularity, to break records on its debut weekend.
- Xbox One Broken Disc Drive, Long Installation Update
November 24 2013 12:21 PM
The Xbox One's "broken disc drive" problem may be more widespread than first believed, but there might be help for those experiencing long install times.
- Manny Pacquiao's Comeback Fight To Be Screened In Typhoon Haiyan-Ravaged Tacloban City
November 23 2013 1:26 PM
Manny Pacquiao's return to the ring will be screened in Tacloban City, which was hardest hit by Typhoon Haiyan.
- Microsoft Touts More Than 1 Million Xbox One Consoles Sold
November 23 2013 12:12 PM
Microsoft is claiming the Xbox One launch was the "biggest in Xbox history." But was it bigger than Sony's PS4 launch?
- 'Doctor Who' Google Doodle Celebrates The 11 Doctors
November 23 2013 10:56 AM
Google is getting in on the "Doctor Who" 50th Anniversary action with a new Doodle before "The Day of the Doctor" special airs.
- 'Doctor Who' Writer 'Enormously Proud' To Be Part Of 50-Year Series
November 22 2013 2:22 PM
'Doctor Who' writer Toby Whithouse discusses the show and its future in this exclusive interview.
- Doctor Who 'Day Of The Doctor' Primer
November 22 2013 12:16 PM
The "Doctor Who" 50th Anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor," will air on Nov. 23 at 2:50 p.m. EST.
- Microsoft's Xbox One Launch Features Exclusive Concerts In NY And LA
November 21 2013 10:24 AM
Microsoft is holding Xbox One Launch events in NY and LA where fans can buy the next-gen system and attend an exclusive concert.
- Happy Birthday International Space Station
November 20 2013 2:57 PM
The International Space Station turned 15, starting with the launch of the Zarya module on Nov. 20, 1998.
- Two Fragments Breaking Away From ISON's Nucleus May Explain Brightness Increase
November 20 2013 12:42 PM
Comet ISON's recent increase in brightness may be due to nucleus fragmentation.
- Kevin Chenais Denied Trip Back Home To France Twice
November 20 2013 10:09 AM
Kevin Chenais was refused a flight home because of his weight.
- 'Dueling Dinosaurs' Fossil Fails To Sell At Auction, Highest Bid Was For $5.5 Million
November 19 2013 4:31 PM
The "dueling dinosaurs" fossil, depicting two dinosaurs in mid-fight, failed to sell at auction on Tuesday.
- Meat Mummies Were Preserved In A Variety Of Ways
November 19 2013 3:57 PM
Meat mummies, animal parts used for food in the afterlife, were preserved using a variety of methods.