Articles by Charles Poladian
- Largest Star Ever Discovered, W26, Is On Its Deathbed
October 16 2013 4:07 PM
Researchers have observed the largest star ever discovered, W26, in its "death throes."
- Petting Your Cat Is Purr-fectly OK: Study
October 16 2013 2:47 PM
Authors of a new study on cat stress had to issue a clarification after news outlets misinterpreted the study's findings
- Understanding The Role Of Jets From Supermassive Black Holes
October 16 2013 12:43 PM
Jets of material ejected from supermassive black holes can shape galaxies and affect star formation activity.
- Climate Change Could Lead to Major Chemical Changes In Oceans By 2100
October 16 2013 10:22 AM
Climate change could lead to a whole host of changes in marine ecosystems around the world, ultimately affecting humans by 2100.
- Researchers Discover 85 New Species Of Clown Beetles
October 15 2013 3:58 PM
The discovery nearly triples the number of species belonging to the genus of beetles native to North and South America that are known for their “jewel-like” appearance.
- European Space Agency Shows Off 3D Printed Metal Parts That Can Be Used In Space
October 15 2013 2:01 PM
The European Space Agency is working to 3D print with metal, one day manufacturing a satellite in one piece, a move that would save money and resources.
- castAR Projected Augmented Reality System Launches A Kickstarter
October 15 2013 11:17 AM
castAR is attempting to bring a projected augmented reality system to life and its Kickstarter is already close to reaching the set goal in just one day.
- Researchers Develop A ‘Blueprint’ To Add Sensory Feedback To Prosthetics
October 15 2013 9:18 AM
Researchers from the University of Chicago have developed a way to artificially create the sense of touch in prostheses.
- What Are BPA And Phthalates?
October 14 2013 3:53 PM
New studies have found potential links to BPA and phthalates and reproductive risks in men and women but the debate over the safety of these chemicals continues.
- China Celebrates A Decade Of Manned Spaceflight
October 14 2013 12:41 PM
China is looking ahead to the future of its space program as it celebrates 10 years of manned spaceflight.
- Exercise Improves Brain Health: New Research
October 14 2013 9:20 AM
Researchers isolated a protein that was increased during endurance exercise, which could lead to new Alzheimer's and Parkinson's treatments.
- Porsche Driving To Expand Into Africa By 2020
October 13 2013 5:16 PM
Porsche wants to expand in a big way, setting its sights on Africa with the goal of selling more than 200,000 vehicles globally by 2020.
- Engineers Create A ‘Bionic Man’ From Artificial Parts
October 13 2013 3:55 PM
"The Incredible Bionic Man" is a new documentary that will air on Oct. 20 at 10 p.m. EDT on the Smithsonian Channel.
- Jupiter-Bound Juno Wakes Up From ‘Safe Mode'
October 13 2013 1:10 PM
NASA's Juno space probe is fully operational after unexpectedly entering safe mode after it slingshot around Earth on its way to Jupiter.
- Iran Plans To Send Second Monkey Into Space
October 13 2013 11:35 AM
In new statements from the deputy head of Iran Space Agency, the county plans on sending a second monkey into space by the end of November.
- New York Comic Con 2013: The Price Of Autographs And Photos
October 10 2013 5:52 PM
New York Comic Con 2013 is this weekend and there are plenty of things to do, see and buy, but autographs and photos can be incredibly pricey.
- Hubble Captures The 'Cosmic Bloom' Of Galaxy PGC 6240
October 10 2013 10:42 AM
The Hubble's new photo of galaxy PGC 6240 reveals layers of shells that could indicate a past galactic merger.
- NASA's Juno Space Probe Live Stream
October 09 2013 6:43 PM
You can watch a live stream of NASA's Juno space probe beginning at 9:30 p.m. EDT, 6:30 p.m. PDT, on Oct. 9, 2013.
- Researchers Discover ‘Self-Healing’ Metal
October 09 2013 4:12 PM
Researchers discovered "self-healing" metal and this process could lead to stronger, and safer, metal alloys.
- Toby Jug Nebula Glows With Light From Dying Star
October 09 2013 4:12 PM
The European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope was able to capture a detailed photo of the Toby Jug Nebula.