Articles by Charles Poladian
- A Massive Asteroid Will 'Black Out' The Bright Star Regulus On Thursday
March 16 2014 12:51 PM
One of the brightest stars in the sky will briefly dim, in a process known as occultation.
- Twitter Mocks White Man March
March 15 2014 4:27 PM
Twitter users created mock White Man March banners with #WhiteManMarchProtestSigns.
- Assassination Of Julius Caesar, Full Moon And Trivia For The Ides Of March
March 15 2014 1:39 PM
The Ides of March is another name for March 15 and its meaning has become synonymous with the assassination of Julius Caesar.
- Volunteers Can Count Craters On Mars As Well As The Experts
March 15 2014 12:27 PM
A new study shows the value of "citizen scientists" in research.
- SpaceX Delays ISS Resupply Mission Until March 30
March 14 2014 10:58 AM
SpaceX has announced it has delayed Sunday's International Space Station resupply mission until March 30.
- Researchers Observe Largest Yellow Star
March 12 2014 3:50 PM
Researchers have observed the largest ever yellow star. The yellow hypergiant star is one of the ten largest stars ever discovered.
- SpaceX Prepares For Third International Space Station Resupply Mission
March 12 2014 12:53 PM
SpaceX is preparing its Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft for its third International Resupply Mission to the International Space Station.
- The International Astronomical Union Is Not Happy With Uwingu's 'Name A Mars Crater' Campaign
March 12 2014 11:16 AM
The International Astronomical Union has expressed concern over Uwingu's "Name A Mars Crater" project.
- Kristian Nairn, Hodor From ‘Game Of Thrones,’ Comes Out As Gay, Says No One Asked Him About It
March 11 2014 2:24 PM
Kristian Nairn, Hodor from ‘Game Of Thrones,’ said he was gay in a new interview.
- European Space Agency Orbiter Captures Rainbow-Like ‘Glory’ In New Image [PHOTO]
March 11 2014 12:36 PM
The European Space Agency's Venus Express Orbiter captured a rainbow-like "glory" on Venus.
- ISS Expedition 38 Crew Members Return To Earth
March 11 2014 10:05 AM
Three ISS Expedition 38 crew members have returned to Earth following 166 days aboard the International Space Station.
- Watch The ISS Expedition 38 Crew Depart Here
March 10 2014 3:50 PM
Three International Space Station Expedition 38 crew members will depart on March 10 and a NASA live stream will start at 4:30 p.m. EDT with the hatch closure of the Soyuz spacecraft. The undocking coverage will begin at 7:45 p.m. EDT.
- NASA Announces Asteroid Grand Challenge Contest For Citizen Scientists
March 10 2014 1:46 PM
NASA has announced the Asteroid Grand Challenge Contest that will dole out $35,000 in prizes.
- Want To Learn More About 'Cosmos?'
March 10 2014 11:55 AM
"Cosmos" premiered on Sunday and NASA tweeted throughout the show to give viewers and in-depth look at featured missions and images.
- Ozone-Depleting Gases Found In Atmosphere Despite Ban
March 09 2014 6:06 PM
Experts are blaming legal 'loopholes' for latest discovery.
- Koichi Wakata Named New International Space Station Commander
March 09 2014 3:56 PM
New honor follows departure of Russian cosmonaut Oleg Kotov.
- The Season Finale Of 'True Detective' Means The End Of Speculation
March 09 2014 12:50 PM
The season finale of "True Detective" airs on Sunday and that means and end to all the wonderful fan speculation.
- The Hypothetical 'Planet X' Is Not Seen In NASA's WISE Survey
March 08 2014 6:00 PM
NASA's WISE Survey didn't observe the hypothetical gas giant "Planet X."
- The Earth's Magnetic Field Has A Plasma 'Shield'
March 08 2014 3:25 PM
Researchers have discovered the Earth's magnetic shield has plasma "shield" that further protects the planet from solar storms.
- Is The 'Simpsons' Spoof Of 'True Detective' Inappropriate?
March 08 2014 11:50 AM
Some critics say Homer Simpson's identification with the Yellow King goes beyond harmless comedy.