Articles by Charles Poladian
- Can Viewers Tell The Difference Between The Xbox One And PS4 Version Of 'Battlefield 4'?
October 28 2013 3:55 PM
'Battlefield 4' gameplay footage will let viewers get a look at the rumored resolution difference between the PS4 and the Xbox One.
- DarkLight Experiment Hopes To Make Dark Matter ‘Visible’
October 28 2013 1:51 PM
Researchers from MIT and Jefferson National Accelerator Laboratory aims to find a particle whose existence is only suggested by previous research.
- The La Brea Tar Pits Celebrates 100 Years Of Excavation
October 28 2013 10:51 AM
The La Brea Tar Pits are celebrating 100 years of excavations and researchers continue to make new discoveries.
- ‘Bad Grandpa’ Dethrones ‘Gravity' At The Box Office
October 27 2013 5:27 PM
"Bad Grandpa" ruled the roost at the box office, dethroning "Gravity" and earning $32 million in its debut.
- Thousands Attend Anti-NSA Rally In Washington D.C.
October 27 2013 1:34 PM
Ex-NSA contractor Snowden unable to attend, but his presence looms large.
- Mother And Four Children Stabbed To Death In Brooklyn
October 27 2013 11:35 AM
Alleged attacker believed to be the children's cousin.
- Xbox One May Have A Resolution Problem
October 26 2013 5:38 PM
Are the rumors true that "Call of Duty: Ghosts" is running at only 720p?
- NY US Attorney Seizes $28 Million In Bitcoins Belonging To Alleged Silk Road Owner
October 26 2013 2:15 PM
As part of the Silk Road investigation, NY U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara announced the seizure of $28 million in bitcoins that belonged to Ross Ulbricht, the alleged Silk Road owner.
- Solar Maximum: Three Solar Flares And A Coronal Mass Ejection
October 26 2013 11:38 AM
In one week there were three solar flares as well as a coronal mass ejection and researchers believe we are reaching the peak of solar activity; solar maximum.
- NASA Captures An 'X-Class' Solar Flare
October 25 2013 11:29 AM
NASA has observed a second solar flare in as many days. The agency is expecting more activity as the sun reaches solar maximum conditions.
- Your Handy Zombie Survival Guide
October 24 2013 1:08 PM
Would you be able to survive a zombie apocalypse?
- Researchers Have Discovered The Most Distant Galaxy Yet
October 23 2013 4:33 PM
Astronomers from the University of Texas, Austin, have discovered the most distant galaxy yet, galaxy z8_GND_5296.
- Japan's Asteroid Explorer, Hayabusa-2, Will Be Ready By 2018
October 23 2013 3:58 PM
Japan's Hayabusa2 will feature a "space cannon" that will fire a projectile into an asteroid in 2018.
- Telescope Retires From Universe-Changing Run
October 23 2013 2:39 PM
The Planck space telescope has retired but researchers are still gaining new insights on the universe from it.
- NASA's Laser Communication System Sets A New Record
October 23 2013 12:05 PM
NASA's Lunar Laser Communication Demonstration, aboard LADEE, set a new record for download rates.
- Tiny Ion Thrusters Could Launch Small Satellites Into Space
October 23 2013 10:06 AM
Researchers from MIT are developing tiny ion thrusters to propel small satellites through space.
- World View Balloon Trips To The ‘Edge Of Space’ For $75,000 Is The Latest In Space Tourism
October 22 2013 3:44 PM
The World View spaceflight experience will give passengers a view of Earth normally reserved for astronauts for $75,000.
- Hubble Confirms Comet ISON Is In One Piece
October 22 2013 2:47 PM
A new image from the Hubble Space Telescope indicates comet ISON is in one piece as it makes its way towards the sun.
- Sony Is Just As Outraged As Brazilian Gamers Over PlayStation 4 Cost
October 22 2013 11:35 AM
The PS4 maker isn't happy about the high price of the console in Brazil either, and it's taking steps to remedy the situation in the future.
- Silk Road’s Biggest Heroin Dealer Was An FBI Informant
October 22 2013 9:28 AM
New court documents show that one of Silk Road's top dealers, Steven Sadler, known as Nod, was an FBI informant.