Articles by Charles Poladian
- Every Red Dwarf Star Has A Planet, New Study Says
March 04 2014 2:42 PM
A new study says there is at least one planet orbiting every red dwarf stars and there are close to 160 billion red dwarfs in the Milky Way alone.
- The Secret To The Perfect Pancake Is Revealed By Science
March 04 2014 10:54 AM
Want to know how to make the perfect pancake you are in luck as students from the University of Sheffield have solved the mystery using math.
- NASA Congratulates 'Gravity' Success At The Oscars
March 03 2014 2:47 PM
"Gravity" was a big winner at the Oscars 2014 and the International Space Station crew congratulated the crew and actors with a message from space.
- NASA Spacecraft Discovers New Comet
March 03 2014 12:44 PM
The reactivated NEOWISE spacecraft has detected its first comet.
- How Long Will It Take Twitch Plays Pokemon To Complete 'Pokemon Crystal'?
March 02 2014 5:48 PM
Twitch Plays Pokemon just finished "Pokemon Red" but the social experiment is underway again and started "Pokemon Crystal" on Sunday.
- Listen To Oscars' Best Song Nominees Here
March 02 2014 12:56 PM
Pharrell Williams looks to make his big year even bigger.
- What A Powerful, Small Black Hole Revealed
March 02 2014 11:57 AM
Extraordinary find is located 15 million light-years from Earth.
- The Oscars 2014 List Of Nominations
March 02 2014 10:14 AM
"Gravity" and "American Hustle" each have 10 Oscar nominations and will compete for several top prizes.
- Users Beat Twitch Plays Pokemon
March 01 2014 5:08 PM
Twitch Plays Pokemon has come to an end, but fans won't have to wait long for the next social experiment.
- Ken Ham's Noah's Ark Project Gets Funded
March 01 2014 2:51 PM
Funding for the Noah's Ark Encounter theme park gets a boost following a creationism debate.
- More Than 120 Fake Research Papers Get Pulled
March 01 2014 1:55 PM
Two journals have to pull 120 computer-generated research papers.
- Name A Crater On Mars For $5
February 28 2014 12:38 PM
For $5, you can name a crater on Mars, but that name might not be used by astronomers and scientists.
- Oscars 2014 Betting Odds And Best Prop Bets
February 28 2014 9:02 AM
The Oscars are right around the corner and all the speculation has led to a healthy betting scene around who will win big at the 86th Academy Awards.
- Watch The Launch Of The NASA And JAXA Global Precipitation Satellite Here
February 27 2014 8:28 AM
NASA and JAXA will launch the Global Precipitation Measurement mission of Feb. 27 and the live stream begins at 12 p.m. EST.
- NASA Announces The Discovery Of 715 New Planets
February 26 2014 4:02 PM
NASA announced the discovery of 715 new planets based on data collected by the Kepler space observatory.
- Algae To Blame In Whale Mass-Grave Mystery
February 26 2014 12:11 PM
Researchers have discovered the culprit behind the death of 40 whales more than 5 million years ago.
- 'Doctor Who' Spoilers And Rumors Surround New Character And Peter Capaldi
February 25 2014 4:53 PM
There is some "Doctor Who" news floating around including the introduction of Danny Pink and the possible departure of Peter Capaldi after one season.
- Fukushima Radiation Reaches Waters Off Coast Of Canada
February 25 2014 2:43 PM
Scientists have detected radioactive cesium isotopes associated with the Fukushima radiation leak in Vancouver, B.C.
- HTC Launches 'Power To Give' Project
February 25 2014 11:48 AM
The 'HTC Power To Give' project lets users volunteer their smartphone to aid in research projects.
- Check Out This New US-Japanese Precipitation-Oriented Venture
February 24 2014 4:11 PM
NASA has set up a center in the Japanese island of Tanegashima for the Global Precipitation Measurement launch.