Articles by Charles Poladian
- J.K Rowling Returns To Robert Galbraith For New Detective Novel
February 17 2014 9:32 AM
J.K Rowling will don the Robert Galbraith pseudonym for a new Cormoran Strike novel, "The Silkworm."
- Is The Universe Just A Futuristic Simulation?
February 16 2014 4:41 PM
A new op-ed in the New York Times discusses the theory that the universe is just a simulation.
- Just What We Need: A Pizza With a 3-Year Shelf Life
February 16 2014 12:37 PM
Military food scientists are close to perfecting a recipe that can survive in the field for three years.
- Ronan The Sea Lion Proves Keeping A Beat Is Not Just A Human Ability
February 15 2014 6:10 PM
New research is exploring how widespread is the rhythm-keeping ability in the animal world.
- 25 Percent Of Americans Don't Know The Earth Orbits The Sun: Survey
February 15 2014 2:36 PM
What does the survey really say about American scientific knowledge?
- Why Did The UAW Fail In Vote At Tennessee Volkswagen Plant?
February 15 2014 11:47 AM
And did outside political interference play a role?
- Valentine's Day 2014 Full Moon
February 14 2014 8:20 AM
Valentine's Day 2014 will feature a full moon, known as the "Snow Moon."
- China’s Yutu Lunar Rover Is Officially Lost Following Mechanical Glitch
February 12 2014 3:01 PM
China's Jade Rabbit lunar rover has been lost, according to a report from China News Service.
- Watch The SLOOH Broadcast On Solar Activity Here
February 12 2014 12:24 PM
SLOOH will observe the sun and discuss recent solar activity on Feb. 12 beginning at 1 p.m. EST.
- Shroud Of Turin Wrong Carbon Dating Due To Ancient Earthquake, Say Researchers
February 12 2014 11:23 AM
A new study suggests an earthquake could explain the Shroud of Turin or its 1988 radiocarbon dating but the research has led to plenty of controversy.
- Hubble And Cassini Observe Auroras At Saturn's Poles
February 11 2014 4:06 PM
The Hubble Space Telescope and NASA's Cassini Spacecraft observed auroras at Saturn's poles in 2013.
- Valentine's Day 2014 In Space
February 11 2014 2:17 PM
Love is in the air, and in space, on Valentine's Day. Just look at all the love-themed celestial objects.
- NASA And French Space Agency Announce Partnership For 2016 Mars Mission
February 11 2014 11:00 AM
NASA and the National Center of Space Studies of France have announced a partnership for a new Mars mission that will launch in 2016.
- Mars Orbiters Find Strongest Evidence Yet Of Liquid Water
February 10 2014 4:06 PM
Researchers using NASA Mars orbiters have discovered the "the strongest indication of possible liquid water" on the planet.
- Green Roofs And Cool Roofs Are Effective But Cities Need To Plan Carefully
February 10 2014 2:08 PM
Cool roofs and green roofs can reduce temperatures but a new study says location is extremely important in any urban adaptation strategy.
- Watch The ‘Game Of Thrones Season 4: Ice And Fire Foreshadowing’ Special Here
February 10 2014 10:14 AM
HBO aired a new "Game of Thrones" special on Feb. 9 that provided a few hints of what to expect from the fourth season.
- Astronomers Observe Oldest Star Ever Discovered
February 09 2014 6:13 PM
Astronomers have observed a star which they believe is the the oldest ever discovered, forming just after the Big Bang.
- Copenhagen Zoo Kills Giraffe Despite Protests
February 09 2014 2:58 PM
The Copenhagen Zoo made the decision to kill a healthy young giraffe to prevent inbreeding, it says.
- Popular 'Flappy Bird' Game Abruptly Pulled By Developer
February 09 2014 12:13 PM
Dong Nguyen, "Flappy Bird" creator, announced his decision to pull the hit game from app stores on Twitter.
- HBO Announces ‘Game of Thrones: Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing' Special
February 08 2014 6:17 PM
HBO has announced a new "GoT" special, ‘Game of Thrones: Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing," that will air at 8:45 p.m. EST on Feb. 9.