Articles by Charles Poladian
- 880-Pound Meteorite Crashes Into The Moon
February 24 2014 2:02 PM
Astronomers observed a record-breaking lunar impact on Sept. 11, 2013.
- 4.4-Billion-Year-Old Crystal Is Oldest Piece Of Earth’s Crust Ever Discovered
February 24 2014 10:56 AM
Researchers have found the oldest piece of the Earth's crust yet discovered, a zircon crystal that is 4.4 billion years old.
- Netflix, Comcast Announce 'Direct Connection' Deal
February 23 2014 5:38 PM
Netflix and Comcast have announced a deal that prevents any potential streaming issues for customers.
- ESA Wants To Clean Up All The Space Debris Around Earth
February 23 2014 1:58 PM
The European Space Agency wants to clean up thousands of pieces of space debris that surrounds Earth.
- NASA Suspends Orion Capsule Recovery Test
February 22 2014 6:02 PM
NASA was unable to secure the capsule to a ship with handling lines.
- Super-Strong Artificial Muscles Created With Just Fishing Line
February 22 2014 12:20 PM
The humble fishing line is being used to create some incredibly strong artificial muscles.
- European Space Agency Announces Planet-Hunting PLATO Mission
February 19 2014 4:49 PM
The European Space Agency announced its exoplanet-hunting PLATO mission will launch in 2024.
- Oculus Rift Movie 'Zero Point' Releases Interactive Trailer
February 19 2014 12:29 PM
Condition One has released a trailer for "Zero Point," the first immersive film designed for Oculus Rift.
- Watch The 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Trailer Here
February 19 2014 10:00 AM
The first "Guardians of the Galaxy" trailer was released on Feb. 18 and introduces the most offbeat superhero team yet.
- Where Did Asteroid 2000 EM26 Go?
February 18 2014 3:48 PM
A team of astronomers are looking for a lost object, an 885-foot asteroid that failed to appear as projected on Feb. 17.
- US Navy To Deploy Solid-State Laser By End Of 2014
February 18 2014 12:36 PM
The U.S. Navy has been testing some futuristic weapons and will deploy a solid-state laser on a ship by the end of 2014.
- International Space Station Unloads 1.5 Tons Of Trash
February 18 2014 10:07 AM
The Cygnus spacecraft was released from the International Space Station, completing its resupply mission and taking 1.5 tons of trash with it.
- Ten Olympic Gold Medalists Get Rare Piece Of Chelyabinsk Meteorite
February 17 2014 4:07 PM
To commemorate the one-year anniversary of the Chelyabinsk meteorite event, 10 Sochi Olympic gold medalists will receive a medal containing a piece of the space rock.
- Watch Asteroid 2000 EM26's Flyby Here
February 17 2014 1:07 PM
Potentially Hazardous Asteroid 2000 EM26 will make it close-approach to Earth on Feb. 27 and a live stream will begin at 9 p.m. EST.
- HBO Releases 'Vengeance'-Themed 'Game Of Thrones' Trailer
February 17 2014 11:20 AM
HBO has released a new trailer for the fourth season of "Game of Thrones" that's all about revenge and death.
- J.K Rowling Returns To Robert Galbraith For New Detective Novel
February 17 2014 9:32 AM
J.K Rowling will don the Robert Galbraith pseudonym for a new Cormoran Strike novel, "The Silkworm."
- Is The Universe Just A Futuristic Simulation?
February 16 2014 4:41 PM
A new op-ed in the New York Times discusses the theory that the universe is just a simulation.
- Just What We Need: A Pizza With a 3-Year Shelf Life
February 16 2014 12:37 PM
Military food scientists are close to perfecting a recipe that can survive in the field for three years.
- Ronan The Sea Lion Proves Keeping A Beat Is Not Just A Human Ability
February 15 2014 6:10 PM
New research is exploring how widespread is the rhythm-keeping ability in the animal world.
- 25 Percent Of Americans Don't Know The Earth Orbits The Sun: Survey
February 15 2014 2:36 PM
What does the survey really say about American scientific knowledge?