Articles by Charles Poladian
- Researchers Discover Evidence Of Free-Flowing Water On Mars
December 16 2013 3:30 PM
Researchers have discovered evidence of flowing water on Mars. These features were seen during the warmer seasons and faded with colder temperatures.
- European Space Agency Readies Gaia, Its New Milky Way Surveyor
December 16 2013 1:36 PM
The European Space Agency's Gaia spacecraft will create a 3D map of the Milky Way by observing a billion stars over five years.
- China Admits It Needs Monitoring Stations Abroad To Begin Deep Space Exploration
December 16 2013 10:33 AM
China's space program scored another success with the Chang'e 3 lunar landing, but its ambitious plans for the future includes a space station and deep space exploration.
- NASA Picks SpaceX To Lease Apollo Missions' Launch Pad
December 14 2013 5:15 PM
SpaceX has been chosen by NASA to negotiate terms for the lease of Launch Pad 39A
- Second Iran Space Monkey Sent To Space And Returned To Earth, Report
December 14 2013 2:56 PM
Iran reports it has sent a second monkey to space, returning to Earth safely on Dec. 14.
- Chinese Probe Makes Soft Landing On Moon
December 14 2013 12:39 PM
Chang'e 3 is the first spacecraft to land on the moon in 37 years.
- Winter Storm Electra - More Snow For Northeast US
December 14 2013 11:06 AM
A mix of snow, ice and rain is expected Saturday and into Sunday across much of the northeast.
- SantaCon 2013 Guide And Clues For NYC Route
December 13 2013 2:10 PM
SantaCon 2013 is happening in cities around the world. SantaCon NYC promises to be the biggest yet with more than 18,000 RSVPing for the Dec. 14 event.
- Watch The Peak Of The Geminid Meteor Shower Here
December 13 2013 9:05 AM
The Geminids are set to peak on Dec. 13, and there will be two live streams available, the first beginning at 5:30 p.m. EST, 2:30 p.m. PST.
- 'Doctor Who' 'The Time Of The Doctor' Spoilers: Christmas Special Trailer Reveals Plenty Of Monsters [VIDEO, PHOTOS]
December 12 2013 12:45 PM
Doctor Who -- "The Time Of The Doctor" -- will mark the end of Matt Smith's run as the Doctor and the beginning for Peter Capaldi.
- 'Downton Abbey' Q&A And Screening In New York
December 11 2013 4:22 PM
The cast and producers of "Downton Abbey" were in New York to discuss the fourth season of the hit show.
- NASA Details ISON's Fatal Encounter With The Sun
December 11 2013 3:14 PM
NASA presented its finding on Comet ISON's doomed trip around the sun at the 2013 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting.
- Meteor Explodes Over Arizona Caught On Camera
December 11 2013 12:14 PM
A meteor exploded over Arizona on Tuesday and the event was captured on video.
- Mandela Ceremony Service Sign Language Interpreter Is A ‘Fake’
December 11 2013 9:22 AM
The Deaf Federation of South Africa claims the sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was a "fake."
- Mars One Announces Unmanned Mission To Mars For 2018
December 10 2013 3:55 PM
Mars One has announced an unmanned mission to Mars for 2018.
- Comet-Hunting Rosetta Satellite Sets Date To Land On A Comet
December 10 2013 12:16 PM
ESA's Rosetta Satellite will attempt to become the first spacecraft to land on a comet on Nov. 11, 2014.
- Winter Storm Dion Brings Snow And Ice To The Northeast
December 10 2013 10:01 AM
Winter Storm Dion refuses to go away and has brought another round of snow, ice and rain to the Northeast.
- NASA's IRIS Solar Observatory Captures Detailed Images Of Sun's Interface Region
December 09 2013 3:26 PM
NASA's IRIS has had plenty of success in its first six month, including detailed photos of the sun's interface region.
- Early Universe Is Less Dusty Than Previously Believed
December 09 2013 2:50 PM
New research indicates there is less dust in the early universe than had been believed, which could lead to changes in current theories on star formation.
- Scientists Discuss The Search For Life During US House Committee Hearing
December 09 2013 11:32 AM
Scientists discussed the search for life during a recent U.S. House Committee hearing entitled "Astrobiology: The Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond."