Articles by Charles Poladian
- NASA's IRIS Solar Observatory Captures Detailed Images Of Sun's Interface Region
December 09 2013 3:26 PM
NASA's IRIS has had plenty of success in its first six month, including detailed photos of the sun's interface region.
- Early Universe Is Less Dusty Than Previously Believed
December 09 2013 2:50 PM
New research indicates there is less dust in the early universe than had been believed, which could lead to changes in current theories on star formation.
- Scientists Discuss The Search For Life During US House Committee Hearing
December 09 2013 11:32 AM
Scientists discussed the search for life during a recent U.S. House Committee hearing entitled "Astrobiology: The Search for Biosignatures in our Solar System and Beyond."
- 'Frozen' Knocks 'Catching Fire' From The Top Of The Box Office
December 08 2013 1:46 PM
'Frozen" is the new box office champion while "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" continues to be a huge hit overseas.
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Spoilers
December 08 2013 12:34 PM
'Doctor Who' has one more big event left for 2013, the Christmas special, "The Time of the Doctor," featuring the end of Matt Smith's run on the show.
- Winter Storm Dion To Bring Snow And Ice To The East Coast
December 08 2013 11:29 AM
Winter Storm Dion is making its way across the U.S. and the east coast is expected to receive a wintry mix of ice and snow.
- Where To Watch The VGX 2013 Live Stream
December 07 2013 3:10 PM
The rebranded Video Game Awards can be viewed by fans around the world beginning at 6 p.m. EST.
- Xbox One Backward Compatibility Prank Leads To Bricked System
December 07 2013 1:29 PM
Don't get stuck in a boot loop, warn gamers.
- Dangerous Weather Brings Snow, Sleet And Frigid Temperatures To Many States
December 07 2013 12:04 PM
Winter Storm Dion has brought frigid temperatures, snow, sleet and freezing rain to several states and is heading east.
- Successful Atlas V Rocket Launch Carries A Classified Payload
December 06 2013 11:44 AM
An Atlas V rocket launched from California Thursday is carrying a classified payload, suspected to be spy satellites.
- The Strange Science Of Quantum Entanglement And Wormholes
December 05 2013 11:53 AM
Researchers dig deep into the strange world of quantum mechanics and theoretical physics while discussing the link between quantum entanglement and wormholes.
- Circling Supermassive Black Holes Observed At The Center Of Distant Galaxy
December 04 2013 3:52 PM
NASA has spotted two supermassive black holes at the heart of a distant galaxy.
- Japanese WWII Sub Found Off Coast Of Oahu
December 03 2013 1:32 PM
The Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory discovered the wreck of a historic 400-foot Japanese WWII submarine that had been headed for the Panama Canal.
- PS4: 2.1 Million Units Sold, And Climbing
December 03 2013 9:59 AM
Andrew House, group CEO at Sony, thanked the gamers who purchased the console and promised new features and updates in the future.
- Researchers Debunk Popular Theory On How Neutron Stars Heat Up
December 02 2013 3:59 PM
New research may rule out a popular theory on how neutron stars heat up.
- SpaceX SES-8 Launch Rescheduled After Three Delays
December 02 2013 1:22 PM
SpaceX has rescheduled its SES-8 satellite launch for a third time, moving the launch back to Dec. 3 after rocket anomalies were detected.
- Rare Baby Chasmosaurus Dinosaur Fossil To Be Used As A Teaching Tool
December 02 2013 11:43 AM
A baby Chasmosaurus fossil will be a highlight of the University of Alberta's "Dino 101" online course.
- Cyber Monday Deals From eBay, Gap, JC Penney, Staples, Toys 'R' Us And More
December 01 2013 5:56 PM
The Black Friday rush is over, but many stores have announced more deals.
- 'Catching Fire' And 'Frozen' Are Big Winners At The Box Office
December 01 2013 3:06 PM
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" faced stiff competition from "Frozen," but it topped the holiday box office.
- Black Friday Online Sales Reach $3 Billion
December 01 2013 1:13 PM
In the battle between "brick-and-click" and "online only," the former was the winner by a 3-to-1 ratio.