Articles by Charles Poladian
- What Are The Effects Of Space Travel On Human Beings?
January 28 2014 2:50 PM
A new repors details concerns over the long-term effects of space travel on the human body.
- The Pirate Bay No Longer Blocked In Netherlands
January 28 2014 11:36 AM
The Pirate Bay is no longer blocked in the Netherlands, following the ruling of a Dutch appeals court.
- Silk Road Bitcoin Dealers, BTCKing and Charlie Shrem, Charged With Money Laundering
January 27 2014 4:07 PM
The U.S. Attorney's Office announced charges have been filed against two Bitcoin dealers for money laundering in connection to Silk Road.
- Cornelius Gurlitt Will Consider Restitution Claims For $1 Billion Nazi-Looted Art Collection
January 27 2014 1:02 PM
Cornelius Gurlitt, through his lawyer, said he would consider restitution claims as officials investigate his $1.3 billion collection to see if any of it is Nazi-looted art.
- China’s Jade Rabbit Lunar Rover Mission Could End In Failure
January 27 2014 10:14 AM
China's Jade Rabbit lunar rover has experienced a mechanical glitch that has put the mission's future in jeopardy.
- Watch The ISS Spacewalk Here
January 26 2014 6:16 PM
The International Space Station spacewalk to finish the assembly of two cameras begins at 8:30 a.m. EST on Jan. 27.
- Rare Nintendo World Championship Cartridge Sells For Over $99K On EBay
January 26 2014 3:34 PM
It's not much to look at, but vintage status inspires big bidders; breaks previous record held by Legend of Zelda.
- Snowden's Latest Bombshell
January 26 2014 1:17 PM
The former NSA contractor on German TV made startling new claims about the scope of NSA spying.
- The Grammy Awards 2014 List Of Nominations
January 26 2014 11:05 AM
Jay Z is leading the field with nine nominations including for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album.
- NASA's Opportunity Rover Finds New Evidence Of Ancient Water On Mars
January 25 2014 4:58 PM
NASA's Opportunity rover has discovered new evidence of ancient water on Mars.
- Stephen Hawking Says Black Holes Are Not So Black After All, In New Paper
January 25 2014 1:47 PM
Famed astrophysicist weighs in on the "firewall paradox" debate.
- Watch NASA's TDRS-L Satellite Launch Here
January 23 2014 2:53 PM
NASA's new communications satellite, TDRS-L, will launch on Jan. 23 and the space agency's coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. EST.
- International Space Station Expedition 39 Crew Members Discuss Upcoming Mission [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
January 23 2014 1:30 PM
NASA astronaut Steve Swanson and Russian cosmonauts Alexander Skvortsov and Oleg Artemyev will arrive at the International Space Station in March.
- Astronomers Observe Supernova In Messier 82 Galaxy
January 22 2014 2:16 PM
Astronomers around the world observed a supernova in Messier 82, known as the Cigar Galaxy, and is the closest supernova since 1987.
- NASA Receives 58 Instrument Proposals For Mars 2020 Rover
January 22 2014 1:03 PM
NASA's call for instrument proposals that will be used on the Mars 2020 rover mission exceeded the space agency's expectations.
- Lagoon Nebula Is Teeming With Young Stars
January 22 2014 11:17 AM
The European Southern Observatory released a new image of the Lagoon Nebula that shows it to be a "perfect stellar nursery."
- 2013 Was The Fourth Warmest Year Since 1880
January 21 2014 4:18 PM
According to NOAA's global climate report, 2013 was the fourth-warmest year on record and continues a three decade long climate warming trend.
- Near-Earth Object Asteroid 2009 FD Not Likely To Hit Earth
January 21 2014 1:58 PM
One of the top five potential threats to Earth just got downgraded.
- New Gaia Observations Reveal The Milky Way Galaxy Formed ‘Inside-Out’
January 21 2014 11:13 AM
Researchers have discovered the Milky Way formed "inside-out," with the inner part of the galaxy forming faster than the outer region.
- Watch The 'Wake Up Rosetta' Live Stream Here
January 19 2014 4:52 PM
The "Wake Up Rosetta" live stream begins at 4:15 a.m. EST on Jan. 20.