- US Defense Industry Cashes In On ISIS Airstrikes
September 30 2014 6:40 PM
With Obama predicting that airstrikes in Syria and Iraq could take years, defense companies are already cashing in.
- Fears For Safety Of US Troops In Afghanistan
September 29 2014 7:26 PM
After more than six months of uncertainty, Afghanistan will allow U.S. forces to stay past December 2014, but safety fears remain.
- Fears Of A Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan Growing
September 27 2014 9:39 AM
The Islamic State is gaining support in some areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Taliban could pledge allegiance to ISIS in the future.
- How Will Diminished UK Forces Fare In Strikes Against ISIS?
September 26 2014 3:34 PM
After years of military cuts, the U.K. armed forces will be tested soon when they begin striking ISIS in Iraq.
- UK Will Strike ISIS In Iraq
September 26 2014 12:17 PM
After weeks on the sidelines, the U.K. parliament voted today to commence airstrikes against the terrorist group in Iraq.
- ISIS Takes Iraqi Army Base Near Baghdad
September 25 2014 2:55 PM
Under pressure in the north of the country, ISIS fighters have turned their attention south, taking a military base near Baghdad.
- A Weakened UK Prepares To Strike ISIS
September 25 2014 2:40 PM
After years of military cuts, experts raise questions about whether the UK can make a meaningful impact against ISIS.
- The $68,000-An-Hour War
September 24 2014 4:06 PM
The cost to the U.S. military of bombing ISIS may reach as high as $10 billion.
- What The Use Of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles In Syria Tells Us
September 23 2014 12:44 PM
The missiles are typically employed to hit large buildings surgically without destroying them or the surroundings.
- The 40-Year-Old US Warplane That Will Fight ISIS
September 23 2014 1:42 AM
After narrowly escaping being scrapped in defense cuts, the venerable A-10 Thunderbolt will now fly in the fight against ISIS.
- After No Vote, Problems For Westminster Have Only Just Begun
September 19 2014 1:54 PM
Scotland's No vote in the independence referendum isn't the end of the story, as the central government is left in a quandary.
- Kingdom Remains United
September 19 2014 3:26 AM
After a passionate campaign, Scottish voters rejected the opportunity to leave the United Kingdom.
- What Happens If Scotland Votes No?
September 18 2014 4:16 PM
If Scotland rejects independence, it may receive new tax and welfare powers from Westminster -- if outraged Conservative MPs allow it.
- New ISIS Video Uses British Captive As Spokesman
September 18 2014 11:15 AM
The video purportedly shows British journalist John Cantlie promising to reveal "the truth" about the group.
- How A 'No' Vote Could Make Scotland A Winner
September 17 2014 5:25 PM
As Scotland gets ready to vote on independence, London has promised more powers if No wins. But it's uncertain it can deliver them.
- More Than 80% Of Scots Expected To Vote On Independence
September 17 2014 12:33 PM
Scotland's vote on independence Thursday has been hard to predict. One reason? Tons of people are going to show up.
- ISIS Shoots Down Syrian Jet
September 16 2014 3:30 PM
For the first time, ISIS has shown the ability to shoot down a military combat jet, like the ones the U.S. and allies fly over its territory.
- A Divided Kingdom Might Be Just The Beginning
September 16 2014 12:29 PM
With days to go before Scotland votes on its independence, Europe's most fervent separatist groups have an eye fixed on the outcome.
- French Ship For Russia Starts Trials Despite Suspension Of Delivery
September 15 2014 11:25 AM
France said it was holding off on selling Russia a warship, but then allowed 200 Russian sailors to start sea trials aboard it.
- Pistorius Could Compete In Rio If Sentence Is Completed
September 12 2014 10:35 PM
The International Paralympic Committee has said that Oscar Pistorius can compete in Rio if his sentence is completed.