- After No Vote, Problems For Westminster Have Only Just Begun
September 19 2014 1:54 PM
Scotland's No vote in the independence referendum isn't the end of the story, as the central government is left in a quandary.
- Kingdom Remains United
September 19 2014 3:26 AM
After a passionate campaign, Scottish voters rejected the opportunity to leave the United Kingdom.
- What Happens If Scotland Votes No?
September 18 2014 4:16 PM
If Scotland rejects independence, it may receive new tax and welfare powers from Westminster -- if outraged Conservative MPs allow it.
- New ISIS Video Uses British Captive As Spokesman
September 18 2014 11:15 AM
The video purportedly shows British journalist John Cantlie promising to reveal "the truth" about the group.
- How A 'No' Vote Could Make Scotland A Winner
September 17 2014 5:25 PM
As Scotland gets ready to vote on independence, London has promised more powers if No wins. But it's uncertain it can deliver them.
- More Than 80% Of Scots Expected To Vote On Independence
September 17 2014 12:33 PM
Scotland's vote on independence Thursday has been hard to predict. One reason? Tons of people are going to show up.
- ISIS Shoots Down Syrian Jet
September 16 2014 3:30 PM
For the first time, ISIS has shown the ability to shoot down a military combat jet, like the ones the U.S. and allies fly over its territory.
- A Divided Kingdom Might Be Just The Beginning
September 16 2014 12:29 PM
With days to go before Scotland votes on its independence, Europe's most fervent separatist groups have an eye fixed on the outcome.
- French Ship For Russia Starts Trials Despite Suspension Of Delivery
September 15 2014 11:25 AM
France said it was holding off on selling Russia a warship, but then allowed 200 Russian sailors to start sea trials aboard it.
- Pistorius Could Compete In Rio If Sentence Is Completed
September 12 2014 10:35 PM
The International Paralympic Committee has said that Oscar Pistorius can compete in Rio if his sentence is completed.
- Undercover Footage Shows Monkey Brain Experiments In Germany
September 12 2014 8:33 PM
A man posing as a worker at an animal testing laboratory in Germany filmed secret footage of monkeys being experimented on.
- ISIS' Ability To Move Stolen Iraqi Weapons To Syria
September 12 2014 5:24 PM
ISIS is scarily good at assembling an arsenal using weapons it stole or captured.
- What The US Campaign Against ISIS May Look Like
September 11 2014 3:36 PM
After President Obama vowed to destroy ISIS in Syria, speculation mounts over how the U.S. and it allies will accomplish that goal.
- How An Independent Scotland Stacks Up
September 10 2014 3:36 PM
In eight days, Scotland will vote to either split from the UK or stay. But as an independent country, where would it be in world rankings?
- Investors Nervous About Scottish Independence
September 09 2014 5:01 PM
A dramatic swing in Scottish independence polls toward a "yes" vote has investors scrambling for answers on what might happen.
- Independent Scotland Would Create Nuclear-Sub Problem
September 08 2014 6:15 PM
If Scotland votes for independence, it wants a chunk of the British armed forces -- and to kick out nuclear subs, which have nowhere else to go.
- Russian Twitter Account Trolls NATO Summit
September 04 2014 4:50 PM
A Twitter account belonging to the Russian Embassy in the United Arab Emirates has trolled the NATO summit with a sarcastic tweet.
- Obama Wants NATO To Spend Money It Doesn't Have
September 04 2014 12:28 PM
The president has asked allies to increase military spending to 2 percent of GDP, but that's not a realistic target in today's economy.
- 'We Must Go After ISIS Right Away'
September 03 2014 12:38 PM
After Steve Sotloff was beheaded by ISIS militants on Tuesday, Congress appears to be warming to U.S. military action in Syria.
- US Attack On Al-Shabab Shows Growing Presence In Africa
September 02 2014 2:42 PM
The U.S. strike in Somalia with drones and airplanes is part of a bigger picture, as American forces battle Islamic extremism in Africa.