Articles by Christopher Harress
- The Future Of Unmanned Military Aircraft
December 10 2013 11:47 PM
We live in a world of drones, so take a look at the U.S. military's most advanced unmanned aircraft.
- Is Boeing Playing Hard to Get With Its Jet?
December 10 2013 11:40 AM
Washington state is still the best option for production of the 777X, but Boeing is considering other bids, all due today.
- Kuwait Snaps Up 25 Airbus Aircraft
December 09 2013 1:23 PM
More than two decades after Iraqi forces destroyed part of the Kuwaiti Airways fleet, the airline has signed a $4.4 billion deal with Airbus for major overhaul.
- Spain Uses Scotland To Take Swipe At Catalonia
December 09 2013 11:56 AM
Scotland is still in limbo after the Spanish PM said EU membership is anything but certain should independence be wrestled from the U.K.
- Feds Order NYC Commuter Railroad To Make Immediate Safety Changes
December 06 2013 2:40 PM
Just five days after the New York City commuter rail crash that killed four and injured dozens, the government have ordered Metro-North to make safety changes.
- Fukushima Cleanup In Shambles
December 06 2013 12:08 PM
Two years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the cleanup is being dogged by radioactive leaks and ongoing labor disputes.
- Why Shell Canceled Its Planned Louisiana Gas Plant
December 06 2013 10:29 AM
Louisiana's Ascension Parish will miss out on a $12.5 billion gas conversion plant after Shell said costs were too high.
- Biggest Ships To Ever Sail The Oceans
December 05 2013 6:52 PM
The world's biggest ship launched on Wednesday, but what massive vessels came before it?
- Walmart vs. An Outraged Mother
December 05 2013 5:20 PM
Outraged mother fights Walmart with online petition to get her son his job back after he is sacked unfairly, she claims.
- Blockbuster RIP: The Video-Rental Empire Is Dead
December 05 2013 11:45 AM
The tragic tale of how Blockbuster went from Family Night mainstay to crumbled corporate empire.
- The Strange Story Of The Rabbi vs. The Airline
December 04 2013 3:55 PM
Frequent-flier miles are at stake in this Supreme Court case.
- Why Feds Want NYC Rail Safety Changes Implemented Now
December 04 2013 9:21 AM
After four people died in a rail accident Sunday morning, the federal government has written to the MTA asking that repairs be made.
- There's Much That's New About Barrick Gold In China
December 03 2013 12:49 PM
After 30 years in charge, Peter Munk is handing the chairmanship to former Goldman Sachs banker John Thornton, who has long experience in China.
- What Does The NYC Rail Crash Tell Us About State Of US Transit?
December 03 2013 6:20 AM
Are the U.S.'s commuter railroads just neglected death traps and should The Bronx death trap been spotted earlier?
- Top 10 Longest-Serving Fed Chairmen
December 02 2013 3:23 PM
When Janet Yellen takes command of the Federal Reserve next year, she will become the oldest Fed chair ever, but who served the longest in that role?
- Want In On The Next Big Startup? Fly Turkish Air
November 27 2013 4:50 PM
Starting Dec. 1, Turkish Airlines will be showing in-flight pitch videos by startups looking for investors.
- Wal-Mart vs. Its Employees: The Numbers
November 27 2013 7:18 AM
Wal-Mart is notorious for low wages. Could the principles of Fordism ensure a better deal for both?
- The 10 Most Expensive US-Made Military Aircraft
November 26 2013 3:04 PM
With global spending in the trillions of dollars, what's it spent on?
- Why Boeing May Build 777X Outside Of Puget Sound
November 25 2013 4:41 PM
Boeing is looking for a new manufacturing base for its new 777X aircraft, but can anyone compete with Washington state's tax break?
- Winter Storm Guide: What To Prepare For
November 25 2013 11:53 AM
Winter Storm Boreas threatens to cause travel chaos for Thanksgiving, so here's your news and guide for the coming week.