- Hamas Claims To Have Captured Israeli Solider
July 20 2014 4:49 PM
After a day of intensive fighting in the Gaza strip, Hamas has claimed to have taken an Israeli soldier hostage.
- Obama Worried About Gaza Strip Death Toll
July 20 2014 4:33 PM
In a Sunday call with the Israeli Prime Minister, Barack Obama expressed concern over the rising death toll in the Gaza Strip.
- Unhappy Meal: McDonalds Chinese Supplier Investigated For Supplying Stale Meat
July 20 2014 3:23 PM
Local reporters discover stale meat at a Chinese food manufacturing plant that supplies to McDonalds and KFC.
- Video Indicates Separatists Hiding MH17 Black Box
July 20 2014 1:55 PM
Since MH17 was brought down Thursday, investigators have been prevented from finding the black box by pro-Russian separatists.
- John Kerry Put On Spot About Israel Comments
July 20 2014 12:36 PM
During a whirlwind media tour Sunday, John Kerry was recorded making candid comments about the Gaza conflict.
- Only Someone With Training Could Have Shot Down MH17
July 18 2014 5:48 PM
Now that we know a missile brought down MH17, we can ask how difficult it is to shoot a jetliner out of the sky at 33,000 feet.
- Malaysia Airlines CEO's Unenviable Job
July 18 2014 1:57 PM
After the back-to-back MH17 and MH370 disasters, the CEO of Malaysia Airlines must try to save an airline that was already in financial trouble.
- Will Malaysia Airlines Survive MH17 Tragedy?
July 17 2014 7:21 PM
Four months after MH370 was lost, Malaysia Airlines contends with another major incident. Its stock is falling. Can it learn from the past?
- A Century After WWI, Costs Still Linger
July 15 2014 2:49 PM
The lasting impact of World War I is still felt 100 years later in the form of pensions to widows and families.
- Robots To Handle More Boeing Jet Production
July 15 2014 11:10 AM
At Farnborough Airshow, Boeing said it will rely more on robots in the manufacturing process and will use 787 Dreamliner interiors in the 777X jet.
- US Troop Withdrawal In Europe Leaves NATO In Quandary
July 09 2014 3:26 PM
As U.S. troop numbers dwindle in Europe, NATO is being asked to spend more on defense or face the consequences.
- In This Swedish City, Half The Residents Are Syrian Or Iraqi Refugees
July 03 2014 6:41 PM
A refugee named Issa described Sodertalje: "The city is mostly Iraqi and Syrian immigrants, but some Swedes live here too.”
- Russia To The Rescue As US Delays F-16 Delivery
July 01 2014 5:20 PM
Russia is providing Iraq with fighter jets to combat ISIS while U.S. F-16s won't be ready until the end of the year.
- As World Cup Problems Compound, Brazil Prepares To Host Olympics
June 11 2014 2:27 PM
Brazil gets to the kickoff as possibly the least-prepared nation in World Cup history. And in two years, it will host the Olympics.
- Boko Haram Mass Killings Continue, As Media Attention Wanes
June 06 2014 6:03 PM
The kidnapping of the Nigerian schoolgirls dominates press coverage, but it's far from the whole story.
- The Complex Moral Terrain Of Military Desertion
June 05 2014 9:29 AM
Bowe Bergdahl's release, and pending military investigation into deserter allegations, shed light on 13 years of U.S. desertions.
- Bergdahl Case Puts Army's 'No Man Left Behind' Ethos To The Test
June 03 2014 8:59 PM
Leaving no comrade behind is a core military value. But does it apply if a soldier walked away?
- 'Tainted' Shinseki Resigns From VA After Obama Meeting
May 30 2014 11:20 AM
The man once tasked with running the Army steps down amid fierce political pressure.
- Obama Drones On And On
May 29 2014 2:33 PM
The president is promising drone transparency again. Why should anyone believe his most recent pledge?
- Veterans Lost In The System: VA Problems Go Back For Decades
May 28 2014 10:47 PM
As pressure grows on Shinseki, the record shows questionable practices dating from the 1920s. Efforts at reform have long been frustrated.