Articles by Christopher Harress
- What The Pentagon's Cuts Mean For The US Air National Guard
March 11 2014 10:43 AM
The 2015 budget has forced the Air Force to cut heavily from the Air National Guard, which will see predator drones cut from fleet.
- Will NATO Exercise On Russia's Border Anger Moscow?
March 10 2014 8:19 PM
The three-week training exercise on the Russia-Norway border was planned before the Ukraine crisis, NATO says.
- Boeing Dreamliner 787: A Timeline Of Six Years Of Failure
March 10 2014 1:31 PM
After more problems are discovered with the Dreamliner, some ask: Will the Boeing 787 ever be reliable?
- Look Out Dubai, Turkey Wants To Be A Global Transport Hub
March 06 2014 11:28 AM
Turkey is aiming to build the world's biggest airport, which it hopes will handle 150 million passengers a year.
- Boeing Seals Large Apache Pentagon Deal
March 06 2014 10:01 AM
Despite big cuts to Pentagon spending, Boeing inked a hefty contract extension with the armed forces to service its Apache helicopters.
- Israel Says It Intercepted Missiles Headed From Iran To Gaza
March 05 2014 2:46 PM
In the early hours of Wednesday morning the IDF intercepted rockets it says were bound for the Gaza Strip.
- Facebook's Drones: Internet From Above In Developing Countries
March 04 2014 5:13 PM
Facebook is looking to extend the range of its social network by beaming the Internet from flying drones into less developed countries.
- Russia And Boeing: An Odd Marriage, Threatened By War
March 04 2014 12:48 PM
It is an interdependent world: Sanctions on Russia could hurt Boeing by choking imports of titanium, a metal it needs to make airplanes.
- Is Saab About To Start Building Submarines?
March 03 2014 1:11 PM
ThyssenKrupphave refused to offer fixed prices to Swedish government on the next generation of Swedish submarines.
- Old Man Winter Took A Bite Out Of Boeing Sales, And More
February 27 2014 10:14 AM
In early 2014, U.S. durable goods orders have taken a slight hit - due to a dip in aircraft sales.
- Russian Soldiers Cross Crimea, But Where Are They Going?
February 26 2014 3:26 PM
A Ukrainian video surfaced Thursday that shows Russian troops on the move in the Crimea. But where are they going?
- US Navy Buying 16 Spy Planes From Boeing
February 25 2014 7:00 PM
After 40 years, the U.S. Navy will replace its old spy plane fleet with new Boeing P-8A Poseidon spy planes.
- Is Russia Preparing To Take Or Evacuate Crimea?
February 25 2014 4:19 PM
Trying to discern the Kremlin's next move is almost as hard today as it was for Sovietologists during the Cold War.
- Russian Ships Reported Massing On Crimean Coast
February 24 2014 5:21 PM
To some, the buildup is a prelude to a Russian takeover of the disputed Crimea region of Ukraine.
- Why Boeing, Union Contract Should Boost Competitiveness
February 24 2014 3:33 PM
Boeing has settled with machinists and avoided chaos that erupted in Seattle last year.
- Russia's Drone Fleet About To Get Even Larger
February 24 2014 12:08 PM
Russia is investing in a mega drone project to expand and modernize it's aviation threat.
- Here's Boeing's Incentive For The 787 Charleston Plant Catch-Up
February 21 2014 12:43 PM
The pressure's on for employees to step up the pace and clear up a Dreamliner backlog.
- Are Sweden's Home Prices About To Plunge?
February 20 2014 12:12 PM
After 10 years of strong growth, Sweden boasts record home prices, but experts remain divided over whether it's a bubble.
- The Drone And The Seven Seas
February 20 2014 6:24 AM
Seagoing drones could serve important roles in conservation and environmental safety.
- What Did Facebook Just Pay $16 Billion For?
February 19 2014 5:33 PM
Rumors circulated for months about a possible purchase of WhatsApp by Google, but Facebook stepped in with a monster offer.