Articles by Christopher Harress
- India's 10 Biggest Banks By Revenue
September 04 2013 9:17 AM
India's economy is in free fall and it's expected that banks could suffer badly, but which ones would fare best?
- Swiss Banker's Suicide Shows Pressures Of Financial Industry
September 04 2013 8:54 AM
After two suicides in Switzerland, questions are being asked about the pressures on bankers and businessmen.
- Norway Fueled By Oil Fund Of Almost $750 Billion
August 30 2013 8:48 PM
Norway’s oil-based sovereign wealth fund is worth nearly $750 billion, so how does it compare with similar funds in other countries?
- Big Bucks At The US Open Tennis Tournament
August 30 2013 5:55 AM
The U.S. Open Tennis Championships at Flushing Meadows generates hundreds of millions for the New York economy.
- Indian Banks Expecting A Crisis As Rupee Plummets
August 29 2013 2:09 PM
Indian banks are expecting a crisis in the coming year as the rupee continues to lose value against the dollar.
- The Biggest SEC Fines Paid By Banks So Far (None By Morgan Stanley)
August 29 2013 6:11 AM
In three and half years, banks have paid around $66 billion in litigation costs, and that number looks to grow.
- Football Fans To Suffer Most From Gareth Bale Move
August 28 2013 6:28 AM
Welshman Gareth Bale's transfer to Real Madrid looks less likely as a second bidder enters the equation.
- Will Gareth Bale Really Be The Most Expensive Player Of All Time?
August 28 2013 5:10 AM
As Gareth Bale prepares to move to a new club, here is a selected list of the the world's most expensive players and what their values would have been today.
- Living Inside The MTV Awards In Brooklyn's Celebrity Zone
August 26 2013 7:50 PM
On Sunday night the music industry descended on Brooklyn's Barclays Center, enlivening and disrupting life for neighborhood residents.
- Barclay's Decision Could Take $1 Billion Away From Somali Economy
August 26 2013 1:37 PM
Somalia's fragile economy could face collapse - something that could trigger a humanitarian crisis affecting millions.
- Ever Hear Of Jante? It Saved Sweden From The Global Financial Crisis
August 23 2013 10:18 PM
The little-known Law of Jante may be the reason that Sweden skimmed over the world's recession relatively unscathed, but at what cost?
- Here's All You Need To Know About Scotch
August 22 2013 10:34 AM
The Scottish Whisky -- and no, there's no "e" -- industry grows every year despite not really changing.
- July US Existing-Home Prices Continue 17-Month Trend
August 21 2013 10:39 AM
The Realtors Ass'n reported that home prices continued to rise even as mortgage interest rates climbed to the highest in two years.
- Want An Interest-Free Mortgage? Try An Islamic Bank
August 21 2013 6:29 AM
Islamic banks offer zero-interest mortgages, and they could be an alternative lender for many U.S. first-time homeowners.
- 'Twitterverse' Says Gareth Bale Signed With Real Madrid
August 20 2013 11:09 AM
Real Madrid apparently snapped up Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale in a deal worth about $300 million, including salary and bonuses.
- Expect To Pay $990 For A Ticket To The World Cup Final
August 20 2013 8:57 AM
Despite the record-high prices for World Cup tickets, demand is expected to be enormous.
- Credit Crunch Is Over, But Consumer Lending Isn't Increasing
August 20 2013 8:45 AM
The five-year crunch may have ended, but consumers still aren't able to get loans. So where is the Fed's quantitative easing going?
- Express Train Hits Indian Hindu Pilgrims, Killing At Least 37
August 19 2013 7:59 AM
An express train in eastern India was set alight and its driver badly beaten after the the train killed at least 37 people.
- UK National Fund Of $547.44M: All Monied Up And No Place To Go
August 18 2013 8:00 AM
An anonymous donor contributed a sizable sum to the U.K. government in 1928, but the funds were never spent.
- Travel Warnings For Tourists In Egypt Issued As Violence Spreads
August 17 2013 6:54 PM
As violence in Egypt continues into the weekend, governments have issued travel warnings.