Articles by Christopher Harress
- Iceland Remains Europe's Problem Child As Debt Problems Threaten
August 16 2013 12:10 PM
Iceland is casting a chill over the euro zone's economic warm-up.
- Foreign Investors Are Pulling Out Of India As The Rupee Falls
August 16 2013 8:55 AM
India's economy is struggling as overseas investors withdraw billions from the country over fears about the rupee's strength.
- US Inflation, Jobless Claims Point To Fed Stimulus Reduction In September
August 15 2013 9:13 AM
What's more, one analyst argued the downward pressure on core inflation (excluding food/energy) is fading.
- Banks Shut Down In Egypt As Violence Escalates
August 14 2013 12:43 PM
Banks in Egypt closed as the military deadline for Morsi to establish a power-sharing deal begins to run out.
- Ponzi Scheme Operator Jailed
August 14 2013 9:26 AM
A Michigan Ponzi scheme operator and his accomplice got 20 years between them after stealing $72 million.
- JPMorgan's 'Whale' Trader Agrees To Deal With Feds
August 13 2013 3:08 PM
Bruno Iksil, the controversial trader in the "London Whale" scandal, will not face criminal or civil charges after agreeing to a deal.
- Regulatory Uncertainty Facing Foreign Banks In India
August 13 2013 1:38 PM
Foreign banks in India will be able to set up more domestic operations because of financial regulations expected this week.
- Touring Edinburgh By Dog: One Scotsman Finds His Way Home [VIDEO]
August 09 2013 8:57 PM
Madigan is a 14-year-old English springer spaniel, and people in my family often say he’s the only dog they have ever seen smile.
- India's Banks - No Quick Fix: S&P
August 07 2013 11:57 AM
Slow economic growth and deteriorating loan portfolios will continue to weigh on the banks, S&P said.
- What Will It Take For The UK Central Bank To Change Interest Rates?
August 07 2013 8:22 AM
The Bank of England aims to keep interest rates low until mid-2016, but only if certain criteria are met.
- US Justice Hits Bank Of America With Suit
August 06 2013 4:22 PM
The $850 million suit alleges reckless and fraudulent origination and securitization practices during the home mortgage boom.
- India Looks To Turn Around Economy With New Reserve Bank Appointment
August 06 2013 2:52 PM
With the rupee performing at its lowest in years and GDP at a nine-year low, India has appointed a former IMF chief economist to its Reserve Bank.
- European Banks' Risk Provisions Suggest Legal Problems Ahead
August 06 2013 9:23 AM
All of Europe's big banks have set aside large provisions to deal with ongoing legal issues and fines.
- Crédit Agricole Profits From Decision To Leave Greece And Italy
August 06 2013 8:21 AM
Large French bank Crédit Agricole SA beat market predictions and posted encouraging results.
- Bomb Threats, Rape and Violence Spawns TwitterNoise Campaign
August 05 2013 2:11 PM
Women who refuse to be silenced join TwitterNoise campaign aimed at addressing threats of rape and violence on Twitter.
- HSBC's First-Half Profit Up 23%
August 05 2013 1:16 PM
London-based HSBC has posted impressive profits, after three years of cuts.
- Inside Banking In Conflict Zones Around The World
August 02 2013 11:08 PM
When trouble arrives, banks often depart, and access to cash becomes difficult. This is the story of how people bank in conflict zones.
- How Edward Snowden May Have Saved American Kids From Broccoli
August 02 2013 1:03 PM
Edward Snowden may have saved U.S children from broccoli as the cost of importing the vegetable has gone up after Ecuador and U.S fallout.
- JPMorgan Ends 'Whale' Dispute, Pays Huge Fine
July 30 2013 12:51 PM
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has ended a dispute with JPMorgan after the bank agreed to pay a fine and return profits.
- Local US Governments Hiring Again
July 30 2013 10:24 AM
Many U.S. cities are reversing four years of underemployment on higher tax revenue and a recovering national economy.