- Kazakhstan Boasts A Very Healthy and Green Economy
September 24 2013 10:03 PM
Barely 20 years old, Kazakhstan has developed into a self-sustaining and model economy where green energy and development is paramount
- US Government Changes Direction On Green Energy
September 24 2013 12:41 PM
After decades of failed efforts to significantly boost clean energy use, the U.S. may have hit on a strategy that could actually work.
- Citigroup Trading Revenues May Slide 10% In Q3: Report
September 23 2013 2:43 PM
As Citi guides its investors to expect a slide in trading revenue, shadows of the 1994 bond rout loom over Wall Street.
- Professional Financial Advice Not Worth It: Study
September 23 2013 10:44 AM
An Oxford University team discovered in a recent study that financial advice given to investors did not translate into profits or success.
- Financial Crisis Caused Rise In Suicide Rate: Study
September 20 2013 9:42 AM
According to a study, countries with the highest unemployment rates saw the suicide rate increase.
- Icelandic PM Rips European Union Over Financial Crisis
September 20 2013 5:44 AM
Five years after the financial crisis, Iceland has turned its back on EU negotiations, claiming that Europe has learned nothing from the crisis.
- What Has Happened To Canada?
September 19 2013 3:14 PM
When they discovered oil in Alberta, Canada began to change. The environment and the population have all suffered.
- Washington Cashing In On Banks
September 19 2013 9:04 AM
Talk about not letting a good crisis go to waste -- the U.S. Treasury's Capital Purchase Program (CPP),part of TARP, is now profitable.
- Air Wall Street: One Of World's Biggest 'Airlines'
September 19 2013 5:22 AM
Banks have an interesting relationship with the aviation industry, including owning more aircraft than the seven biggest carriers globally.
- US Homeowners To Suffer When Fed Reduces Stimulus
September 17 2013 3:40 PM
It's been a long time coming, but it finally looks like the Fed will slow down quantitative easing, but at whose expense and whose gain?
- House Sales Getting Back To Winning Ways
September 17 2013 5:50 AM
After the Crash of 2008, a lot of assets lost a huge amount of value, but most have bounced back -- save two.
- Oh Canada! The Most Corrupt, World Bank Says
September 16 2013 2:09 PM
One Canadian company appears 72 times on the the World Bank's list of 250 globally blacklisted companies.
- European Economies Still Most Dominant Globally: Study
September 16 2013 10:55 AM
It might come as a surprise, but European economies leave the United States trailing in their wake, new figures reveal.
- The Last Days Of Lehman - What Really Happened
September 13 2013 11:10 PM
Five years after excessively risky behavior brought Lehman Brothers down, the company survives as a ghost of its former self.
- China Is The New Lehman Brothers, Risk Manager Warns
September 11 2013 1:07 PM
A former VP of Lehman Brothers, Lawrence McDonald, tried to avert its demise. What's more, now he sees bigger problems on the horizon.
- The Rising Cost Of Getting Ahead
September 10 2013 10:13 PM
University rankings are showing that free and low-cost education in Europe is as good as what America has.
- Taxpayers Are Owed Hundreds Of Billions From TARP
September 10 2013 2:25 PM
Five years after the TARP program started, Washington has collected about half of what it's owed and yet has nearly broken even.
- UK May Face International Pressure Over Assad's Wife
September 09 2013 4:04 PM
If the Syrian regime falls, what happens to British-born Asma Assad, the glamorous wife of the Syrian president?
- Hypocrisy As UK Benefits From Russia-Syria Arms Deal
September 09 2013 3:10 PM
On Tuesday, the world's biggest arms fair opens in London, with Russian firms displaying weaponry they sold to Syria.
- Good News At Chernobyl, As Fukushima Still Poisons Ocean
September 07 2013 8:33 AM
As one nuclear plant disaster worsens, another near a partial solution.