- Will Gareth Bale Really Be The Most Expensive Player Of All Time?
August 28 2013 5:10 AM
As Gareth Bale prepares to move to a new club, here is a selected list of the the world's most expensive players and what their values would have been today.
- Living Inside The MTV Awards In Brooklyn's Celebrity Zone
August 26 2013 7:50 PM
On Sunday night the music industry descended on Brooklyn's Barclays Center, enlivening and disrupting life for neighborhood residents.
- Barclay's Decision Could Take $1 Billion Away From Somali Economy
August 26 2013 1:37 PM
Somalia's fragile economy could face collapse - something that could trigger a humanitarian crisis affecting millions.
- Ever Hear Of Jante? It Saved Sweden From The Global Financial Crisis
August 23 2013 10:18 PM
The little-known Law of Jante may be the reason that Sweden skimmed over the world's recession relatively unscathed, but at what cost?
- Here's All You Need To Know About Scotch
August 22 2013 10:34 AM
The Scottish Whisky -- and no, there's no "e" -- industry grows every year despite not really changing.
- July US Existing-Home Prices Continue 17-Month Trend
August 21 2013 10:39 AM
The Realtors Ass'n reported that home prices continued to rise even as mortgage interest rates climbed to the highest in two years.
- Want An Interest-Free Mortgage? Try An Islamic Bank
August 21 2013 6:29 AM
Islamic banks offer zero-interest mortgages, and they could be an alternative lender for many U.S. first-time homeowners.
- 'Twitterverse' Says Gareth Bale Signed With Real Madrid
August 20 2013 11:09 AM
Real Madrid apparently snapped up Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale in a deal worth about $300 million, including salary and bonuses.
- Expect To Pay $990 For A Ticket To The World Cup Final
August 20 2013 8:57 AM
Despite the record-high prices for World Cup tickets, demand is expected to be enormous.
- Credit Crunch Is Over, But Consumer Lending Isn't Increasing
August 20 2013 8:45 AM
The five-year crunch may have ended, but consumers still aren't able to get loans. So where is the Fed's quantitative easing going?
- Express Train Hits Indian Hindu Pilgrims, Killing At Least 37
August 19 2013 7:59 AM
An express train in eastern India was set alight and its driver badly beaten after the the train killed at least 37 people.
- UK National Fund Of $547.44M: All Monied Up And No Place To Go
August 18 2013 8:00 AM
An anonymous donor contributed a sizable sum to the U.K. government in 1928, but the funds were never spent.
- Travel Warnings For Tourists In Egypt Issued As Violence Spreads
August 17 2013 6:54 PM
As violence in Egypt continues into the weekend, governments have issued travel warnings.
- Morsi Supporters Cleared From Cairo Mosque
August 17 2013 12:29 PM
A Cairo mosque was cleared after violence in Egypt’s capital has claimed more than 600 lives since Wednesday.
- Hotel Revenues Up By Over 50 Percent: Report
August 17 2013 11:23 AM
Jones Lang LaSalle reports that office space is up 3 percent, but the hotel market is up by more than 50 percent.
- Iceland Remains Europe's Problem Child As Debt Problems Threaten
August 16 2013 12:10 PM
Iceland is casting a chill over the euro zone's economic warm-up.
- Foreign Investors Are Pulling Out Of India As The Rupee Falls
August 16 2013 8:55 AM
India's economy is struggling as overseas investors withdraw billions from the country over fears about the rupee's strength.
- US Inflation, Jobless Claims Point To Fed Stimulus Reduction In September
August 15 2013 9:13 AM
What's more, one analyst argued the downward pressure on core inflation (excluding food/energy) is fading.
- Banks Shut Down In Egypt As Violence Escalates
August 14 2013 12:43 PM
Banks in Egypt closed as the military deadline for Morsi to establish a power-sharing deal begins to run out.
- Ponzi Scheme Operator Jailed
August 14 2013 9:26 AM
A Michigan Ponzi scheme operator and his accomplice got 20 years between them after stealing $72 million.