Articles by Christopher Harress
- Philip Morris Q4 Earnings Preview: Bigger Profit Margin Seen Offsetting Lower Sales
February 05 2014 9:21 AM
The changing economics of the global tobacco industry have also hit Philip Morris in recent years.
- Modernizing India's Military - Not So Fast
February 04 2014 8:07 AM
A 10-year plan to spend $100 billion on improving India's military now faces delayed orders.
- The Taliban Is Broke
February 03 2014 1:48 PM
After years of fighting against the U.S. military, the Taliban have run out of money after donors lost interest in their fight.
- Drones, Arctic Domain Among US Navy's Priorities
February 03 2014 11:29 AM
The Navy wants to explore underwater drones and capitalize on Arctic sea routes, but budget cutbacks may limit what it can do.
- A Super Bowl Sex Worker's Tragic Story
January 31 2014 3:26 PM
Clemmie Greenlee spent three decades as a sex worker, but after turning her life around, she's on a mission to help others.
- Sex And Drugs: The Secret Super Bowl Underground
January 30 2014 3:00 PM
It's not all glitz and glamour at the NFL's championship game: Its underground economy has been in full force for weeks.
- The Worker Group That's Gained New Hope From Obama's Address
January 29 2014 10:23 AM
The president said in his State of the Union speech he will try to raise the minimum wage across the country, but hasn't he said it before?
- Marijuana Strain Named After Top Seahawks Star
January 29 2014 6:56 AM
What's more, Peyton Manning also has a strain named after him.
- Whisky Sale Smashes World Record
January 28 2014 3:59 PM
At $2,583 per shot, this Macallan whisky has become the world's most expensive.
- Yes, Drones Will Be In Use At The Sochi Olympics
January 28 2014 12:55 PM
Olympic security always threatens to overshadow the event itself, and with the introduction of drone surveillance, Sochi might just achieve it.
- American Airlines Q4 Earnings Preview: A Winter Travel Tailwind
January 27 2014 11:18 AM
American Airlines should post a big revenue uptick, thanks to US Airways merger and increased winter travel.
- Is This The Future of Animal Robot Drones?
January 27 2014 11:02 AM
A German engineering company says it has figured out “one of the oldest dreams of humankind.”
- A Drone's Stunning Hawaii Surf Video
January 24 2014 2:46 PM
As drones continue to divide public opinion, one young aerial photographer's incredible surf film is likely to win supporters of its continued use
- United Q4 Earnings Preview: Investors Eye Rebound
January 22 2014 7:11 AM
After a Q3 to forget, United seems to have turned its fortunes around, with analysts expecting a much improved Q4.
- Delta Q4 Earnings Preview: Profits Likely Soared
January 20 2014 11:36 AM
In addition, the airline's purchase of a jet fuel refinery helped lower its fourth-quarter costs.
- What Are The Chances You'll See A Drone In The Near Future -- And Live To Tell The Tale?
January 17 2014 4:49 PM
In the next 18 months, the FAA will decide on the future of drone use in the U.S. Here's a glimpse into what that future might hold.
- Drones - Better Tech; Scarier Tech, Too
January 16 2014 2:53 PM
In 25 years we could be seeing self-aware drones flying missions without human input, according to the Pentagon.
- How Many Afghan Civilians Has The UK Killed?
January 16 2014 2:04 PM
British forces claim to have only killed one Afghan civilian, but questions are raised about U.S. relationship in Yemen and Pakistan.
- How To Not Catch A Terrorist: Report Slams NSA
January 15 2014 1:18 PM
Exactly how effective was invading the privacy of millions of American and foreign citizens?
- Shotgun vs. Drone: The Results
January 15 2014 6:18 AM
What happens when you fire a shotgun at a drone, fly it through fire, and drop it from 400 feet?