- Russia To The Rescue As US Delays F-16 Delivery
July 01 2014 5:20 PM
Russia is providing Iraq with fighter jets to combat ISIS while U.S. F-16s won't be ready until the end of the year.
- As World Cup Problems Compound, Brazil Prepares To Host Olympics
June 11 2014 2:27 PM
Brazil gets to the kickoff as possibly the least-prepared nation in World Cup history. And in two years, it will host the Olympics.
- Boko Haram Mass Killings Continue, As Media Attention Wanes
June 06 2014 6:03 PM
The kidnapping of the Nigerian schoolgirls dominates press coverage, but it's far from the whole story.
- The Complex Moral Terrain Of Military Desertion
June 05 2014 9:29 AM
Bowe Bergdahl's release, and pending military investigation into deserter allegations, shed light on 13 years of U.S. desertions.
- Bergdahl Case Puts Army's 'No Man Left Behind' Ethos To The Test
June 03 2014 8:59 PM
Leaving no comrade behind is a core military value. But does it apply if a soldier walked away?
- 'Tainted' Shinseki Resigns From VA After Obama Meeting
May 30 2014 11:20 AM
The man once tasked with running the Army steps down amid fierce political pressure.
- Obama Drones On And On
May 29 2014 2:33 PM
The president is promising drone transparency again. Why should anyone believe his most recent pledge?
- Veterans Lost In The System: VA Problems Go Back For Decades
May 28 2014 10:47 PM
As pressure grows on Shinseki, the record shows questionable practices dating from the 1920s. Efforts at reform have long been frustrated.
- Navy Chief Shapes A Greener Fleet To Sail The Blue Seas
May 25 2014 11:06 PM
Secretary Ray Mabus, a numbers man, tries to navigate the U.S. Navy through the perils of budget cuts.
- Veterans' Chief Could Be On Way Out As Obama Takes Flak
May 20 2014 6:36 PM
Eric Shinseki was widely criticized by the chair of the Veterans Affairs Committee after responding to a subpoena.
- Former Malaysian Prime Minister: CIA Withholding Info About MH370
May 20 2014 11:31 AM
A former Malaysian prime minister has claimed that the CIA is sitting on information about Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370.
- Why Is The GOP Afraid Of This National Defense Bill?
May 20 2014 9:47 AM
A new bill would allow undocumented immigrants permanent residency if they serve in the military. GOP: "heart and soul" of party at stake.
- VA Undersecretary Quits After Veteran Deaths And Cover-Up
May 16 2014 3:03 PM
A day after he and his boss Eric Shinseki were grilled by the Veteran Affairs Committee, Robert Petzel is out.
- Senators Grill VA Chief Shinseki On Treatment Delays, Alleged Cover-Ups
May 15 2014 3:58 PM
The secretary promised "timely action" on the scandal but seemed short of specific answers.
- The 'Honest Man' Who Must Answer For VA Scandal
May 14 2014 5:50 PM
Former Army chief Eric Shinseki testified Thursday about allegations of falsified documents and negligent treatment at VA clinics.
- Malaysian Airlines Tragedy Driving FAA Changes, But Could They Do Better?
May 13 2014 1:35 PM
In the two months since Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was lost, the FAA has considered a wide range of technological advances.
- Malaysian Airlines Tragedy Speeds Up Timeline For New Black Boxes
May 08 2014 9:15 PM
Technology designed to make it easier to locate downed aircraft may be implemented earlier than expected because of Flight MH370.
- Saving A Plane The Military Can't Afford
May 08 2014 1:13 PM
The Armed Services Committee voted to keep funding the A-10 Warthog, despite the Air Force saying it's not needed.
- Job Worries For Boeing As Pentagon May Cut Jet Purchases
May 05 2014 5:32 PM
Boeing employees watched the 100th Growler aircraft roll off the production line knowing that budget cuts may cost them jobs in the near future.
- Military Sexual Assault Reports Up 50% - Good News, Says Pentagon
May 02 2014 4:08 PM
Sexual assaults in the military are up by 50 percent. The Pentagon claims that it is because more people are reporting they've been victims.