Articles by Christopher Harress
- UK May Face International Pressure Over Assad's Wife
September 09 2013 4:04 PM
If the Syrian regime falls, what happens to British-born Asma Assad, the glamorous wife of the Syrian president?
- Hypocrisy As UK Benefits From Russia-Syria Arms Deal
September 09 2013 3:10 PM
On Tuesday, the world's biggest arms fair opens in London, with Russian firms displaying weaponry they sold to Syria.
- Good News At Chernobyl, As Fukushima Still Poisons Ocean
September 07 2013 8:33 AM
As one nuclear plant disaster worsens, another near a partial solution.
- New York Fashion Week Is Anything But Weak
September 06 2013 10:26 AM
With New York Fashion Week under way, the City is awash in models, designers and fashionistas, but what economic benefit do they bring?
- Tokyo Sets Aside $3.4 Billion For 2020 Olympics
September 06 2013 5:43 AM
With just three years before the Rio Olympics, the Olympic Committee will decide on Saturday who will get the 2020 games.
- The World's 10 Oldest Banks
September 05 2013 5:48 AM
Thousands of banks have failed globally since 2000, but there also are hundreds that have survived. Here are the 10 oldest.
- President Obama, His Mind On Syria, Honors Swedish Hero Raoul Wallenberg
September 04 2013 2:33 PM
President Obama delivered a speech ahead of the G20 summit in Russia, and mentioned one man's name that you may have never heard of.
- India's 10 Biggest Banks By Revenue
September 04 2013 9:17 AM
India's economy is in free fall and it's expected that banks could suffer badly, but which ones would fare best?
- Swiss Banker's Suicide Shows Pressures Of Financial Industry
September 04 2013 8:54 AM
After two suicides in Switzerland, questions are being asked about the pressures on bankers and businessmen.
- Norway Fueled By Oil Fund Of Almost $750 Billion
August 30 2013 8:48 PM
Norway’s oil-based sovereign wealth fund is worth nearly $750 billion, so how does it compare with similar funds in other countries?
- Big Bucks At The US Open Tennis Tournament
August 30 2013 5:55 AM
The U.S. Open Tennis Championships at Flushing Meadows generates hundreds of millions for the New York economy.
- Indian Banks Expecting A Crisis As Rupee Plummets
August 29 2013 2:09 PM
Indian banks are expecting a crisis in the coming year as the rupee continues to lose value against the dollar.
- The Biggest SEC Fines Paid By Banks So Far (None By Morgan Stanley)
August 29 2013 6:11 AM
In three and half years, banks have paid around $66 billion in litigation costs, and that number looks to grow.
- Football Fans To Suffer Most From Gareth Bale Move
August 28 2013 6:28 AM
Welshman Gareth Bale's transfer to Real Madrid looks less likely as a second bidder enters the equation.
- Will Gareth Bale Really Be The Most Expensive Player Of All Time?
August 28 2013 5:10 AM
As Gareth Bale prepares to move to a new club, here is a selected list of the the world's most expensive players and what their values would have been today.
- Living Inside The MTV Awards In Brooklyn's Celebrity Zone
August 26 2013 7:50 PM
On Sunday night the music industry descended on Brooklyn's Barclays Center, enlivening and disrupting life for neighborhood residents.
- Barclay's Decision Could Take $1 Billion Away From Somali Economy
August 26 2013 1:37 PM
Somalia's fragile economy could face collapse - something that could trigger a humanitarian crisis affecting millions.
- Ever Hear Of Jante? It Saved Sweden From The Global Financial Crisis
August 23 2013 10:18 PM
The little-known Law of Jante may be the reason that Sweden skimmed over the world's recession relatively unscathed, but at what cost?
- Here's All You Need To Know About Scotch
August 22 2013 10:34 AM
The Scottish Whisky -- and no, there's no "e" -- industry grows every year despite not really changing.
- July US Existing-Home Prices Continue 17-Month Trend
August 21 2013 10:39 AM
The Realtors Ass'n reported that home prices continued to rise even as mortgage interest rates climbed to the highest in two years.