Articles by Christopher Harress
- Why Feds Want NYC Rail Safety Changes Implemented Now
December 04 2013 9:21 AM
After four people died in a rail accident Sunday morning, the federal government has written to the MTA asking that repairs be made.
- There's Much That's New About Barrick Gold In China
December 03 2013 12:49 PM
After 30 years in charge, Peter Munk is handing the chairmanship to former Goldman Sachs banker John Thornton, who has long experience in China.
- What Does The NYC Rail Crash Tell Us About State Of US Transit?
December 03 2013 6:20 AM
Are the U.S.'s commuter railroads just neglected death traps and should The Bronx death trap been spotted earlier?
- Top 10 Longest-Serving Fed Chairmen
December 02 2013 3:23 PM
When Janet Yellen takes command of the Federal Reserve next year, she will become the oldest Fed chair ever, but who served the longest in that role?
- Want In On The Next Big Startup? Fly Turkish Air
November 27 2013 4:50 PM
Starting Dec. 1, Turkish Airlines will be showing in-flight pitch videos by startups looking for investors.
- Wal-Mart vs. Its Employees: The Numbers
November 27 2013 7:18 AM
Wal-Mart is notorious for low wages. Could the principles of Fordism ensure a better deal for both?
- The 10 Most Expensive US-Made Military Aircraft
November 26 2013 3:04 PM
With global spending in the trillions of dollars, what's it spent on?
- Why Boeing May Build 777X Outside Of Puget Sound
November 25 2013 4:41 PM
Boeing is looking for a new manufacturing base for its new 777X aircraft, but can anyone compete with Washington state's tax break?
- Winter Storm Guide: What To Prepare For
November 25 2013 11:53 AM
Winter Storm Boreas threatens to cause travel chaos for Thanksgiving, so here's your news and guide for the coming week.
- In Prospering Morocco, What Arab Spring?
November 22 2013 3:36 PM
King Mohammed IV of Morocco arrives in Washington to see President Obama as the country seeks to grow its business ties to America.
- Cat Cutting More Jobs
November 22 2013 10:23 AM
Historically a bellwether, Caterpillar's cuts will ripple out to impact the U.S. and global economies.
- Fat Pilots With Sleep Apnea Won't Be Able To Fly
November 21 2013 3:58 PM
The FAA have announced that pilots with BMIs over 40 will have to be tested for sleep apnea and may not be able to fly if they do.
- States Fight Over 777x Boeing Production
November 21 2013 10:15 AM
Alabama, Utah and California are eager to take jobs on terms that workers in Washington State rejected. Is the Mideast in the running too?
- Boeing Stock Being Ditched Fast. Why?
November 20 2013 3:11 PM
As Boeing remains in the clouds after nailing some huge deals at the Dubai Air Show, questions remain about its stock being ditched.
- Huge Gold Stash Discovered By Indian Cleaners In Aircraft Bathroom
November 20 2013 8:33 AM
The plane that carried the 2.2lb of gold had arrived from Bangkok earlier in the evening.
- US Government Blameless In JPMorgan's $13 Billion Settlement; Is that fair?
November 19 2013 11:47 AM
Five years after the government sold Washington Mutual to JPMorgan, a $13 Billion settlement is agreed. Why isn't the government paying?
- The Tardy Skies: Airlines With Worst On-Time Records
November 19 2013 6:18 AM
If punctuality is important to you, you may want to avoid these airlines.
- Rickety Airlines: Which Airline Has The Oldest Fleet?
November 18 2013 4:47 PM
The Dubai Airshow has the shiniest and newest aircraft on display, which comes in handy for airlines whose fleets are growing a bit gray.
- How Do Airports Generate Money?
November 18 2013 3:27 PM
Planes are generating money, but not more than two other sources.
- Foreign-Only Incentives Undermine US Airline Business
November 18 2013 12:34 PM
Washington offers low-interest loans to buyers of U.S. aerospace companies, but only if they are non-U.S. airlines.