Articles by Christopher Harress
- Expect To Pay $990 For A Ticket To The World Cup Final
August 20 2013 8:57 AM
Despite the record-high prices for World Cup tickets, demand is expected to be enormous.
- Credit Crunch Is Over, But Consumer Lending Isn't Increasing
August 20 2013 8:45 AM
The five-year crunch may have ended, but consumers still aren't able to get loans. So where is the Fed's quantitative easing going?
- Express Train Hits Indian Hindu Pilgrims, Killing At Least 37
August 19 2013 7:59 AM
An express train in eastern India was set alight and its driver badly beaten after the the train killed at least 37 people.
- UK National Fund Of $547.44M: All Monied Up And No Place To Go
August 18 2013 8:00 AM
An anonymous donor contributed a sizable sum to the U.K. government in 1928, but the funds were never spent.
- Travel Warnings For Tourists In Egypt Issued As Violence Spreads
August 17 2013 6:54 PM
As violence in Egypt continues into the weekend, governments have issued travel warnings.
- Morsi Supporters Cleared From Cairo Mosque
August 17 2013 12:29 PM
A Cairo mosque was cleared after violence in Egypt’s capital has claimed more than 600 lives since Wednesday.
- Hotel Revenues Up By Over 50 Percent: Report
August 17 2013 11:23 AM
Jones Lang LaSalle reports that office space is up 3 percent, but the hotel market is up by more than 50 percent.
- Iceland Remains Europe's Problem Child As Debt Problems Threaten
August 16 2013 12:10 PM
Iceland is casting a chill over the euro zone's economic warm-up.
- Foreign Investors Are Pulling Out Of India As The Rupee Falls
August 16 2013 8:55 AM
India's economy is struggling as overseas investors withdraw billions from the country over fears about the rupee's strength.
- US Inflation, Jobless Claims Point To Fed Stimulus Reduction In September
August 15 2013 9:13 AM
What's more, one analyst argued the downward pressure on core inflation (excluding food/energy) is fading.
- Banks Shut Down In Egypt As Violence Escalates
August 14 2013 12:43 PM
Banks in Egypt closed as the military deadline for Morsi to establish a power-sharing deal begins to run out.
- Ponzi Scheme Operator Jailed
August 14 2013 9:26 AM
A Michigan Ponzi scheme operator and his accomplice got 20 years between them after stealing $72 million.
- JPMorgan's 'Whale' Trader Agrees To Deal With Feds
August 13 2013 3:08 PM
Bruno Iksil, the controversial trader in the "London Whale" scandal, will not face criminal or civil charges after agreeing to a deal.
- Regulatory Uncertainty Facing Foreign Banks In India
August 13 2013 1:38 PM
Foreign banks in India will be able to set up more domestic operations because of financial regulations expected this week.
- Touring Edinburgh By Dog: One Scotsman Finds His Way Home [VIDEO]
August 09 2013 8:57 PM
Madigan is a 14-year-old English springer spaniel, and people in my family often say he’s the only dog they have ever seen smile.
- India's Banks - No Quick Fix: S&P
August 07 2013 11:57 AM
Slow economic growth and deteriorating loan portfolios will continue to weigh on the banks, S&P said.
- What Will It Take For The UK Central Bank To Change Interest Rates?
August 07 2013 8:22 AM
The Bank of England aims to keep interest rates low until mid-2016, but only if certain criteria are met.
- US Justice Hits Bank Of America With Suit
August 06 2013 4:22 PM
The $850 million suit alleges reckless and fraudulent origination and securitization practices during the home mortgage boom.
- India Looks To Turn Around Economy With New Reserve Bank Appointment
August 06 2013 2:52 PM
With the rupee performing at its lowest in years and GDP at a nine-year low, India has appointed a former IMF chief economist to its Reserve Bank.
- European Banks' Risk Provisions Suggest Legal Problems Ahead
August 06 2013 9:23 AM
All of Europe's big banks have set aside large provisions to deal with ongoing legal issues and fines.