Articles by Christopher Harress
- Where Will Shares Of World's Biggest Airline Trade?
November 15 2013 4:58 PM
After more than six months of talks with government officials the world's biggest airline had to pick an exchange for its shares to trade on.
- JPMorgan Set To Pay Out Again
November 15 2013 4:53 PM
Where will it end? JPMorgan Chase agrees to pay a huge sum to settle with investors.
- Russian Arms Dealer Loses US Defense Business
November 15 2013 11:02 AM
With the war in Syria causing diplomatic strain between the U.S. and Russia, arms deals between the two countries are souring too.
- Peer-To-Peer Is The New Bank Loan
November 14 2013 5:08 PM
Peer-to-peer lending might be the solution to the problem of banks not lending to small businesses and consumers.
- BAE Systems - Another Huge UK Shipbuilding Job Cut
November 14 2013 9:28 AM
After 500 U.K. shipbuilding years, the industry has suffered another blow as nearly 1,800 jobs are cut, perhaps signalling the industry's end.
- Everything You Need To Know About US' Small Businesses
November 13 2013 4:23 PM
Small businesses have had a tough time recently with many finding it hard to survive. Here are 14 things you need to know about small businesses.
- Judge Criticizes DOJ For Not Prosecuting Individuals
November 13 2013 7:52 AM
As the statute of limitations expires for crimes committed during the financial crisis, Judge Rakoff releases a letter condemning the DOJ.
- EBRD Region Is Growing Slower Than Expected
November 12 2013 2:30 PM
A report from the EBRD says that eastern Europe's economy is rebounding but may suffer if Russia continues its downward spiral.
- America's Most Economically Volatile Cities
November 12 2013 10:02 AM
A report by PEW looks at what happened to American cities during and after the great recession.
- Twitter Shares - Shariah-Compatible: Islamic Finance Watchdog
November 11 2013 4:57 PM
The firm that decides which companies are Shariah-compliant has OK'd Twitter and opened the door for Islamic investment.
- British Banks - Let The London Cyber War Games Begin
November 11 2013 11:41 AM
After a plethora of online attacks on high profile companies and governments, British banks are taking part in cyber war games for protection.
- Philippine Typhoon Damage May Reach $14 Billion
November 11 2013 8:34 AM
President Aquino III has said that the government will use 23 billion pesos ($533 million) to help immediate salvage and rebuilding operations.
- Why Did Twitter's IPO Do So Well?
November 09 2013 4:41 PM
Eighteen months after the Facebook IPO calamity, Twitter steps up and shows them how it's done.
- Iran Sanctions Not To Be Lifted Anytime Soon
November 09 2013 4:08 PM
After years of sanctions Iran is getting closer to having them lifted, all while trying to trade oil for produce with China.
- Kazakhstan Has Received Billions In Development Funds
November 08 2013 8:56 AM
Since 1993 Kazakhstan has received nearly $7 billion in development funds from the EBRD despite not being part of the continent.
- Who Is Max Keiser?
November 06 2013 12:36 PM
After the outspoken financial commentator talked about Bitcoin on a BBC news show, the price of the digital currency went sky-high.
- Is Money The Key To Happiness? Report Says It Helps
November 06 2013 6:14 AM
As the effects of the 2008 global financial crisis fade, an OECD report charts happiness levels from the period.
- Barclays Injunction Means Good News For Somalia
November 05 2013 5:18 PM
A humanitarian disaster is avoided after a court tells Barclays it must continue to transfer money to Somalia despite terrorism fears.
- European Banks On Debt-Reduction Diet
November 05 2013 10:51 AM
After five years of misery, European banks are getting back in shape by shedding trillions in assets.
- Where Does Somali-Pirate Ransom Money Go?
November 04 2013 3:58 PM
The roughly $400 million in ransom taken in from 2005 to 2012 helped fuel the local economy -- and more terrorism.