- ‘I Have The Right To Say No’
September 15 2014 8:59 PM
“Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts refused to show a cop her ID, and California law may be on her side.
- When A Major Newspaper Doesn’t Get Twitter
September 15 2014 12:53 PM
The Times of India tweets about the cleavage of a Bollywood actress, then tells her to take it as a compliment.
- NFL Acknowledges Brain Damage Risk For The Players
September 12 2014 10:01 PM
Finishing off a week of public relations debacles, the NFL quietly acknowledged its players are at increased risk of brain damage.
- Airbnb Critics Launch Blistering Attack Ad In NYC
September 12 2014 7:13 PM
Share Better, a coalition of officials and housing organizations, is determined to keep Airbnb out of New York City.
- The Name 'ISIS' Is Already Taken, By The US Government
September 12 2014 6:23 PM
It turns out the U.S. Air Force has a program called ISIS, which stands for Integrated Sensor is Structure. Now what?
- $10K To Work For Free? It’s Happening
September 12 2014 11:37 AM
With legal questions surrounding unpaid internships, placement firms like Dream Careers are getting a second look.
- Ex-Intern Drops Suit Against Letterman; Can We Blame Her?
September 11 2014 12:45 PM
A former unpaid intern for David Letterman now says she was duped into pursuing litigation.
- ‘Dolphin Rape Cave’ Sparks Student Backlash
September 09 2014 1:24 PM
NYC's SVA is defending its students’ free-speech rights following a backlash over a photo called “Dolphin Rape Cave.”
- Chuck Todd Lifts Long-Suffering ‘Meet The Press’
September 09 2014 11:19 AM
NBC’s Sunday-morning news show saw a ratings jump with the debut of Chuck Todd, who grilled President Obama.
- Pa. Town Repeals Domestic Violence ‘Nuisance’ Law
September 08 2014 5:09 PM
Following an ACLU lawsuit, Norristown, Pa., repealed a law that branded domestic violence victims as nuisances.
- Microsoft Yanks Bing Widget Following Getty Lawsuit
September 08 2014 11:57 AM
Getty Images wasn’t too happy about a Microsoft widget that allowed users to create Bing-curated image galleries.
- Can The Air Force Make Airmen Say ‘So Help Me God’?
September 05 2014 4:17 PM
An atheist group is threatening legal action after an Air Force member said he was denied re-enlistment for omitting “so help me God.”
- GoFundMe And The Myth Of ‘Neutral Platforms’
September 05 2014 1:24 PM
Pressured to remove a fundraiser for Officer Darren Wilson, GoFundMe played the neutral card. It was a convenient excuse.
- Critics On Twitter Blame Karma For Rivers’ Death
September 04 2014 5:12 PM
Following news of Joan Rivers’ death, Twitter was swarmed with apparent experts in Eastern mysticism.
- Your Turn, Boston
September 03 2014 5:32 PM
Now that NYC’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade has lifted its antiquated ban on LGBT marchers, will organizers in Boston follow?
- GoFundMe Halts Campaign For Accused Rapist Cop
September 03 2014 1:37 PM
In an about-face, GoFundMe has pulled the plug on a campaign collecting money for an Oklahoma City cop accused of rape.
- Ferguson Cop Supporters Halt GoFundMe Donations
September 02 2014 8:00 PM
With more than $432,000 in hand, efforts to raise money for Darren Wilson have run into legal questions.
- Chicago Mayor Received $100K From Comcast Before Boosting Merger
September 02 2014 4:17 PM
Bragging that Rahm Emanuel supports its merger with TWC, Comcast failed to mention its numerous campaign contributions.
- The Best Labor Day Party Ideas 2014
August 29 2014 4:26 PM
Planning a Labor Day party shouldn’t be laborious. IBTimes culls the best end-of-summer party ideas for 2014.
- Turn Viral Videos Into GoFundMe Cash
August 29 2014 1:57 PM
The road from viral news event to GoFundMe campaign is shrinking, and the piles of money are growing.