Articles by Christopher Zara
- Unpaid ‘Sleep No More’ Interns Speak Out
December 07 2013 8:29 AM
In response to an IBTimes report earlier this week, former unpaid interns for the commercially successful production “Sleep No More” shared some of their backstage experiences.
- Paris Hilton Tweet Hoax: Why Were The Media So Quick To Buy It?
December 06 2013 1:33 PM
In spreading a phony quote about Nelson Mandela, Twitter user @DeletedTweets inadvertently proved the powerful allure of the almighty screenshot.
- French Horns: The Bloody Battle To End Bullfighting In France
December 06 2013 11:05 AM
With clashes turning violent in southern France, could a simple tourist boycott be the coup de grace for a centuries-old blood sport?
- NY's Ultra-Trendy 'Sleep No More' - 'Macbeth' With Unpaid Labor
December 03 2013 2:32 PM
Though offered no pay, the smash hit's interns are asked to work six shows weekly and ensure the safety of audience and performers.
- GoldieBlox Fights Beastie Boys On Fair Use Rights
November 25 2013 5:29 PM
GoldieBlox Inc., which encourages girls to become engineers, used an unlicensed parody of a Beastie Boys song in its commercial. Is it a social statement or copyright theft?
- Grieving Brian Griffin Fans Lash Out At Seth MacFarlane
November 25 2013 4:07 PM
Legions of angry “Family Guy” fans took to Twitter on Monday, attacking creator Seth MacFarlane for killing off the beloved character Brian the dog.
- Can A New Music Magazine Succeed?
November 21 2013 5:07 PM
A pioneer in online music journalism is entering old-media territory with a quarterly magazine called The Pitchfork Review.
- Microsoft vs. Google, Holiday Edition - Scroogled Merchandise
November 21 2013 2:08 PM
Buying a gift for that privacy enthusiast in your life? “Scroogled” gear arrives just in time for the holidays.
- Vicious Bachman Haters Bully The Wrong Bachman
November 20 2013 2:34 PM
A frightened grad student became the target of death threats and insults after she was mistaken on Twitter for the controversial lion hunter Melissa Bachman.
- Christianity Extinct In A Generation? Here's Where It Could Happen
November 19 2013 5:12 PM
Religious populations are aging in the U.K., and a former Archbishop of Canterbury said Saturday that the church could go extinct if it doesn’t attract more young people.
- Fed-Up Writers To Publishers: There Is No Free Lunch
November 19 2013 1:48 PM
The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain is the latest group to launch a campaign telling writers not to work without pay.
- Livid Twitter Users Wish Death On Smiling Lion Killer
November 18 2013 7:02 PM
Melissa Bachman, a controversial game hunter, found herself the target of death wishes and obscenity-laced insults after she bragged of killing a lion in South Africa.
- Downloading Rape Porn Could Mean Prison For Brits
November 18 2013 3:04 PM
U.K. lawmakers are banning the possession of pornographic images that depict simulated rape, but some say the law goes too far.
- Misogynistic School Speaker Had Ties To Gay Conversion Group
November 15 2013 5:44 PM
Justin Lookadoo, whose gender-stereotyping lecture at a Texas high school brought outrage this week, has been linked to the ex-gay organization Exodus International.
- This Godless Church Is Too Churchy For Some Atheists
November 15 2013 2:09 PM
The Sunday Assembly, a growing congregation, wants to spread positivity without God, but it’s leaving some atheists in a state of disbelief.
- Is Time Inc. The Next Huffington Post?
November 14 2013 3:18 PM
Norman Pearlstine, CCO of Time, likes the Forbes-style contributor model, which relies on content created by unpaid or low-paid bloggers.
- Big-Box Stores Take Heat For Thanksgiving Day Openings
November 13 2013 2:44 PM
Boycott efforts are underway to stop companies like Wal-Mart, Target and Macy’s from offering Black Friday deals on Thanksgiving.
- The Tweet That Could Cost Spike Lee $25,000
November 12 2013 5:49 PM
In March 2012, the “Do the Right Thing” director erroneously retweeted an address that belonged to an elderly Central Florida couple, not George Zimmerman.
- In Wake Of Tragedy, Rock Fans Discover Yellow Dogs
November 12 2013 1:47 PM
New fans are discovering the music of the Iranian rock band the Yellow Dogs after two members were fatally shot in a Brooklyn apartment.
- ‘Transgender Bathroom Law’ Could Be Repealed
November 11 2013 5:41 PM
A conservative group says it collected more than 600,000 signatures to repeal a California law aimed at protecting transgender students.