- Some Teen Spirit Deodorant To Go With That Nirvana Video?
September 29 2014 5:45 PM
Universal Music Group announced a deal Monday that would allow retroactive product placement in some of its videos.
- UK Lawmakers Legalize ‘Funny’ Parodies
September 29 2014 4:06 PM
Under an amendment to UK copyright law, parodies may be deemed illegitimate if individual judges find them unfunny.
- GoFundMe Threatens Lawsuit Against Civil Rights Group
September 29 2014 12:57 PM
A lawyer for GoFundMe accused the group Color of Change of a “smear campaign” intent of defaming its name.
- Thom Yorke Drops Surprise Album On BitTorrent
September 26 2014 1:03 PM
Radiohead’s Thom Yorke surprised fans Friday with a new album released via BitTorrent Bundle.
- Meet The New Republican Host Who Has Liberals Smitten
September 26 2014 11:39 AM
Former Bush communications chief Nicolle Wallace debuted on ABC’s retooled “The View” this month, and “libs” love her.
- ‘Black-ish’ Draws Eyeballs For ABC
September 25 2014 4:01 PM
Buoyed by positive reviews and a flurry of Twitter chatter, the new sitcom “Black-ish” pulled strong viewership for ABC.
- Redskins ‘Hate Speech’ Has No Place On Airways, Critic Tells FCC
September 25 2014 1:21 PM
An activist law professor is petitioning the FCC to deny a broadcast license renewal to Redskins owner Dan Snyder.
- No More Mr. Nice Comcast
September 24 2014 5:23 PM
In a blistering FCC filing, Comcast accused its many opponents of extortion, a charge critics called “absurd.”
- Filming On Federal Land? It’ll Cost You
September 24 2014 1:46 PM
A proposed rule would require permits to film in forests, but press advocates say the government is barking up the wrong tree.
- Fire Destroys Mike Brown Memorial In Ferguson
September 23 2014 4:24 PM
The cause of an early-morning blaze that destroyed a Mike Brown memorial is under investigation, but residents are suspicious.
- ‘There Is No Place For Hate In Pennsylvania’
September 23 2014 1:54 PM
A bill to expand Pennsylvania’s hate crime laws has broad support, but Republicans are accused of foot-dragging.
- Gender Equality Is 'A Human Rights Issue'
September 22 2014 11:23 AM
In a United Nations speech, the “Harry Potter” actress Emma Watson said more men and boys should fight for gender equality.
- Meet The Hero Restaurant Owner Who’s Beating Yelp
September 19 2014 4:35 PM
Davide Cerretini said he is just trying to make a point about Yelp, but his one-star reviews are something entirely more brilliant.
- Thousands Expected For NYC Climate Change March
September 19 2014 11:48 AM
Sunday’s event, taking place ahead of the U.N. Climate Change Summit 2014, may be the largest of its kind.
- Yelp Warfare Is More Common Than You Think
September 18 2014 5:13 PM
Businesses at the center of unwanted media attention often find their Yelp pages trashed. Can Yelp do anything to stop it?
- Don't Wear A Dress In Texas
September 18 2014 12:29 PM
The state's highest criminal court has overruled privacy laws that ban photos taken for sexual gratification.
- Jay Z Battles Bizarre Lawsuit Over Single Syllable
September 17 2014 5:40 PM
Jay Z is asking a judge to dismiss a copyright lawsuit claiming he illegally sampled the word “Oh.”
- 'Anybody Who Says We’re Not Still Relevant, They’re Wrong'
September 17 2014 2:40 PM
In a gathering that gets smaller every year, about two dozen advocates met on Wednesday for Occupy Wall Street's third anniversary.
- Was Occupy Wall Street A Failure?
September 17 2014 7:36 AM
Occupy Wall Street, which turns three on Wednesday, has fizzled out. But the brand remains, and maybe that was the point.
- ‘I Have The Right To Say No’
September 15 2014 8:59 PM
“Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts refused to show a cop her ID, and California law may be on her side.