Articles by Christopher Zara
- Bayer Should Pay Cleanup Costs From Toxic Pollutants: Group
March 12 2014 4:45 PM
Calling on Bayer AG to take responsibility for PCBs, a German environmental group plans to speak at the company’s annual stockholders’ meeting.
- Arby’s On Jon Stewart’s Beef: ‘We Can Take A Joke’
March 11 2014 7:28 PM
The “Daily Show” host has long ridiculed Arby’s, but the company says it enjoys the conversation sparked by Stewart’s ribbing.
- Here’s How You Can Help Locate Flight 370
March 11 2014 3:24 PM
Using thousands of miles of satellite imagery, DigitalGlobe Inc. has launched a new crowdsourcing campaign to help locate the aircraft.
- What Getty Images Is Trying To Achieve With YouTube-Style Embed Tool
March 06 2014 4:09 PM
For the first time in its history, the notoriously protective stock-photo giant is making its images freely available for noncommercial use.
- Amazon Merchants Say SKU Limits Will Decimate Their Bottom Lines
March 06 2014 10:17 AM
A number of Amazon.com sellers are furious over an abrupt change that limits the number of “novelty” items they’re allowed to sell.
- Thousands Rally To Save Girl’s Pet Rooster
March 05 2014 5:11 PM
A 5-year-old Oregon girl was told by local authorities to get rid of her pet rooster, but thousands of Facebook supporters are calling it a bogus pecking order.
- Vicious Twitter Users Scold NJ Cheerleader Who Sued Her Parents
March 04 2014 4:47 PM
Twitter users are scolding and harassing 18-year-old Rachel Canning, who is suing her parents for college tuition and financial support.
- Why RadioShack Is Closing 1,100 Stores
March 04 2014 1:37 PM
Four weeks after its '80s-themed Super Bowl ad went viral, the Texas-based retailer released grim fourth-quarter earnings. Layoffs are expected.
- Why Facebook And Instagram Are Under Fire For Gun Sales
March 03 2014 5:23 PM
More than 94,000 people have signed a petition calling on Facebook to ban the sale and trade of firearms on the global network.
- Maybe This Is Why Oscar Winners Never Thank God
March 03 2014 1:15 PM
Matthew McConaughey’s shout-out to the almighty in his Best Actor acceptance speech became a public referendum on America’s culture wars.
- The Best Oscar Night Drinking Games 2014
February 28 2014 6:02 PM
IBTimes culls together the best drinking games to keep you toasty for Sunday’s Academy Awards.
- Sarah Jones Oscar Tribute: Is The Academy Even Listening?
February 28 2014 2:44 PM
Supporters of a crew member killed on a film set continue to call on the Academy to add her to the “In Memoriam” segment.
- Will ‘American Hustle’ Win Best Picture? Maybe, But It Shouldn’t
February 28 2014 11:07 AM
Opinion: David Russell’s mediocre period caper has benefited from a buzzy cast and hyped-up Oscar campaign; will the Academy drink the Kool-Aid?
- The Best Oscar Night Party Ideas 2014
February 27 2014 2:30 PM
Push the envelope this year with some of the best Oscar-themed party ideas on the Internet. You are the captain now. Act like it.
- VFX Workers Plan Oscars Protest On Hollywood & Vine
February 26 2014 5:23 PM
Visual effects professionals say aggressive tax subsidies are destroying the industry, and they’re rallying on Sunday to voice their opposition.
- The Oscars’ Biggest Winner? Hollywood’s Economy
February 26 2014 11:25 AM
As part of the area’s lucrative “awards industry,” the event pulls its weight. But why is the Academy looking at the numbers?
- Amazon And The CIA: What Good Can Come Of This?
February 25 2014 6:24 PM
Privacy activists are warning of mass surveillance should Amazon Web Services go through with a cloud computing deal with the spy agency.
- Why Gun Lovers Are Gloating Over Piers Morgan Cancellation
February 24 2014 9:54 AM
Is the British host’s ouster from CNN a personal victory for the pro-gun camp?
- Labor Woes Beset Workers Who Make Oscar Statuettes
February 21 2014 3:17 PM
Far from Hollywood, there's a labor dispute between Teamsters and R.S. Owens in Chicago, where Academy Awards statuettes are manufactured.
- Facebook Is Awash In Bloody Ribbons, Black Profiles
February 20 2014 2:30 PM
Amid a surge of Kiev violence, Ukrainian expats are showing support on social media, as those living at home share firsthand horror stories.