Articles by Christopher Zara
- Harassing Interns Is Now Illegal In NYC
March 27 2014 2:35 PM
The New York City Council on Wednesday voted unanimously to pass a measure aimed at protecting unpaid interns from workplace discrimination.
- Why Al Jazeera America Is Shunning Cable’s Flight 370 Obsession
March 27 2014 11:58 AM
Setting itself apart from CNN and Fox News, the fledgling Al Jazeera America has resisted the urge to fixate on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- Tribeca Film Festival Will Start Paying Its Interns
March 25 2014 6:11 PM
Robert De Niro’s for-profit film event had relied on unpaid labor for more than a decade, but Tribeca Enterprises says that will change this year.
- Can A Corporation Believe In God?
March 25 2014 12:42 PM
The Supreme Court will decide whether large companies can deny employees health coverage for certain contraceptives.
- 'All Lives Are Lost'
March 24 2014 10:55 AM
Malaysia Airlines Monday said the Boeing 777, missing for 16 days, is presumed to have crashed into the southern Indian Ocean with no survivors.
- #NoMakeupSelfie: A Lucrative New Era For Clicktivism?
March 21 2014 4:24 PM
Cancer-research facilities say they have received millions in donations thanks to a viral campaign involving an army of fresh-faced selfies.
- A Marlboro Man For Millennials: Sexy Ads Aim To Hook Young Smokers
March 20 2014 4:59 PM
Flooding billboards in Europe and developing countries, Philip Morris International is seducing a whole new generation of potential addicts.
- Cow-Towing To Big Dairy? Idaho Law Bans Animal-Rights Investigations
March 19 2014 6:14 PM
Critics, including the ACLU of Idaho, call “ag-gag” law a dangerous attack on press freedom, file lawsuit in U.S. District Court.
- Execution Rap Video: Political Statement Or Death Threat?
March 18 2014 6:00 PM
An anti-Islam Dutch politician is reportedly saying he will pursue legal action over a rap video that appears to stage a fictionalized version of his execution.
- Having A ‘March Madness’ Party? Be Careful What You Call It
March 18 2014 3:06 PM
The 2014 NCAA Tournament is underway this week, but terms like “March Madness” and “Final Four” aren’t free for just anyone.
- Is It Too Soon To Joke About Missing Flight 370?
March 17 2014 5:21 PM
As the families of more than 200 people grieve for their missing loved ones, the mysterious nature of MH370’s disappearance has made it open season for some comedians and quipsters.
- Sponsor Logos Vanish From Boston St. Patrick's Parade Website In Gay Rights Flap
March 14 2014 4:03 PM
Following flap over LGBT exclusion, Sam Adams beer isn’t the only local company distancing itself from Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Sulzberger ‘Shocked’ By Washington Post Sale To Jeff Bezos
March 13 2014 2:50 PM
The Times publisher said the cash sale of his Beltway rival sent shock waves across the New York Times Co.
- Bayer Should Pay Cleanup Costs From Toxic Pollutants: Group
March 12 2014 4:45 PM
Calling on Bayer AG to take responsibility for PCBs, a German environmental group plans to speak at the company’s annual stockholders’ meeting.
- Arby’s On Jon Stewart’s Beef: ‘We Can Take A Joke’
March 11 2014 7:28 PM
The “Daily Show” host has long ridiculed Arby’s, but the company says it enjoys the conversation sparked by Stewart’s ribbing.
- Here’s How You Can Help Locate Flight 370
March 11 2014 3:24 PM
Using thousands of miles of satellite imagery, DigitalGlobe Inc. has launched a new crowdsourcing campaign to help locate the aircraft.
- What Getty Images Is Trying To Achieve With YouTube-Style Embed Tool
March 06 2014 4:09 PM
For the first time in its history, the notoriously protective stock-photo giant is making its images freely available for noncommercial use.
- Amazon Merchants Say SKU Limits Will Decimate Their Bottom Lines
March 06 2014 10:17 AM
A number of Amazon.com sellers are furious over an abrupt change that limits the number of “novelty” items they’re allowed to sell.
- Thousands Rally To Save Girl’s Pet Rooster
March 05 2014 5:11 PM
A 5-year-old Oregon girl was told by local authorities to get rid of her pet rooster, but thousands of Facebook supporters are calling it a bogus pecking order.
- Vicious Twitter Users Scold NJ Cheerleader Who Sued Her Parents
March 04 2014 4:47 PM
Twitter users are scolding and harassing 18-year-old Rachel Canning, who is suing her parents for college tuition and financial support.