- Right-Wing Filmmaker Blames Google For Box-Office Woes
July 09 2014 12:54 PM
Dinesh D’Souza’s latest documentary, “America,” is underperforming, and the filmmakers are calling for better search results.
- Copycats Chase Kickstarter Potato Salad Gold Rush
July 08 2014 4:10 PM
Would-be cooks are storming the Kickstarter kitchen after an Ohio man raised more than $52,000 to make potato salad.
- Sorry, ‘Opie & Anthony’ Fans: Shock Jocks Are Obsolete
July 08 2014 12:27 PM
A vociferous boycott effort over Anthony Cumia’s firing is likely to have little effect on satellite-radio company SiriusXM.
- Facebook Policy Gets Teen Hunter's Photos Zapped
July 07 2014 2:36 PM
Company says Kendall Jones’ safari images promote poaching of endangered species.
- World Cup Drinking Games: France vs. Germany Edition
July 03 2014 5:00 PM
Kick off your soccer viewing with booze on Friday, as the World Cup 2014 enters the quarter-finals.
- A Cynical Look At Burger King’s Pride Whopper
July 03 2014 2:36 PM
The fast-food giant’s viral video was less about inclusion than about selling burgers.
- Twitter Sued Over Spammy Texts
July 02 2014 4:06 PM
A class-action lawsuit accuses Twitter of sending illegal texts to recycled phone numbers without the owners’ consent.
- Happy Fourth, Americans — Big Oil Hates You
July 02 2014 11:03 AM
With a crowdfunding campaign, environmentalists hope to air an anti-Exxon commercial nationally over the holiday weekend.
- TV Production Is Just Peachy In Atlanta
July 01 2014 4:17 PM
Aggressive tax breaks and a diverse terrain have made the southeastern U.S. city a more attractive destination for TV producers.
- Could Facebook Get Sued By 700,000 Lab Rats?
June 30 2014 7:07 PM
Some users feel violated after learning they were part of a secret study, but a legal challenge would be tricky.
- 'Limited' Hobby Lobby Ruling May Have Broad Consequences
June 30 2014 3:19 PM
The government is likely to subsidize contraceptives, but Justice Ginsberg predicts a wave of religious freedom claims.
- Rise in Fireworks-Related Injuries Nothing To Celebrate
June 27 2014 3:59 PM
Despite the worrisome statistics, illegal displays are often touted as tradition.
- When Conservatives Talk Rape Culture
June 26 2014 5:29 PM
A group dubbed “anti-feminist” by its critics is addressing rape culture and public policies to deal with it.
- What’s The Deal With World Cup Fever?
June 26 2014 12:17 PM
Americans are watching the World Cup in record numbers. Here’s why.
- Barnes & Noble Finally Breaks Up With Nook
June 25 2014 1:14 PM
Company’s e-reader business spinning off retail; will Nook table displays remain?
- Merger Critic Blasts AT&T’s ‘Spotty’ Record At Antitrust Hearing
June 24 2014 5:48 PM
CEOs for AT&T and DirecTV made their case to antitrust policymakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
- USA-Portugal Match A Record For ESPN
June 24 2014 11:18 AM
Sunday’s 2-2 game may be the most-watched soccer match ever on American television.
- Honda Tells Narcolepsy Sufferers They ‘Shouldn’t Be Driving’
June 23 2014 11:51 AM
Commercial featuring a narcolepsy joke has been set to “private” on YouTube following complaints by people with the condition.
- The New LinkedIn Feature That’s Driving Users Nuts
June 20 2014 5:35 PM
The social network is expanding its long-form publishing tool, but not everyone wants to know when their connections use it.
- TV Mines Its Own Past -- Again
June 20 2014 1:24 PM
Lifetime’s upcoming TV movie will chronicle the backstage drama of a 1990s favorite.