Articles by Christopher Zara
- Redditors Fight Back Against YouTube Google+ Integration
November 11 2013 12:23 PM
Thousands of angry Reddit users descended on a Google products forum Monday, demanding the right to comment anonymously on YouTube.
- Millennials Get An Opera, But Will They Tweet About It?
November 08 2013 8:18 PM
“Two Boys,” a tale of teenage angst and online deception, is luring young people to the Met Opera. Will they come back?
- Republicans Refuse To Accept Obama’s 'Non-Apology'
November 08 2013 3:05 PM
Asked about gaps in the new health care law, President Obama responded with a perfectly reasoned expression of regret. And then the right pounced.
- California Bullfighting Academy Has Animal-Lovers Seeing Red
November 08 2013 10:25 AM
Bullfighting is illegal in the U.S. Teaching it is not. Animal-rights advocates want to change that.
- ‘Star Wars’ Acting Hopefuls Pester Casting Agent Off Facebook
November 07 2013 12:22 PM
A casting Facebook page for what is believed to be the next “Star Wars” movie couldn’t handle the volume of actors beseeching it with questions.
- Anti-Rape Underwear: Safety Measure Or Victim-Blaming?
November 06 2013 6:35 PM
An Indiegogo campaign is raising $50,000 to produce a line of rape-resistant garments, but some say it misses the point.
- $15 Minimum Wage: SeaTac Vote Could Spark National Dialogue
November 06 2013 1:02 PM
Voters in the small Washington state town of SeaTac approved the country’s highest minimum wage on Tuesday. Could the nation follow?
- Disney Q4 Earnings Preview: Will The Mouse Roar Again?
November 06 2013 9:21 AM
Boosted by ESPN ratings, theme-park attendance and the blockbuster “Monsters University,” the Walt Disney Company on Thursday is expected to report strong Q4 2013 results.
- Ratings-Wise, Can Things Get Any Worse At CNN?
November 05 2013 12:25 PM
Bogged down by Obamacare coverage, CNN netted its lowest prime-time viewership since August 2012.
- LAX Shooting Suspect, Like Others, Left Few Digital Footprints
November 04 2013 4:46 PM
Paul Ciancia's generation lives on Facebook/Twitter, but like other young men accused of mass violence, he had little interest in social media.
- Who Owns New York City Now?
November 04 2013 12:27 PM
As Bill de Blasio and Joe Lhota square off, meet the lobbyists and special interests staking their claim in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Ray Kelly Booed Off College Campus: Liberal Intolerance Run Amok?
October 30 2013 5:07 PM
Conservatives say an unruly protest at Brown University is indicative of liberal intolerance on college campuses. Critics counter that Ray Kelly’s lecture was tantamount to an endorsement of stop and frisk.
- Thomson Reuters CEO Touts Growth, Announces Layoffs
October 30 2013 12:44 PM
In a memo to staff on Tuesday, Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith announced 3,000 layoffs shortly after boasting that the company is “back on a solid footing.”
- The Best Halloween Party Ideas 2013
October 29 2013 7:02 PM
IBTimes scares up some of the best Halloween party ideas for kids, teens, adults and everyone else.
- Health Advocates Blast McDonald’s For Exploiting Children’s Charity
October 29 2013 3:25 PM
The fast-food giant McDonald’s Corp. uses its charitable organization largely as a means of marketing to children and deflecting criticism, health advocates charge.
- From Screen To Stage: ‘Big Fish’ And The New Broadway Ecosystem
October 24 2013 9:09 AM
Can Broadway keep borrowing from Hollywood without losing its cultural cache? The musical adaptation of Tim Burton’s whimsical 2003 film may provide a clue.
- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Europeans Have A Gun Problem Too; They Just Can’t Talk About It
October 22 2013 6:05 PM
Tired of being drowned out by America’s deafening gun debate, the European Commission on Monday said it’s time to get serious about illegal firearms in Europe.
- Ribbon Ruse: Pinkwashing Chemicals Does Little For Breast Cancer Research
October 22 2013 3:21 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness Month was cooked up by a multinational chemical company. It’s now one of the most successful marketing campaigns on earth.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.