- No, Comcast Is Not The Fastest Internet In The Country
July 18 2014 2:27 PM
The now-infamous phone rep who wouldn’t let Ryan Block cancel his Comcast account wasn’t just pushy. He was lying.
- Why Would Time Warner Turn Down $80B?
July 16 2014 2:43 PM
Amid consolidation mania, a merger for Time Warner is likely, but not everyone wants to work for Rupert Murdoch.
- FCC Extends Net Neutrality Comment Period
July 15 2014 4:59 PM
It's not too late to comment on the future of net neutrality: After its website crashed, the FCC extended the online comment period through Friday.
- Cancel Comcast? Good Luck With That
July 15 2014 3:00 PM
Cable customers may be ready to cut the cord, but companies aren’t ready to let them.
- Shunned By Dad, A Pansexual Student Turns To The Crowd
July 14 2014 5:34 PM
After her parents allegedly cut her off, a University of Pittsburgh student launched a GoFundMe campaign to pay for tuition.
- Archie Takes A Bullet To Save Gay Friend
July 14 2014 12:45 PM
In a decisive statement on gun violence, Archie Comics will kill off its title character -- but there's more to the story.
- Real Santa Claus Speaks Out Against NYC’s Costumed Pests
July 13 2014 12:15 PM
In a rare July interview, Santa Claus (yes, it’s his real name) said lawmakers need to take costumed panhandlers seriously.
- Beautiful! Lupita Nyong’o Saves Vogue From Magocalypse 2014
July 11 2014 3:02 PM
Forget Kimye: Single-copy sales of the Lupita Nyong'o cover of Vogue are up despite a major disruption in magazine distribution.
- Costumed Characters Terrorize NYC Tourists
July 10 2014 1:59 PM
Lawmakers mull legislation to combat rogue Elmos and Minnies, but copyright and First Amendment questions loom.
- Right-Wing Filmmaker Blames Google For Box-Office Woes
July 09 2014 12:54 PM
Dinesh D’Souza’s latest documentary, “America,” is underperforming, and the filmmakers are calling for better search results.
- Copycats Chase Kickstarter Potato Salad Gold Rush
July 08 2014 4:10 PM
Would-be cooks are storming the Kickstarter kitchen after an Ohio man raised more than $52,000 to make potato salad.
- Sorry, ‘Opie & Anthony’ Fans: Shock Jocks Are Obsolete
July 08 2014 12:27 PM
A vociferous boycott effort over Anthony Cumia’s firing is likely to have little effect on satellite-radio company SiriusXM.
- Facebook Policy Gets Teen Hunter's Photos Zapped
July 07 2014 2:36 PM
Company says Kendall Jones’ safari images promote poaching of endangered species.
- World Cup Drinking Games: France vs. Germany Edition
July 03 2014 5:00 PM
Kick off your soccer viewing with booze on Friday, as the World Cup 2014 enters the quarter-finals.
- A Cynical Look At Burger King’s Pride Whopper
July 03 2014 2:36 PM
The fast-food giant’s viral video was less about inclusion than about selling burgers.
- Twitter Sued Over Spammy Texts
July 02 2014 4:06 PM
A class-action lawsuit accuses Twitter of sending illegal texts to recycled phone numbers without the owners’ consent.
- Happy Fourth, Americans — Big Oil Hates You
July 02 2014 11:03 AM
With a crowdfunding campaign, environmentalists hope to air an anti-Exxon commercial nationally over the holiday weekend.
- TV Production Is Just Peachy In Atlanta
July 01 2014 4:17 PM
Aggressive tax breaks and a diverse terrain have made the southeastern U.S. city a more attractive destination for TV producers.
- Could Facebook Get Sued By 700,000 Lab Rats?
June 30 2014 7:07 PM
Some users feel violated after learning they were part of a secret study, but a legal challenge would be tricky.
- 'Limited' Hobby Lobby Ruling May Have Broad Consequences
June 30 2014 3:19 PM
The government is likely to subsidize contraceptives, but Justice Ginsberg predicts a wave of religious freedom claims.