Articles by Christopher Zara
- As Social Media Grows, Social Spam Soars
October 03 2013 2:45 PM
Social media spam grew by 355 percent for the first half of 2013, according to a new report from the security-tech company Nexgate.
- A Toothless ‘Revenge Porn’ Law Leaves Out Selfies
October 02 2013 6:36 PM
A new California law meant to combat revenge porn only applies to photos taken by the perpetrator.
- Skepticism Surrounds Occupy Wall Street Visa Card
October 02 2013 5:17 PM
An offshoot of the Occupy Wall Street movement is hoping to launch a prepaid debit card, but will the 99% accept it?
- Bill Would Stop US Congress From Getting Paid During Shutdown
October 01 2013 4:23 PM
As Democrats and Republicans point fingers over the government shutdown, Rep. Rick Nolan wants to withhold their salaries.
- Obamacare Websites Riddled With Glitches, And Both Sides Claim Victory
October 01 2013 11:56 AM
Hours into the launch of the online healthcare exchanges, widespread glitches are being reported. Is this the result of government ineptitude or overwhelming demand?
- LGBT Actors Still Worry About Gay Stigma
September 30 2013 5:50 PM
Despite the increased prevalence of openly gay actors like “Star Trek’s” Zachary Quinto, many LGBT performers still worry that coming out will hurt their careers.
- Hunting Show Slain After Host Shoots Elephant In The Face
September 30 2013 2:03 PM
NBC Sports and the Outdoor Channel have both dropped the NRA-sponsored “Under Wild Skies,” which aired an episode in which its host, Tony Makris, killed an African elephant.
- The Best ‘Breaking Bad’ Party Ideas
September 27 2013 10:21 PM
Grab the Funyuns and some blue rock candy and watch Walter White’s final hour in style. IBTimes culls together some of the best “Breaking Bad” party ideas on the Web. Be the danger.
- Backlash Against Vengeful Texter Reveals Folly Of Online Reviews
September 27 2013 2:36 PM
After her text-breakup revenge story went viral, a Washington gadabout saw her memoir critically savaged. Should Amazon care?
- Gchat Horror: Google Sends Private Messages To The Wrong People
September 26 2013 1:14 PM
Users of Google’s Gchat service were startled late Wednesday when their private messages were sent to the wrong recipients.
- FBI: We Had ‘No Investigative Interest’ In Michael Hastings
September 25 2013 5:48 PM
On its website, the FBI posted what it maintains is the only reference to journalist Michael Hastings, who believed he was being investigated at the time of his death.
- Catholic Fringe Group: Girls Don’t Belong In College
September 25 2013 3:58 PM
After telling parents not to send their daughters to college, Raylan Alleman, founder of Fix the Family, is receiving a harsh blowback.
- Defund Obamacare Tweeters Slam Those Opposing Cruz
September 25 2013 12:08 PM
As Sen. Cruz filibuster continued, thousands of Twitter supporters beseeched their senators telling them to defund the Affordable Care Act.
- Will Zoos Ever Set Elephants Free?
September 25 2013 5:43 AM
The zoo industry just finished an unprecedented three-year study on elephant welfare, but animal-rights groups worry it could mean an even longer prison sentence for captive elephants.
- NFL’s Nonprofit Status Is A Kick In The Teeth To Taxpayers, Says Petition
September 24 2013 1:19 PM
Despite overseeing a $9.5 billion industry, the National Football League is classified as a nonprofit trade association. Is that fair?
- Conservatives Irate Over Kenya Headlines Neglecting Islam
September 23 2013 5:26 PM
Based on a cursory review of 10 newspapers, the right-wing watchdog Media Research Center has determined that journalists are purposely avoiding the word “Islam” in reports about the Kenya mall attack.
- Following Emmy Snub, Jack Klugman Fans Rally Around His Son
September 23 2013 12:57 PM
Adam Klugman wasn’t too thrilled with the TV Academy for paying tribute to Cory Monteith over his father. Jack Klugman’s fans agree.
- The Host With No Ghosts: Why NPH Is Impervious To Controversy
September 22 2013 8:12 AM
No matter what the debate, Neil Patrick Harris, who hosts the 2013 Emmy Awards show on Sunday, always comes out on top.
- Emmy Awards Drinking Games 2013
September 20 2013 6:15 PM
Sit back, relax and toss back a few cocktails to celebrate television’s biggest night: the Primetime Emmy Awards show. The IBTimes pulls together some of the best drinking games on the Web.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.