Articles by Christopher Zara
- This Was CNN: With ‘Crossfire’ Fading, Jeff Zucker Could Have A Problem
September 19 2013 6:18 PM
Ratings continue to struggle at the once-pioneering cable news network, despite high hopes for recent additions such as “Crossfire” and “New Day.” Can anyone turn things around?
- Pro-Life Group Cries Censorship Over Deleted BuzzFeed Listicle
September 19 2013 2:46 PM
Personhood USA, a Christian activist group, posted an anti-Planned Parenthood listicle, but BuzzFeed took it down amid a flurry of criticism.
- McDonald’s Fights To Enter A Town That Doesn’t Want It
September 18 2013 5:40 PM
The chain plans to build even as activists from an Australian town fly nearly 10,000 miles to hand deliver a petition telling it to stay out.
- Taliban Gains Twitter Followers After Claiming Assassination
September 18 2013 12:21 PM
The Taliban’s Twitter account gained followers and much ridicule after a tweet in which it claimed responsibility for killing an Afghan official.
- Did Occupy Wall Street Fail? Don’t Be So Sure
September 17 2013 6:09 PM
Demonstrators in Zuccotti Park said the movement still matters, but they expressed frustration over an ongoing lack of cohesion and leadership.
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- Racists Shamed Off Twitter Following Ignorant Miss America Insults
September 16 2013 3:47 PM
After their racially charged tweets about Nina Davuluri went viral, several Twitter users have deleted their accounts in the wake of a public shaming campaign.
- Green Marketing Without Greenwashing: What Advertisers Need To Know
September 16 2013 1:42 PM
Is your company making deceptive environmental claims? A new report aims to help marketers understand recent updates to the FTC’s “Green Guides.”
- Easy Money: Is GoFundMe Too Lax For Its Own Good?
September 14 2013 12:22 PM
With its loose guidelines, GoFundMe urges users to donate only to people they know and trust. But doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of crowd-funding?
- The Best Friday The 13th Drinking Games 2013
September 13 2013 12:30 PM
Get lucky this Friday the 13th with the Internet’s best drinking games and party ideas aimed at the most unfortunate day of the year.
- Privacy Vs. Tech: Opinions Divided Over Google’s Street View Legal Defeat
September 12 2013 5:44 PM
A lawsuit against Google will go forward after a judge ruled scooping up Wi-Fi transmissions for Street View wasn't protected by the Wiretap Act.
- Philip Morris: Tobacco-Hating European Union Is A Real Drag
September 12 2013 3:14 PM
Health officials in Europe blasted Philip Morris for lobbying against stricter smoking laws, but the company says it must defend its industry.
- Beast Out: Tina Brown Flees Digital Media For Live Events
September 11 2013 5:51 PM
Editor-in-chief Tina Brown said Wednesday that she is leaving the Daily Beast to expand her Women of the World summits.
- Defiant Bikers Storm DC, Join Benghazi Rally On 9/11
September 11 2013 2:35 PM
Despite being denied an event permit, a large group of “patriotic” motorcyclists rode into Washington Wednesday to honor victims of 9/11.
- Bayer The Bee Killer? Chemical Giant Fights Europe’s Pesticide Ban
September 09 2013 8:31 PM
As bee populations crash, Bayer CropScience is challenging Europe’s recent ban on a class of pesticides believed to be a factor.
- Will Politico Ruin Capital New York? Don’t Bet On It
September 09 2013 1:45 PM
The sale of Capital New York to the D.C. powerhouse Politico achieved that rare feat of getting media circles to agree on something.
- EU On Syria: ‘Clear And Strong’ Response Needed, But Not Yet
September 07 2013 5:25 PM
The EU’s Catherine Ashton told foreign ministers Saturday the alleged chemical-weapons attack in Syria demands a “clear and strong” response.
- Twitter To Dennis Rodman: Just Stay In North Korea
September 07 2013 3:03 PM
Former NBA great Dennis Rodman is taking heat on social media after yet another trip to North Korea, where he spent quality time with his “friend for life,” Kim Jong-un.
- Following Criticism, Cory Booker May Step Down From Waywire Board
September 07 2013 1:02 PM
The New Jersey Senate candidate is reported to be quitting the board of a video-sharing startup.
- Tony Abbott Wins, Kevin Rudd Loses In Australian Elections
September 07 2013 11:01 AM
Australia’s Labor Party won in a landslide as voters returned the conservative coalition to power.