- A Cynical Look At Burger King’s Pride Whopper
July 03 2014 2:36 PM
The fast-food giant’s viral video was less about inclusion than about selling burgers.
- Twitter Sued Over Spammy Texts
July 02 2014 4:06 PM
A class-action lawsuit accuses Twitter of sending illegal texts to recycled phone numbers without the owners’ consent.
- Happy Fourth, Americans — Big Oil Hates You
July 02 2014 11:03 AM
With a crowdfunding campaign, environmentalists hope to air an anti-Exxon commercial nationally over the holiday weekend.
- TV Production Is Just Peachy In Atlanta
July 01 2014 4:17 PM
Aggressive tax breaks and a diverse terrain have made the southeastern U.S. city a more attractive destination for TV producers.
- Could Facebook Get Sued By 700,000 Lab Rats?
June 30 2014 7:07 PM
Some users feel violated after learning they were part of a secret study, but a legal challenge would be tricky.
- 'Limited' Hobby Lobby Ruling May Have Broad Consequences
June 30 2014 3:19 PM
The government is likely to subsidize contraceptives, but Justice Ginsberg predicts a wave of religious freedom claims.
- Rise in Fireworks-Related Injuries Nothing To Celebrate
June 27 2014 3:59 PM
Despite the worrisome statistics, illegal displays are often touted as tradition.
- When Conservatives Talk Rape Culture
June 26 2014 5:29 PM
A group dubbed “anti-feminist” by its critics is addressing rape culture and public policies to deal with it.
- What’s The Deal With World Cup Fever?
June 26 2014 12:17 PM
Americans are watching the World Cup in record numbers. Here’s why.
- Barnes & Noble Finally Breaks Up With Nook
June 25 2014 1:14 PM
Company’s e-reader business spinning off retail; will Nook table displays remain?
- Merger Critic Blasts AT&T’s ‘Spotty’ Record At Antitrust Hearing
June 24 2014 5:48 PM
CEOs for AT&T and DirecTV made their case to antitrust policymakers on Capitol Hill Tuesday.
- USA-Portugal Match A Record For ESPN
June 24 2014 11:18 AM
Sunday’s 2-2 game may be the most-watched soccer match ever on American television.
- Honda Tells Narcolepsy Sufferers They ‘Shouldn’t Be Driving’
June 23 2014 11:51 AM
Commercial featuring a narcolepsy joke has been set to “private” on YouTube following complaints by people with the condition.
- The New LinkedIn Feature That’s Driving Users Nuts
June 20 2014 5:35 PM
The social network is expanding its long-form publishing tool, but not everyone wants to know when their connections use it.
- TV Mines Its Own Past -- Again
June 20 2014 1:24 PM
Lifetime’s upcoming TV movie will chronicle the backstage drama of a 1990s favorite.
- TMZ Writes Big Checks For Big Scoops
June 19 2014 5:35 PM
The trashy gossip site is known for breaking scandals, but part of its secret sauce is checkbook clickbait.
- Indie Music Artists Brace For YouTube Banishment
June 19 2014 12:40 PM
The Google-owned video giant denies doomsday reports of mass video deletions, but blocking of some content is still likely.
- Viral Ad Campaign Gave Voice To Anti-Redskins Fight
June 18 2014 4:25 PM
The “Change the Mascot” campaign didn't directly call for the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, but advocated against the use of the slur.
- Hobby Lobby Family Wants Bible Teachings In Public Schools
June 17 2014 2:09 PM
The billionaire Green family is drawing scrutiny for an effort to introduce a biblical curriculum to U.S. public schools.
- When Altering Photos Is A Federal Violation
June 16 2014 4:40 PM
U.S. House bill would seek to create regulatory framework for Photoshopped images in advertising.