Articles by Christopher Zara
- Frozen Dogs Temporarily Removed From NY Breeder
January 07 2014 6:06 PM
Following a massive protest from animal-welfare advocates, a judge in Montgomery County, N.Y., ruled that the adult dogs at a local breeding facility must be removed from the property.
- Satanists Raise Hell (And Fundraising Goal) On Indiegogo
January 07 2014 2:30 PM
A crowdfunding campaign to erect a statue of Satan at the Oklahoma State Capitol reached its fundraising goal Tuesday.
- NY Dog Lovers Fight To Save ‘Frozen’ Pups
January 06 2014 5:53 PM
As Northeast temperatures plummet, an upstate New York dog breeder is coming under fire for allegedly keeping some 100 puppies out in the cold.
- Boy George Socks Holyfield Over Anti-Gay Comments
January 06 2014 12:15 PM
In an incident that echoes the recent “Duck Dynasty” debacle, boxer turned reality star Evander Holyfield used the Bible to back up anti-gay comments on “Celebrity Big Brother.”
- A Failing Grade For Zero-Tolerance Policies
January 04 2014 9:43 AM
A quarter century of harsh disciplinary policies in U.S. public schools have done little to improve safety, according to a new report.
- Did Scorsese Really Break The F-Word Record? Who The F--k Knows
January 03 2014 3:50 PM
Following a report from Variety that cited Wikipedia, numerous media outlets say “Wolf of Wall Street” sets a new record for the F-word in a nondocumentary. Is it true?
- PETA Uses Drones To Monitor Illegal Hunting
January 03 2014 11:21 AM
Despite a new Illinois law prohibiting the use of drones to interfere with hunting, PETA says it is going forward with a plan to catch illegal hunters via unmanned vehicles.
- American Girl Responds To Petition From Adorable 10-Year-Old
January 02 2014 5:53 PM
The Mattel-owned doll-maker said it is committed to diversity, but it stopped short of committing to a doll with a disability.
- Hangover Cures For New Year’s Day
December 31 2013 5:42 PM
Need a little something to bring your swollen head down to size? The Internet is awash with so-called hangover cures, but some may do more harm than good.
- The Best New Year’s Eve Toasts For 2014
December 31 2013 3:20 PM
Looking for the right thing to say when the clock strikes midnight? Say goodbye to 2013 with the perfect New Year’s Eve toast. Be brainy. Be boozy. Be prepared.
- Last Hoofbeats For NYC Horse Carriages, But When?
December 30 2013 6:50 PM
New York Mayor-elect de Blasio said “It’s over” for Central Park’s horse-drawn carriages, but the reality is not so simple.
- The Best New Year’s Eve Party Ideas 2014
December 30 2013 2:31 PM
Still trying to figure out how to send off 2013? Look no further. IBTimes culls together the best New Year’s Eve party ideas on the Internet.
- Hecklers Trash ‘Chick Phil-A Day’ Facebook Page
December 27 2013 6:49 PM
Fans are planning to show their support for Phil Robertson, but some Facebook hecklers are taking a bite out of their event.
- Amazon Spanked Over ‘Biblical Rod’ Parenting Book
December 27 2013 2:24 PM
Critics say the controversial methods taught in the Christian parenting book “To Train Up a Child” have been linked to the deaths of three children.
- The Worst Media Fails Of 2013
December 27 2013 9:57 AM
Plagiarism! Sensationalism! Scandal! IBTimes compiles the biggest news blunders of the year.
- Best Christmas Drinking Games 2013
December 23 2013 5:58 PM
Break out the eggnog and mistletoe. IBTimes rounds up the best holiday and Christmas drinking games on the Internet. Please drink responsibly.
- PR Exec Faces Backlash After AIDS Joke
December 20 2013 3:34 PM
Twitter is furious at IAC Communications Director Justine Sacco after a snarky tweet sent from her account joked about AIDS in Africa.
- How Brits Are Bypassing The UK's Internet Porn Filters
December 20 2013 1:10 PM
A Chrome browser free extension claims to let bypass Cameron’s pornography filters. But is it legal, and does it even work?
- Amazon Takes All: Survival Of The Biggest
December 20 2013 10:20 AM
Jeff Bezos is fond of saying we’re still in “Day One” for the Internet, but for the retailers in his path, it feels more like the End of Days.
- The Worst Tweets Of 2013
December 19 2013 5:40 PM
Cue the Fail Whale. IBTimes rounds up the most offensive, most invasive, most ill-conceived tweets of the year. It’s racism. It’s misogyny. It’s half-baked marketing ploys. It’s Twitter.