- Where Minimum Wage Could Reach $25 An Hour
April 16 2014 5:08 PM
A Switzerland national referendum would raise the minimum wage to $24.99 an hour, but local firms like Nestle say voters should reject it.
- Heartbleed, Internet’s Illegitimate Child, Is Not Through With Us Yet
April 15 2014 3:27 PM
“We don’t know your stuff has been compromised until something bad happens to you,” a security expert said about Heartbleed.
- Journalists Revolt As Pulitzer Prize Snubs Feature Writers
April 14 2014 5:40 PM
The Pulitzer Prize Board says lack of a winner shouldn’t reflect negatively on the nominees.
- Tweets Don’t Equal Endorsements, Except When They Do
April 10 2014 5:28 PM
Katherine Heigl was ridiculed on Wednesday after she sued Duane Reade over a tweet, but she may actually have a case.
- In New York, The Wrecking Ball Wins Another Round
April 10 2014 12:48 PM
In what may be a death knell for the New York building at the center of a worldwide preservation effort, the property was determined not to meet the requirement for interior landmark protection.
- Comcast-TWC Merger Assailed From The Right Too
April 09 2014 5:39 PM
Tea Party Sen. Mike Lee says a merged Comcast could discriminate against conservative political content.
- Comcast's Behemoth Past Clouds Time Warner Purchase
April 09 2014 3:44 PM
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Wed. examined the proposed Comcast-TWC merger; foes argue Comcast doesn't act in good faith.
- US Wage Gap Debate Drowned Out By Politics
April 08 2014 4:37 PM
With a Senate Paycheck Fairness Act vote ahead, proponents on both sides of the issue are celebrating Fair Pay Day 2014 with vociferous rhetoric.
- Amazon Touts Equality, But ‘Smiles’ At Anti-Gay Groups
April 08 2014 8:45 AM
The Boy Scouts of America, which prohibits openly gay adults from serving as scoutmasters, is just one discriminatory group that has registered for Amazon’s new charitable-giving initiative.
- ‘Game’ Over: HBO Go Conks Out Again
April 07 2014 1:41 PM
HBO Go crashed again -- this time during Sunday’s premiere of “Game of Thrones” -- and it’s not just the moochers who are upset.
- Nabisco’s Viral Hit Proves Pro-Equality Is Good For Business
April 04 2014 3:56 PM
The snack food company is building an enormous amount of goodwill with a message of inclusiveness.
- NYC Landmarks Process Criticized As Beloved Buildings Face Wrecking Ball
April 03 2014 4:54 PM
An effort to save Manhattan’s Rizzoli Bookstore from demolition is turning into a nasty fight, one that offers a glimpse into what New York preservation will look like in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Tech CEO Resigns In Wake Of Anti-Gay-Marriage Stance
April 03 2014 3:46 PM
Mozilla's Brendan Eich resigned amid controversy from a $1,000 contribution he made in support of California’s same-sex marriage ban.
- ‘Slaughter Muslims’ Tweet Tests Twitter’s Hate Speech Policy
April 03 2014 1:46 PM
Immediately following Wednesday’s deadly shooting in Fort Hood, conservative filmmaker Patrick Dollard called for Americans to “start slaughtering Muslims in the streets.”
- Comcast Hits Back At WGA, With Binge-Watchers Caught In The Middle
April 02 2014 4:56 PM
The Hollywood writers’ union has criticized Comcast’s use of Internet data caps, but Comcast says the union’s facts are wrong.
- Firefox Fallout Is Further Evidence Intolerance Won't Be Tolerated
April 01 2014 5:39 PM
Mozilla employees are calling on CEO Brendan Eich, who supported Prop 8, to quit, as OkCupid asks Firefox users to switch browsers.
- April Fools’ Day 2014: More Pranksters, Fewer Laughs
April 01 2014 2:18 PM
Google, Twitter, Netflix and others unleashed their usual gag products on Tuesday, but there is a tedious familiarity to the whole affair.
- That's All She Wrote: Unions Protest Comcast-TWC Merger
March 31 2014 3:49 PM
In an FCC filing last week, the Writers Guild of America said the proposed merger would stifle competition from emerging content creators like Netflix and Amazon.
- Anti-Colbert Twitter Campaign Escalates
March 28 2014 4:22 PM
Asian-American activist Suey Park spars with HuffPost Live’s Josh Zepps over the limits of satire.
- Harassing Interns Is Now Illegal In NYC
March 27 2014 2:35 PM
The New York City Council on Wednesday voted unanimously to pass a measure aimed at protecting unpaid interns from workplace discrimination.