- Viral Ad Campaign Gave Voice To Anti-Redskins Fight
June 18 2014 4:25 PM
The “Change the Mascot” campaign didn't directly call for the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, but advocated against the use of the slur.
- Hobby Lobby Family Wants Bible Teachings In Public Schools
June 17 2014 2:09 PM
The billionaire Green family is drawing scrutiny for an effort to introduce a biblical curriculum to U.S. public schools.
- When Altering Photos Is A Federal Violation
June 16 2014 4:40 PM
U.S. House bill would seek to create regulatory framework for Photoshopped images in advertising.
- Cancer Scare At New York Times
June 16 2014 10:19 AM
Dean Baquet, who recently replaced Jill Abramson as the executive editor of the New York Times, is currently recovering from a malignant tumor that was removed from his kidney over the weekend, the Times reported on Monday.
- Facebook Nurses Wounds In War On Nipples
June 13 2014 6:22 PM
Revising a controversial policy, the social network now allows images of breastfeeding mothers, even if breasts are exposed.
- Storm Over Facebook Filtering Gains Strength
June 13 2014 1:09 PM
The National Hurricane Center joins a chorus of critics who say Facebook’s is becoming useless for real-time news.
- Smile, Farmers: The Skies Are Watching
June 12 2014 5:48 PM
An environmental journalist wants to use aerial drones to sniff out illegal activity on factory farms.
- Tracy Morgan Fans Vow To Boycott TMZ Over Crash Video
June 12 2014 11:17 AM
Following pleas from Louis C.K. and Judd Apatow, Twitter users vow to go after site’s advertisers.
- Newspaper Guild Fears For Future Of Philly Inquirer
June 11 2014 4:10 PM
Following the death of Lewis Katz, philanthropist H.F. Lenfest is poised to become sole owner.
- Meteorologists To Facebook: Stop Raining On Our Parade
June 11 2014 2:28 PM
As Facebook throttles the reach of non-advertising sites on its social network, weather forecasters say users are missing critical storm updates.
- WaPo Opinion Editor Defends Rape ‘Survivor Privilege’ Column
June 10 2014 2:07 PM
Critics say George Will's column trivializes the problem of sexual assault on college campuses by saying victims unfairly gain "coveted status."
- Time Inc Shares Fall In NYSE Debut
June 09 2014 1:25 PM
Shares of the U.S. magazine company were down in midday trading Monday, following a debut marred by a lack of enthusiasm for print.
- Tony Awards Tout Need For Theater Education
June 07 2014 9:30 AM
Hoping to raise awareness for theater education, the Tony Awards are teaming up with Carnegie Mellon.
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Re-Release Haunted By Ghosts Of Hollywood’s Glory Days
June 06 2014 3:36 PM
Ivan Reitman’s 1984 summer comedy is enduringly popular, but its all-original storyline wouldn’t pass go with today’s franchise-obsessed Hollywood producers.
- Time Now On The Clock, But For How Long?
June 06 2014 8:10 AM
The U.S. magazine company Time Inc. goes public this morning, but only time will tell what a print empire is worth in a digital world.
- NFL Cheerleader Rebellion Tackles League
June 05 2014 12:00 PM
Latest lawsuit claims Oakland Raiderettes were paid scant wages and subjected to demeaning body inspections.
- People Watching Other People Playing Video Games Is A Thing Now
June 05 2014 9:20 AM
One of the fastest growing websites on the planet is devoted to footage of people playing video games, while allowing commentators to opine.
- Time Inc Gets Cozi As It Looks To A Digital Future
June 03 2014 12:39 PM
Ahead of its upcoming IPO, the U.S. print-media giant is building up its tech portfolio with acquisition of Seattle’s Cozi Inc.
- Visit Elsa! 'Frozen' Puts Norway On The Map
May 27 2014 7:21 PM
Thanks to Disney’s “Frozen,” travel from the U.S. to Norway is booming. And destination tie-ins are likely to be a bigger factor for future animated projects.
- Mom Bloggers Snubbed By Mickey D’s?
May 23 2014 5:38 PM
At Thursday’s shareholder confab, the company describes criticism as "much ado about nothing."