Articles by Christopher Zara
- Ratings-Wise, Can Things Get Any Worse At CNN?
November 05 2013 12:25 PM
Bogged down by Obamacare coverage, CNN netted its lowest prime-time viewership since August 2012.
- LAX Shooting Suspect, Like Others, Left Few Digital Footprints
November 04 2013 4:46 PM
Paul Ciancia's generation lives on Facebook/Twitter, but like other young men accused of mass violence, he had little interest in social media.
- Who Owns New York City Now?
November 04 2013 12:27 PM
As Bill de Blasio and Joe Lhota square off, meet the lobbyists and special interests staking their claim in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Ray Kelly Booed Off College Campus: Liberal Intolerance Run Amok?
October 30 2013 5:07 PM
Conservatives say an unruly protest at Brown University is indicative of liberal intolerance on college campuses. Critics counter that Ray Kelly’s lecture was tantamount to an endorsement of stop and frisk.
- Thomson Reuters CEO Touts Growth, Announces Layoffs
October 30 2013 12:44 PM
In a memo to staff on Tuesday, Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith announced 3,000 layoffs shortly after boasting that the company is “back on a solid footing.”
- The Best Halloween Party Ideas 2013
October 29 2013 7:02 PM
IBTimes scares up some of the best Halloween party ideas for kids, teens, adults and everyone else.
- Health Advocates Blast McDonald’s For Exploiting Children’s Charity
October 29 2013 3:25 PM
The fast-food giant McDonald’s Corp. uses its charitable organization largely as a means of marketing to children and deflecting criticism, health advocates charge.
- From Screen To Stage: ‘Big Fish’ And The New Broadway Ecosystem
October 24 2013 9:09 AM
Can Broadway keep borrowing from Hollywood without losing its cultural cache? The musical adaptation of Tim Burton’s whimsical 2003 film may provide a clue.
- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Europeans Have A Gun Problem Too; They Just Can’t Talk About It
October 22 2013 6:05 PM
Tired of being drowned out by America’s deafening gun debate, the European Commission on Monday said it’s time to get serious about illegal firearms in Europe.
- Ribbon Ruse: Pinkwashing Chemicals Does Little For Breast Cancer Research
October 22 2013 3:21 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness Month was cooked up by a multinational chemical company. It’s now one of the most successful marketing campaigns on earth.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.
- Why Don’t Reality Stars Qualify For The Walk Of Fame?
October 21 2013 2:53 PM
The Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee said Kim Kardashian doesn’t qualify for immortalization, but is that consistent with its own guidelines?
- The End Of The Patriot Act? Antispying Bill Gains Support
October 19 2013 9:50 AM
A longshot U.S. bill that would repeal the much-maligned Patriot Act has gained a smattering of sudden co-sponsors.
- President Nugent? It’s Not So Crazy On Facebook, And That Matters
October 18 2013 1:09 PM
Nugent, Schwarzenegger and others reportedly are weighing 2016 presidential runs; it’s not too soon to start reviewing social media support.
- US Government Shutdown Ends And Fox News Is Angry (It Loved The Ratings)
October 17 2013 1:22 PM
The U.S. government shutdown was a PR bloodbath for Republicans, but it hasn’t hurt the party’s biggest cheerleader.
- Did Jesus Exist? A Non-Scholar Aims To Settle A Non-Debate
October 17 2013 6:56 AM
Joseph Atwill plans to reveal evidence at a symposium in London on Saturday supporting his theory that Jesus of Nazareth was a fictional product of Roman propaganda.
- Whale Advocates Harpoon Macy’s Over SeaWorld Float
October 16 2013 1:58 PM
Macy’s Inc. says a SeaWorld float planned for its signature Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn’t amount to an endorsement of the Orlando, Fla., marine-park chain.
- The US Constitution Is Kind Of Irrelevant -- And Other Centrist Insights
October 15 2013 5:54 PM
How centrist are Americans? A national poll by NBC News and Esquire magazine belies conventional wisdom that we are increasingly a nation of radicals.
- Erotic Fiction Lovers Push Back Against Amazon’s ‘Rape Porn’ Crackdown
October 15 2013 2:46 PM
Petitioners are calling on Amazon.com Inc. to stop removing erotic fiction. The company recently took down dozens of titles containing so-called rape porn.