Articles by Christopher Zara
- EU Court Holds Websites Liable For Anonymous Comments
October 11 2013 4:53 PM
A European court ruled Thursday that a major Estonian news portal can be held liable for anonymous comments posted by users.
- GOP Lawmakers Spend Down Time At Antigay ‘Hatefest’
October 11 2013 8:20 AM
A coalition of civil-liberties groups, including GLAAD and the NAACP, has called on Republican members of Congress to skip the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington.
- So-Called US Trucker Protest Fueled By Anti-Obama Venom
October 10 2013 3:51 PM
The trucking industry has fiercely condemned “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” which is less about civil disobedience than a deep hatred of President Obama.
- Intern-Groping Journalist Had Long History Of Abuse, Including Attempted Rape, Lawsuit Says
October 09 2013 5:09 PM
A former unpaid intern for Phoenix Satellite TV was denied a sexual-harassment claim against an alleged serial abuser on the grounds that she was not an employee.
- In US, State Politicians Mostly Get Away With Lying: Study
October 09 2013 9:21 AM
A study by the New American Foundation suggests that state lawmakers are largely flying under the radar of fact-checking groups like PolitiFact.
- Gulf Gaydar: Arab States May Use Clinical Tests To Detect Homosexuals
October 08 2013 12:30 PM
Health officials are reportedly stepping up efforts to “detect gays” as a way of keeping them from entering countries in the Gulf region.
- NYC Salmonella Cases Rise Despite Restaurant Letter Grades
October 08 2013 7:23 AM
Following an initial drop, salmonella cases increased in 2012, the second full year since New York City implemented its restaurant-grading system.
- Crowd-funding Effort For NYC Biker Bash Victim May Be A Scam, Say Lawyers
October 07 2013 2:36 PM
Attorneys for the injured SUV driver Alexian Lien say a GoFundMe campaign raising money for his recovery may be defrauding donors.
- What If The Miley-Sinead Feud Is All A Hoax?
October 04 2013 3:03 PM
Leading up to her appearance on “SNL” this Saturday, Miley Cyrus has been in an escalating public feud with Sinead O’Connor. Can you blame us for being suspicious?
- NYC Biker Road Rage: Facebook Users Want Justice, But Justice For Which Side?
October 03 2013 6:48 PM
Picking sides, dueling communities are rallying around both the driver of the SUV and the motorcyclist he hit with his vehicle.
- As Social Media Grows, Social Spam Soars
October 03 2013 2:45 PM
Social media spam grew by 355 percent for the first half of 2013, according to a new report from the security-tech company Nexgate.
- A Toothless ‘Revenge Porn’ Law Leaves Out Selfies
October 02 2013 6:36 PM
A new California law meant to combat revenge porn only applies to photos taken by the perpetrator.
- Skepticism Surrounds Occupy Wall Street Visa Card
October 02 2013 5:17 PM
An offshoot of the Occupy Wall Street movement is hoping to launch a prepaid debit card, but will the 99% accept it?
- Bill Would Stop US Congress From Getting Paid During Shutdown
October 01 2013 4:23 PM
As Democrats and Republicans point fingers over the government shutdown, Rep. Rick Nolan wants to withhold their salaries.
- Obamacare Websites Riddled With Glitches, And Both Sides Claim Victory
October 01 2013 11:56 AM
Hours into the launch of the online healthcare exchanges, widespread glitches are being reported. Is this the result of government ineptitude or overwhelming demand?
- LGBT Actors Still Worry About Gay Stigma
September 30 2013 5:50 PM
Despite the increased prevalence of openly gay actors like “Star Trek’s” Zachary Quinto, many LGBT performers still worry that coming out will hurt their careers.
- Hunting Show Slain After Host Shoots Elephant In The Face
September 30 2013 2:03 PM
NBC Sports and the Outdoor Channel have both dropped the NRA-sponsored “Under Wild Skies,” which aired an episode in which its host, Tony Makris, killed an African elephant.
- The Best ‘Breaking Bad’ Party Ideas
September 27 2013 10:21 PM
Grab the Funyuns and some blue rock candy and watch Walter White’s final hour in style. IBTimes culls together some of the best “Breaking Bad” party ideas on the Web. Be the danger.
- Backlash Against Vengeful Texter Reveals Folly Of Online Reviews
September 27 2013 2:36 PM
After her text-breakup revenge story went viral, a Washington gadabout saw her memoir critically savaged. Should Amazon care?
- Gchat Horror: Google Sends Private Messages To The Wrong People
September 26 2013 1:14 PM
Users of Google’s Gchat service were startled late Wednesday when their private messages were sent to the wrong recipients.