- Amazon Touts Equality, But ‘Smiles’ At Anti-Gay Groups
April 08 2014 8:45 AM
The Boy Scouts of America, which prohibits openly gay adults from serving as scoutmasters, is just one discriminatory group that has registered for Amazon’s new charitable-giving initiative.
- ‘Game’ Over: HBO Go Conks Out Again
April 07 2014 1:41 PM
HBO Go crashed again -- this time during Sunday’s premiere of “Game of Thrones” -- and it’s not just the moochers who are upset.
- Nabisco’s Viral Hit Proves Pro-Equality Is Good For Business
April 04 2014 3:56 PM
The snack food company is building an enormous amount of goodwill with a message of inclusiveness.
- NYC Landmarks Process Criticized As Beloved Buildings Face Wrecking Ball
April 03 2014 4:54 PM
An effort to save Manhattan’s Rizzoli Bookstore from demolition is turning into a nasty fight, one that offers a glimpse into what New York preservation will look like in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Tech CEO Resigns In Wake Of Anti-Gay-Marriage Stance
April 03 2014 3:46 PM
Mozilla's Brendan Eich resigned amid controversy from a $1,000 contribution he made in support of California’s same-sex marriage ban.
- ‘Slaughter Muslims’ Tweet Tests Twitter’s Hate Speech Policy
April 03 2014 1:46 PM
Immediately following Wednesday’s deadly shooting in Fort Hood, conservative filmmaker Patrick Dollard called for Americans to “start slaughtering Muslims in the streets.”
- Comcast Hits Back At WGA, With Binge-Watchers Caught In The Middle
April 02 2014 4:56 PM
The Hollywood writers’ union has criticized Comcast’s use of Internet data caps, but Comcast says the union’s facts are wrong.
- Firefox Fallout Is Further Evidence Intolerance Won't Be Tolerated
April 01 2014 5:39 PM
Mozilla employees are calling on CEO Brendan Eich, who supported Prop 8, to quit, as OkCupid asks Firefox users to switch browsers.
- April Fools’ Day 2014: More Pranksters, Fewer Laughs
April 01 2014 2:18 PM
Google, Twitter, Netflix and others unleashed their usual gag products on Tuesday, but there is a tedious familiarity to the whole affair.
- That's All She Wrote: Unions Protest Comcast-TWC Merger
March 31 2014 3:49 PM
In an FCC filing last week, the Writers Guild of America said the proposed merger would stifle competition from emerging content creators like Netflix and Amazon.
- Anti-Colbert Twitter Campaign Escalates
March 28 2014 4:22 PM
Asian-American activist Suey Park spars with HuffPost Live’s Josh Zepps over the limits of satire.
- Harassing Interns Is Now Illegal In NYC
March 27 2014 2:35 PM
The New York City Council on Wednesday voted unanimously to pass a measure aimed at protecting unpaid interns from workplace discrimination.
- Why Al Jazeera America Is Shunning Cable’s Flight 370 Obsession
March 27 2014 11:58 AM
Setting itself apart from CNN and Fox News, the fledgling Al Jazeera America has resisted the urge to fixate on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- Tribeca Film Festival Will Start Paying Its Interns
March 25 2014 6:11 PM
Robert De Niro’s for-profit film event had relied on unpaid labor for more than a decade, but Tribeca Enterprises says that will change this year.
- Can A Corporation Believe In God?
March 25 2014 12:42 PM
The Supreme Court will decide whether large companies can deny employees health coverage for certain contraceptives.
- 'All Lives Are Lost'
March 24 2014 10:55 AM
Malaysia Airlines Monday said the Boeing 777, missing for 16 days, is presumed to have crashed into the southern Indian Ocean with no survivors.
- #NoMakeupSelfie: A Lucrative New Era For Clicktivism?
March 21 2014 4:24 PM
Cancer-research facilities say they have received millions in donations thanks to a viral campaign involving an army of fresh-faced selfies.
- A Marlboro Man For Millennials: Sexy Ads Aim To Hook Young Smokers
March 20 2014 4:59 PM
Flooding billboards in Europe and developing countries, Philip Morris International is seducing a whole new generation of potential addicts.
- Cow-Towing To Big Dairy? Idaho Law Bans Animal-Rights Investigations
March 19 2014 6:14 PM
Critics, including the ACLU of Idaho, call “ag-gag” law a dangerous attack on press freedom, file lawsuit in U.S. District Court.
- Execution Rap Video: Political Statement Or Death Threat?
March 18 2014 6:00 PM
An anti-Islam Dutch politician is reportedly saying he will pursue legal action over a rap video that appears to stage a fictionalized version of his execution.