Articles by Christopher Zara
- Thomson Reuters CEO Touts Growth, Announces Layoffs
October 30 2013 12:44 PM
In a memo to staff on Tuesday, Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith announced 3,000 layoffs shortly after boasting that the company is “back on a solid footing.”
- The Best Halloween Party Ideas 2013
October 29 2013 7:02 PM
IBTimes scares up some of the best Halloween party ideas for kids, teens, adults and everyone else.
- Health Advocates Blast McDonald’s For Exploiting Children’s Charity
October 29 2013 3:25 PM
The fast-food giant McDonald’s Corp. uses its charitable organization largely as a means of marketing to children and deflecting criticism, health advocates charge.
- From Screen To Stage: ‘Big Fish’ And The New Broadway Ecosystem
October 24 2013 9:09 AM
Can Broadway keep borrowing from Hollywood without losing its cultural cache? The musical adaptation of Tim Burton’s whimsical 2003 film may provide a clue.
- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Europeans Have A Gun Problem Too; They Just Can’t Talk About It
October 22 2013 6:05 PM
Tired of being drowned out by America’s deafening gun debate, the European Commission on Monday said it’s time to get serious about illegal firearms in Europe.
- Ribbon Ruse: Pinkwashing Chemicals Does Little For Breast Cancer Research
October 22 2013 3:21 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness Month was cooked up by a multinational chemical company. It’s now one of the most successful marketing campaigns on earth.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.
- Why Don’t Reality Stars Qualify For The Walk Of Fame?
October 21 2013 2:53 PM
The Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee said Kim Kardashian doesn’t qualify for immortalization, but is that consistent with its own guidelines?
- The End Of The Patriot Act? Antispying Bill Gains Support
October 19 2013 9:50 AM
A longshot U.S. bill that would repeal the much-maligned Patriot Act has gained a smattering of sudden co-sponsors.
- President Nugent? It’s Not So Crazy On Facebook, And That Matters
October 18 2013 1:09 PM
Nugent, Schwarzenegger and others reportedly are weighing 2016 presidential runs; it’s not too soon to start reviewing social media support.
- US Government Shutdown Ends And Fox News Is Angry (It Loved The Ratings)
October 17 2013 1:22 PM
The U.S. government shutdown was a PR bloodbath for Republicans, but it hasn’t hurt the party’s biggest cheerleader.
- Did Jesus Exist? A Non-Scholar Aims To Settle A Non-Debate
October 17 2013 6:56 AM
Joseph Atwill plans to reveal evidence at a symposium in London on Saturday supporting his theory that Jesus of Nazareth was a fictional product of Roman propaganda.
- Whale Advocates Harpoon Macy’s Over SeaWorld Float
October 16 2013 1:58 PM
Macy’s Inc. says a SeaWorld float planned for its signature Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn’t amount to an endorsement of the Orlando, Fla., marine-park chain.
- The US Constitution Is Kind Of Irrelevant -- And Other Centrist Insights
October 15 2013 5:54 PM
How centrist are Americans? A national poll by NBC News and Esquire magazine belies conventional wisdom that we are increasingly a nation of radicals.
- Erotic Fiction Lovers Push Back Against Amazon’s ‘Rape Porn’ Crackdown
October 15 2013 2:46 PM
Petitioners are calling on Amazon.com Inc. to stop removing erotic fiction. The company recently took down dozens of titles containing so-called rape porn.
- Food Stamp Opponents Berate Wal-Mart Shoppers Following EBT Outage
October 14 2013 6:14 PM
After a glitch in the EBT system led to chaos at Wal-Mart stores, reactions to the incident reveal a bitter divide over government-funded programs.
- Glenn Danzig Ridiculed After Telling His Audience To Punch A Fan
October 14 2013 2:00 PM
Music fans are mocking the notoriously cantankerous punk pioneer, who appeared to incite violence against one of his own fans at a Tampa, Fla., concert last week.
- EU Court Holds Websites Liable For Anonymous Comments
October 11 2013 4:53 PM
A European court ruled Thursday that a major Estonian news portal can be held liable for anonymous comments posted by users.
- GOP Lawmakers Spend Down Time At Antigay ‘Hatefest’
October 11 2013 8:20 AM
A coalition of civil-liberties groups, including GLAAD and the NAACP, has called on Republican members of Congress to skip the annual Values Voter Summit in Washington.