Articles by Christopher Zara
- FBI: We Had ‘No Investigative Interest’ In Michael Hastings
September 25 2013 5:48 PM
On its website, the FBI posted what it maintains is the only reference to journalist Michael Hastings, who believed he was being investigated at the time of his death.
- Catholic Fringe Group: Girls Don’t Belong In College
September 25 2013 3:58 PM
After telling parents not to send their daughters to college, Raylan Alleman, founder of Fix the Family, is receiving a harsh blowback.
- Defund Obamacare Tweeters Slam Those Opposing Cruz
September 25 2013 12:08 PM
As Sen. Cruz filibuster continued, thousands of Twitter supporters beseeched their senators telling them to defund the Affordable Care Act.
- Will Zoos Ever Set Elephants Free?
September 25 2013 5:43 AM
The zoo industry just finished an unprecedented three-year study on elephant welfare, but animal-rights groups worry it could mean an even longer prison sentence for captive elephants.
- NFL’s Nonprofit Status Is A Kick In The Teeth To Taxpayers, Says Petition
September 24 2013 1:19 PM
Despite overseeing a $9.5 billion industry, the National Football League is classified as a nonprofit trade association. Is that fair?
- Conservatives Irate Over Kenya Headlines Neglecting Islam
September 23 2013 5:26 PM
Based on a cursory review of 10 newspapers, the right-wing watchdog Media Research Center has determined that journalists are purposely avoiding the word “Islam” in reports about the Kenya mall attack.
- Following Emmy Snub, Jack Klugman Fans Rally Around His Son
September 23 2013 12:57 PM
Adam Klugman wasn’t too thrilled with the TV Academy for paying tribute to Cory Monteith over his father. Jack Klugman’s fans agree.
- The Host With No Ghosts: Why NPH Is Impervious To Controversy
September 22 2013 8:12 AM
No matter what the debate, Neil Patrick Harris, who hosts the 2013 Emmy Awards show on Sunday, always comes out on top.
- Emmy Awards Drinking Games 2013
September 20 2013 6:15 PM
Sit back, relax and toss back a few cocktails to celebrate television’s biggest night: the Primetime Emmy Awards show. The IBTimes pulls together some of the best drinking games on the Web.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.
- This Was CNN: With ‘Crossfire’ Fading, Jeff Zucker Could Have A Problem
September 19 2013 6:18 PM
Ratings continue to struggle at the once-pioneering cable news network, despite high hopes for recent additions such as “Crossfire” and “New Day.” Can anyone turn things around?
- Pro-Life Group Cries Censorship Over Deleted BuzzFeed Listicle
September 19 2013 2:46 PM
Personhood USA, a Christian activist group, posted an anti-Planned Parenthood listicle, but BuzzFeed took it down amid a flurry of criticism.
- McDonald’s Fights To Enter A Town That Doesn’t Want It
September 18 2013 5:40 PM
The chain plans to build even as activists from an Australian town fly nearly 10,000 miles to hand deliver a petition telling it to stay out.
- Taliban Gains Twitter Followers After Claiming Assassination
September 18 2013 12:21 PM
The Taliban’s Twitter account gained followers and much ridicule after a tweet in which it claimed responsibility for killing an Afghan official.
- Did Occupy Wall Street Fail? Don’t Be So Sure
September 17 2013 6:09 PM
Demonstrators in Zuccotti Park said the movement still matters, but they expressed frustration over an ongoing lack of cohesion and leadership.
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- Racists Shamed Off Twitter Following Ignorant Miss America Insults
September 16 2013 3:47 PM
After their racially charged tweets about Nina Davuluri went viral, several Twitter users have deleted their accounts in the wake of a public shaming campaign.
- Green Marketing Without Greenwashing: What Advertisers Need To Know
September 16 2013 1:42 PM
Is your company making deceptive environmental claims? A new report aims to help marketers understand recent updates to the FTC’s “Green Guides.”
- Easy Money: Is GoFundMe Too Lax For Its Own Good?
September 14 2013 12:22 PM
With its loose guidelines, GoFundMe urges users to donate only to people they know and trust. But doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of crowd-funding?
- The Best Friday The 13th Drinking Games 2013
September 13 2013 12:30 PM
Get lucky this Friday the 13th with the Internet’s best drinking games and party ideas aimed at the most unfortunate day of the year.