- Christian Activists Blast HGTV For Deserting Anti-Gay Reality Stars
May 08 2014 12:50 PM
Christian activists are up in arms following HGTV’s decision not to move forward with a show starring the Benham Brothers, who have reported ties to anti-gay extremism.
- From Standoff To Sing-off: Eurovision New Battleground For Ukraine
May 07 2014 2:48 PM
Performers from Russia and Ukraine are among those competing in the semifinals for the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen this year.
- LGBT Advocates Still Battling Google Autocomplete Over 'Bisexual'
May 07 2014 6:07 AM
Google’s predictive search bar still blocks the word “bisexual” and LGBT advocates are fed up.
- Children Tell McDonald’s They're Not 'Lovin' It'
May 06 2014 1:03 PM
In a video launched by advocacy group CAI, kids take McDonald’s to task for using big celebrities to sell Big Macs.
- With Net Neutrality Under Threat, Where Is The SOPA-Style Outrage?
May 05 2014 5:13 PM
The FCC is set to vote next week on rules that could fundamentally change the Internet. Will major sites like Wikipedia and Reddit go dark in protest?
- Spidey Spins His Web In Asia With Record-Breaking Opening
May 02 2014 5:17 PM
"Amazing Spider-Man 2” breaks opening-day record in Hong Kong.
- ‘Frozen’ Snowball Effect Boosts Disney Q2 Profits
May 02 2014 3:34 PM
The huge holiday hit “Frozen,” praised for re-imagining Disney’s stagnant Princess Culture, continued to drive profits at the Walt Disney Co.
- Customers Plead With DirecTV Not To ‘Sell Out’ To AT&T
May 01 2014 2:31 PM
In light of merger rumors, some DirecTV customers are making it clear that they have no desire to become AT&T customers.
- ‘Bad For Hispanics’ Comment Underscores Anxiety About A Bigger Comcast
April 30 2014 6:22 PM
Univision's CEO said a Comcast-TWC merger would be “bad for Hispanics.” He’s not the only broadcaster concerned.
- Cheering Sterling’s Ousting? Not So Fast, Say Race Scholars
April 29 2014 7:33 PM
Donald Sterling's comments got him banned from the NBA, but some say not everyone is celebrating the NBA ruling as a win for social justice.
- Just Because Everyone Wants Donald Sterling Fired Doesn’t Mean He Will Be
April 28 2014 4:15 PM
As the NBA investigates a racist rant allegedly spoken by the L.A. Clippers owner, legal complications may hinder its ability to act accordingly.
- Will The Public Buy Shares In A Firm With An Accused Girlfriend-Beater CEO?
April 25 2014 6:35 PM
Rising-star entrepreneur Gurbaksh Chahal escaped jail time. Now critics want him ousted before RadiumOne goes public.
- Why Consumers Can't Count On An Open Internet In 2018
April 24 2014 3:45 PM
Comcast, Philadelphia's cable giant, has repeatedly affirmed its commitment to open-Internet principles, but that could change in 2018.
- Time Warner's Q1 Earnings Likely To Rise On Promotions Blitz
April 23 2014 8:18 AM
Moreover, the outlook is rosier for the No. 2 U.S. cable provider, following a high-profile battle with CBS.
- American Journalist Reportedly Taken Hostage In Ukraine
April 22 2014 2:35 PM
Journalists on social media rallied around Simon Ostrovsky, a Vice News journalist reportedly kidnapped while covering the Ukraine crisis.
- How A Court Decision Could Radically Change The Way Americans Watch TV
April 22 2014 1:42 PM
The Supreme Court heard arguments on Tuesday in Aereo v. network television, a case that could transform the U.S. broadcast TV industry.
- Nonprofit Executive Pay - Nice Work, If You Can Get It
April 21 2014 4:50 PM
Some U.S. nonprofits are rewarding top fundraisers with 7-figure salaries, but critics say execs shouldn’t become millionaires off goodwill.
- Broadband Appetites Seen Fueling Comcast Q1 Profits
April 21 2014 7:19 AM
The top U.S. cable provider will likely report stronger Q1 earnings Tuesday, with broadband Internet demand driving revenue growth.
- General Mills Dustup Shows Need For US Arbitration Reform
April 17 2014 6:07 PM
General Mills is asking customers to relinquish their right to sue, but that could be rendered illegal under a bill to curb forced arbitration.
- Comcast Foe Al Franken Sends Friend Request To Netflix Chief
April 17 2014 3:32 PM
The Democratic senator from Minnesota sent an impassioned letter asking Netflix CEO Reed Hastings to weigh in on the proposed Comcast-TWC merger.