- Hundreds Of Additives Not Tested By FDA
September 12 2014 11:44 AM
Experts say an overhaul of the FDA's process for determining food-additive safety will do little to close a crucial loophole.
- US House Republicans Allot $88M For Ebola Response
September 10 2014 9:28 AM
House Republicans agreed to fund the White House's request for Ebola response in their proposed spending bill.
- Got Money? US Milk Prices Hit Record High
September 09 2014 11:09 AM
Milk and cheese consumption in the U.S. is booming, but record dairy prices may not be here for the long run.
- Ebola Fight In 'Huge Need' Of Supplies, Funding
September 08 2014 7:13 PM
With the death toll over 2,000 and still climbing, the Ebola fight faces major shortfalls in funding, equipment and logistical capabilities.
- Dozens Arrested At Fast-Food Protests Across US
September 04 2014 12:26 PM
Dozens of people were arrested Thursday morning at rallies in American cities, where protesters demanded better pay for fast food workers.
- Florida Economy Threatened As 'Greening' Ravages Citrus Crop
September 03 2014 8:08 PM
The economy and tens of thousands of guest workers are likely to take a hit as the "greening" disease decimates the vital crop.
- Why CVS Quit Tobacco
September 03 2014 2:17 PM
CVS pharmacies have stopped selling tobacco products, a move that will lose money at first but help rebrand the chain as a health care company.
- Saudi Arabia Halts Labor Visas For Ebola-Stricken Countries
September 01 2014 2:28 PM
Saudi Arabia announced it has stopped issuing visas to workers from three countries at the center of the ongoing Ebola outbreak.
- Massive Pipeline May Ease Sting Of Sanctions On Russia
September 01 2014 11:48 AM
Russia and China launched construction of an almost-2,500-mile natural-gas pipeline between themselves Monday.
- Pro-Democracy Demonstrations Erupt In Hong Kong
September 01 2014 10:23 AM
Pepper spray was used to break up pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong over China's decision to vet candidates.
- Do Big Food Acquisitions Really Boost Sustainability?
August 28 2014 9:30 PM
Major food corporations buy small companies dedicated to sustainability in order to help their own practices -- and their images. Does it work?
- Social Responsibility Essential For Big Food To Thrive, Say Experts
August 28 2014 6:16 AM
Major food companies need to invest heavily in corporate social responsibility if they hope to continue to thrive.
- A King-Sized Tax Inversion?
August 26 2014 1:18 PM
Some analysts say Burger King is buying Tim Hortons and moving to Canada to reap the tax benefits, but not everyone agrees.
- US Cheesemakers Raise Stink Over Proposed Label Restrictions
August 25 2014 4:04 PM
U.S. cheesemakers fear plans to limit the use of "gouda" and "feta" to cheeses made only in specific European regions.
- Russia's Food Import Ban Will Lead To Winners And Losers
August 08 2014 7:19 PM
As the ban rolls out, nations not affected by the prohibition have an opportunity to step in and fill the gap left behind by economic giants.
- Support For NYPD Slowdown Strong On Popular Cop Forum
August 08 2014 4:59 PM
Many users of a forum popular with the NYPD support a "work-to-rule" slowdown as protest in the wake of Eric Garner's death.
- Campbell's Clarifies: No Meat Used In V8 And Tomato Soup
August 06 2014 6:44 PM
Campbell's Soup addressed a brewing controversy Wednesday, stating that the company uses no meat or animal-derived ingredients in its V8 or tomato soup products.
- Russia To Ban Some Agricultural Imports In Response To Sanctions
August 06 2014 12:21 PM
Under the decree, the Russian government will generate a list of all products to be restricted or banned from entering the country.
- Dutch Firm Fugro Gets MH370 Search Contract
August 05 2014 11:08 PM
The Dutch engineering firm Fugro has been awarded the contract to search for the missing MH370 airplane.
- Russian Gang Pulls Off Largest Known Internet Heist
August 05 2014 7:53 PM
A Russian crime organization stole more than 1 billion website username-password combination.