Articles by Connor Sheets
- Vermont Passes Nation's First GMO Labeling Bill
April 23 2014 6:02 PM
The Legislature sent the mandatory labeling bill to Gov. Peter Shumlin on Wednesday, setting up a fight with big agriculture.
- Some Farmers Uneasy As Wal-Mart Rolls Out Organic Line
April 23 2014 5:54 PM
Wal-Mart's Wild Oats initiative has stoked controversy about the place of major corporations in the organic food sector.
- This Cinco De Mayo, Beware The Limepocalypse
April 23 2014 11:11 AM
Looking forward to a margarita as warm weather approaches? You may be in for a surprise.
- Drought, Demand And Disease To Keep Your Grocery Bill Rising
April 22 2014 5:49 AM
Experts warn that food prices will continue to climb if concerted action is not taken to address key issues facing international agriculture.
- Cereal Giant Uses Facebook 'Likes' As Shield Against Lawsuits
April 21 2014 10:52 AM
General Mills reverses course after backlash to legal language that seemed to say "liking" its products would bar legal action.
- Is Wal-Mart Quietly Building An Organic Empire?
April 12 2014 9:59 AM
The company appears ready to take a gamble on a growing public demand for healthier foods.
- Wal-Mart Goes Organic
April 11 2014 3:35 PM
Wal-Mart's plan to offer Wild Oats organic products has thrifty foodies salivating, but how organic will these products really be?
- How Ukraine's And Russia's Grain Markets Are Weathering The Crisis
April 09 2014 6:11 AM
In 2013, Ukraine was the world’s fourth-largest corn exporter and sixth-largest wheat exporter.
- Ebola The Killer? Yes, But A Lot Less Than Other Diseases
April 04 2014 11:06 AM
The outbreak of the virus in West Africa captivates the public’s imagination, but people should fear it less than HIV and other diseases.
- Ebola Outbreak Won't Become An Epidemic, Experts Say
April 03 2014 9:24 AM
Fears that the killer Ebola virus will spread beyond areas already affected by an ongoing outbreak are overblown, experts say.
- Monsanto Outpaces Q2 Expectations
April 02 2014 3:24 PM
Monsanto's second-quarter growth outpaced Wall Street's expectations as the company's seed business continued to boost revenues.
- Ebola In Guinea & Crimea: Two Hot Zones' Unlikely Link
April 01 2014 3:58 PM
Crimea and Guinea have an unexpected connection in their relationships to hemorrhagic fevers.
- 'Wages For Facebook' Campaign Demands Pay Per 'Like'
January 16 2014 1:45 PM
A new campaign called "Wages For Facebook" has some activists demanding that the social media giant pay its users for their activity.
- Chicago Polar Bear Not Actually Stuck Indoors Due To Cold
January 07 2014 5:28 PM
Reports suggesting that the polar bear at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo has been forced indoors due to the so-called polar vortex have been exaggerated.
- Who Is Brooklyn's 'Knockout Game' Suspect?
January 06 2014 2:13 PM
A Brooklyn man has been charged with committing five "knockout game" style attacks targeting women across the borough.
- Hacker Barnaby Jack Died Of Drug Overdose
January 06 2014 11:02 AM
Read the full autopsy report on the July 25, 2013, death of Barnaby Jack, who died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the San Francisco medical examiner's office.
- David Brooks' Marijuana Column Sparks Debate (And Ridicule)
January 03 2014 2:39 PM
The New York Times columnist's piece admitting that he smoked pot but balking at legalization lit up the comment threads Friday.
- Blizzard Is De Blasio's First Test As NYC Mayor
January 02 2014 6:27 PM
As Hercules blankets the northeast, Bill de Blasio needs to prevent the kind of mess that came with 2010's snowstorm.
- Don't Take Marijuana To The Denver Airport
January 02 2014 12:25 PM
Denver Int'l Airport has banned possession of marijuana, despite Colorado's approval in November 2012 of a law legalizing it.
- Check Out The 2014 Calendar's Key Events
December 31 2013 5:59 PM
The new year is finally here, so take a moment to check out what the 2014 calendar and learn about key dates, holidays and more.