- A new Johns Hopkins University study analyzed 31 different types of cancer.
- Chinese police say fake money thrown from a building didn't cause a stampede in which 36 people were killed at a New Year's celebration.
- Three people were shot to death at two separate New Year's Eve parties in Washington state early Thursday morning.
- Sen. Marco Rubio addressed speculation about his potential candidacy in a Wednesday interview.
- Protesters held a demonstration against brutal police tactics during New Year's celebrations in the city.
- New Year's 2015 was a major day for drunk Twitter users, who posted a slew of drunk tweets Wednesday evening.
- The annual event saw activists lay down in opposition to the recent killings of unarmed black men by cops who weren't indicted.
- No one was hurt on the ground, police said.