- General Killed In Afghanistan Identified
August 05 2014 5:43 PM
The U.S. officer killed Tuesday in Afghanistan has been identified as U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene.
- Gluten-Free Label Now Has Meaning
August 05 2014 4:48 PM
Foods labeled with the term "gluten-free" must conform with FDA labeling standards for the first time starting Tuesday.
- Google, Amazon, Whole Foods Tussle To Be Your Food Shopper
August 01 2014 4:50 PM
The war for supremacy in the burgeoning online grocery delivery market is heating up, with big names battling -- but profits may be elusive.
- USDA Approves Controversial Poultry Inspection Overhaul
July 31 2014 7:12 PM
The USDA approved an overhaul of the nation's poultry inspection system. Food safety advocates say the changes undermine public protection.
- Whole Foods Jumps Into Home Delivery - But Too Late?
July 31 2014 5:52 PM
Whole Foods prepares to launch a home-delivery service, but analysts say it won't be enough to boost the company's sagging growth.
- Whole Foods Q3 Earnings: Slide Continues With Sales Miss
July 30 2014 5:58 PM
Same-store sales came in lower than forecast by analysts, and Whole Foods announced a major initiative that could help boost growth.
- 'My Job Was Taken Because Of My Injury'
July 30 2014 2:57 PM
OSI, the American company at the center of a food safety scandal in China, has a history of alleged labor violations in the U.S.
- Whole Foods Q3 Earnings Preview Uncertain As Grocery Industry Changes
July 29 2014 6:57 PM
Experts say that Whole Foods' Q3 earnings report will likely be disappointing, but they believe the company's long-term outlook is more promising.
- What You Should Know About Ebola
July 29 2014 6:02 PM
An Ebola outbreak in West Africa has focused the world's attention on the deadly disease.
- 'They Would Spit In The Meat'
July 23 2014 11:28 PM
An American meat supplier at the center of an Asian food-safety scandal violates standards at Chicago area plant, workers tell IBTimes.
- Listeria Recall: About The Deadly Illness
July 23 2014 5:04 AM
Here's what you need to know about Listeria, as fear spreads in the wake of a recall of fruit that may have been contaminated.
- USDA Reforms Might Compromise Chicken Inspections: Experts
July 22 2014 7:07 PM
A USDA proposal called the “Modernization of Poultry Slaughter Inspection” rule may lead to an increase in salmonella, some experts say.
- McDonald's, KFC Struggle With Tainted Food In Asia
July 22 2014 11:46 AM
As several new companies are ensnared in the latest Chinese food scandal, experts recommend concrete steps.
- Lindt's Acquisition Of Russell Stover: Wise Or Disastrous?
July 18 2014 4:03 PM
The chocolate-candy market is in flux -- and to quote Forrest Gump, You never know what you're going to get.
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- Pro-Marijuana Banking Amendment Passes House
July 16 2014 4:38 PM
The move means marijuana businesses wouldn't have to be cash-only in states where it's legal.
- 'All Natural' Problems For Whole Foods, Trader Joe's
July 16 2014 6:58 AM
High-end grocers are being hit with lawsuits for allegedly labeling foods with synthetic ingredients as "all natural."
- Manuel Neuer Vs. Sergio Romero: Keeper Showdown
July 13 2014 3:38 PM
German and Argentinian goalkeepers Manuel Neuer are Sergio Romero, respectively, have the weight of their home countries on their shoulders in Sunday's World Cup final in Rio de Janeiro.
- History Fuels Germany-Argentina World Cup Final
July 13 2014 3:01 PM
How Germany and Argentina's World Cup history informs Sunday's finals showdown in Brazil.
- Argentina-Germany Match Drives Papal Controversies
July 13 2014 1:20 PM
The home nations of the current and most recent popes will face off Sunday in the World Cup final.