Articles by Connor Sheets
- Meet Georgia Mega Millions Winner Ira Curry
December 18 2013 7:37 PM
Georgia 56-year-old Ira Curry is one of two Americans who hold winning tickets in Tuesday's $648 million Mega Millions drawing.
- How Does Akinator 'Read Your Mind'?
December 18 2013 4:49 PM
Find out how Akinator, the online genie program that asks you 20 questions and guesses which character you have in mind, works.
- Feds: JPMorgan Tried To Impede Madoff Probe
December 16 2013 9:18 PM
Officials are looking into claims that the Wall Street giant tried to impede the investigation of its ties to the swindler.
- Too Little, Too Late? Groups Slam FDA's Voluntary Plan To Curb Antibiotics
December 11 2013 4:43 PM
Food and public health advocates say the FDA's new plan to reduce the overuse of antibiotics on food animals isn't restrictive enough.
- Police Move In On Ukraine Protest: Watch Livestream Here
December 10 2013 8:07 PM
Watch a livestream of the ongoing protests in Kiev, Ukraine, which appear to be reaching a breaking point as police officers move in.
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Announced
December 10 2013 7:17 PM
A two-year deal was announced Tuesday by the lead congressional budget negotiators.
- Who Is Helle Thorning-Schmidt?
December 10 2013 6:30 PM
Helle Thorning-Schmidt came under the spotlight on Tuesday when she was photographed taking a "selfie" with U.S. President Barack Obama and U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron.
- Kanye West Did Not Say He's 'The Next Nelson Mandela'
December 09 2013 11:33 AM
An article on the Daily Currant has people wondering if Kanye West really said he's "the next Nelson Mandela."
- Winnie Madikizela-Mandela: 'Mother Of The Nation'
December 05 2013 10:28 PM
A look at the life of Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, former wife of Nelson Mandela and controversial "Mother of the Nation."
- How To Check If Your Passwords Have Been Compromised
December 05 2013 5:16 PM
Here's how to use a new free tool to determine if your online passwords have been stolen, breached or compromised.
- The NSA's Website Is Down Again
December 05 2013 5:05 PM
There were no reports indicating what may have caused the site to go down on Thursday.
- William Bratton As New NYPD Commissioner Delights Cops
December 05 2013 2:49 PM
Bill de Blasio has announced that former NYPD Commissioner William Bratton will return to the top New York City law enforcement post.
- Great Charities For Giving Tuesday
December 03 2013 12:31 PM
Giving Tuesday is the flip-side of Black Friday, a holiday created in the name of helping people, rather than just shopping for the newest gadgets and gifts.
- Paul Walker Conspiracy Theories Swirl Online
December 02 2013 4:00 PM
Actor Paul Walker's death is at the center of a range of conspiracy theories suggesting that his death was anything but accidental.
- China Had Commercial Drone Delivery Before Amazon
December 02 2013 12:55 PM
China is ground zero of commercial drone delivery, despite breathless press accounts heralding Amazon Prime Air as cutting-edge.
- 'Zombie Scare' Prank Video Goes Viral
November 27 2013 7:06 PM
A new Vine video called "Zombie Scare" has taken the pranking of people to a whole new level, going viral in the process.
- 'Sharkeisha' Has Reportedly Been Arrested
November 27 2013 2:27 PM
"Sharkeisha," the star of a fight video that has gone viral, has reportedly been arrested, and mugshots purportedly of the hard-punching woman are making the rounds online.
- Lagos Slum's Legal Victory Inspires Hope
November 27 2013 12:24 PM
A legal victory by the people of the Oto-Ilogbo district offers a potential path forward for those living in the slums of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Angola Muslims Cry Persecution Despite Denials
November 26 2013 5:23 PM
Mosque closings are reported, contradicting government officials' claims.
- Angola Denies It Banned Islam
November 25 2013 2:08 PM
The Angolan Embassy in Washington denies reports that the African nation has banned Islam and has begun to dismantle mosques.