- Monsanto Boosted Lobbying Amid 'Monsanto Protection Act' Backlash
October 22 2013 2:39 PM
Monsanto spent $1 million more on lobbying in the third quarter of 2013 than it did in the second.
- Syrian Christians Confront Difficult Decisions Over Refugees
October 18 2013 9:15 PM
Syrian Christians face difficult decisions as the refugee crisis in the war-torn country grows.
- Conservative Tweeters Revolt Against GOP Over Debt Deal
October 17 2013 3:46 PM
Conservative Twitter users turned their ire on Republicans, led by Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who voted for the debt deal.
- Debt Ceiling Deal Roll Call: How Did Your Congress Member Vote?
October 17 2013 11:55 AM
Find out how your senators and representatives voted on the debt ceiling deal that passed Congress Wednesday and put an end to the shutdown.
- How Washington Can End Debt Crises For Good
October 16 2013 6:15 PM
As a deal to raise the debt ceiling appears to be in the making, many are left to wonder, how did it come to this and what do we do from here?
- Furloughed Federal Contractors Face Weeks Without Pay
October 14 2013 5:09 PM
As the federal government shutdown drags on, furloughed federal contractors are much worse off than civil servants.
- Powerful Tropical Cyclone Phailin Threatens Indian Coast
October 11 2013 4:10 PM
Phailin, described as double the width of Sandy and as strong as Katrina, could be biggest storm to arise from Bay of Bengal.
- A Colorful Journey Into Tokyo’s Sexy Android Palace
October 11 2013 3:56 PM
Welcome to Robot Restaurant, the epic palace of sexy androids that represents the apex of Tokyo’s competition for the lustful tourist dollar.
- NYC Tornado Watch In Effect
October 07 2013 11:34 AM
A tornado watch was issued Monday for New York City and beyond.
- Who Is Ariana? All About Ariana Grande
October 06 2013 8:33 PM
Learn all about Ariana Grande, aka Ariana, the leader of the Arianators, one of the biggest Twitter groups to emerge recently.
- Olympic Torch Flickers Out In Russia Before Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
October 06 2013 3:40 PM
The Olympic torch went out during a preliminary torch relay Sunday in Moscow during the run-up to the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Tropical Storm Karen Downgraded To Depression
October 06 2013 12:57 PM
Tropical Storm Karen has mostly spared Gulf Coast residents, having been downgraded to depression status Saturday night.
- Inspectors Begin To Destroy Syrian Chemical Weapons
October 06 2013 12:01 PM
Experts started destroying the regime’s chemical-weapons arsenal Sunday, witnesses say.
- A Day In The Life Of A Furloughed Federal Government Worker
October 04 2013 7:10 PM
“Grand Theft Auto V,” a visit to the doctor’s office and a bike ride are highlights of one darkly funny, yet boring, day during the shutdown.
- Unpaid National Weather Service Employees Issue Plea To 'Please Pay Us'
October 04 2013 5:59 PM
Crafty National Weather Service employees -- who are working without pay as the federal government shutdown continues -- hid a covert plea to "please pay us" within a forecast dispatch posted on the agency's website Friday.
- Huffington Post Gets A Pet 'Testicle-Eating' Pacu Fish
October 04 2013 3:32 PM
The HuffPo's Weird News team has acquired a fish with a scary reputation.
- Video Reveals Tense Exchange During Capitol Hill Shooting Incident
October 03 2013 8:53 PM
The video reveals police approaching a black sedan with guns drawn before the vehicle speeds away from the scene and down a street.
- Meet Miriam Carey, Capitol Hill Incident Suspect
October 03 2013 6:42 PM
Meet Miriam Carey, the dental hygienist identified in news reports as the suspect in the shooting incident that left Capitol Hill on lockdown.
- US Capitol Police Who Responded To Shooting Not Being Paid
October 03 2013 4:37 PM
Capitol police are "essential employees," who must report to work despite the lapse in funding for federal operations, but they're still not being paid.
- Meet Tom Clancy's Widow, Alexandra Marie Llewellyn
October 02 2013 11:38 AM
Meet Alexandra Marie Llewellyn, Tom Clancy's wife, who was a freelance journalist and is now a widow following the author's death on Tuesday.